[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Should be called s3 not vindictus

CedricCedric
Vindictus Rep: 1,355
in General Discussion
That would be the proper name for the game rght now because its all he have left from this game...
Before rise we had s1 with nice parties like colru or lio which was tempting even for high gear player with bo and some stil good scrolls and seals. We had s1 hero for scrolls now all gone.
We had s2 raids which was pretty cool and nice rewarded and also s2 dungeons like twilight desert and cmi/ship graveyard now also gone.
We had ben chenner with all nice looking dungeons and unique battles...now we got donegal which looks all like one big map cutted smaller mapas.
Nothing aside s3 worth to do anymore .. everything is borring, not to mention the 4 ppl party witch practically turned the guild concept into a chat box. We got neam and dulla which are very good but i dont think that cover the gap for everything else...
I dont wanna spread the dead game stuffs or such i still like the game and play it but its sad really... there is not much to do anymore aside s3.
Sir_RenderSaintGuinnessArishante

Comments

• CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited February 20, 2018
    S2 former-raids are probably more rewarding now than they were before, and arguably more rewarding than S3 these days. Still boring unless you do it on Hero, but at least the reward aspect is there and people still run it.

Ben Chenner also is not really unique battles. The story versions are all the same large map condensed, and the full run versions are not much different than Donegal missions other than they're longer.
    AzelunaDokkun
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    I actually miss the long battles with multiple bosses like Ship Graveyard. Sucks imo that they changed Ben Chenner Entrance and the rest...
    YakuzamaSir_RenderdazedgumballSaintGuinness
  • CedricCedric
    @cashew idk on what server are you playing but on EU where i play aside enthu and wellb there isnt anuthing worth there not to mention the quality of s2 now..
    And ben chenner was considerable more enjoyable than donegal which get borring after 1-2runs and they all look the same and lifeless. Ben chenner was made on seasons winter/spring etc.. was very nice visually and wasnt so repetitive as donegal imo..
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited February 21, 2018
    Cedric wrote: »
    @cashew idk on what server are you playing but on EU where i play aside enthu and wellb there isnt anuthing worth there not to mention the quality of s2 now..

uhm....passion ES? bloodlust ? valor? lvl80 gear is each 60k gold if you dismantle it and it drops like crazy
    Azeluna
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Long dungeons like CMI, Graveyard, desert were the best. It sucked that they had so many loading screens but still they felt like dungeoneering. Early Ben chenner dungeons gave me new hope for the direction of the game, straightforward runs and beautiful environment within longer maps. Good place to strike up friendships or make "enemies" since you had plenty time to kick back and chat.

Why would you go and butcher the maps and cut them into smaller ones (some bosses are just gone) is beyond my understanding. Donegal maps are just another step in the wrong direction but at this point it's clear that they want to appeal to the casual gamer.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Arishante wrote: »
    IN MY OPINION, Donegal maps are just another step in the wrong direction but at this point it's clear that they want to appeal to the casual gamer.

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited February 21, 2018
    WALL OF TEXT INCOMING
    Long dungeons like CMI, Graveyard, desert were the best. It sucked that they had so many loading screens but still they felt like dungeoneering.

Most people hated s2 dungeons because they were meaninglessly long, with the worst part being the need to backtrack for treasure chest.
    CMI and SG were okay lengthwise, but backtracking in Twilight Desert and Misty Summit were nightmare.
    Given how disconnecting issues were a big issue back then, trying to stay online for 30+ minute run is difficult.
    I don't know if you are EU or not, but NA didn't get the ability to relog back into the same battle quest until EU/NA merge.

I do miss the time mechanics in the desert,though. Now it's difficult to take dawn/dusk screenshot at specific area.

Taking retrospective to s3, aka"relevant contents", there's a good reason people only run raids and why stuff like shard and chunk worth a ton compared to OJ armor pieces. People hate long maps and dungeon crawling, and rather do daily raids and then log off to spend time on something better.

We play vindi for "combat", not for walking from point A to point B.
    Early Ben chenner dungeons gave me new hope for the direction of the game, straightforward runs and beautiful environment within longer maps. Good place to strike up friendships or make "enemies" since you had plenty time to kick back and chat.

Vindictus client are so poorly optimized and too demanding for older PCs, I rather chat with people met ingame offline through raidcall or discord group.
    I do prefer meeting people ingame since that's how i started, but after seeing how a certain ranked arisha got hammered for revealing too much of his info, let's just say with each passing day when playerbases start to know each other too well, they start chewing each other inside out.
    Why would you go and butcher the maps and cut them into smaller ones (some bosses are just gone) is beyond my understanding. Donegal maps are just another step in the wrong direction but at this point it's clear that they want to appeal to the casual gamer.
    You must mean story quest map. They butcher it to make it reasonably long for players to handle.
    If you scroll way down in s3, there's that original long map for ben chen that you all love.
    Anyway, when you say "butcher", you must mean butchering the value of OJ drops from Ben Chen.
    That's exactly why you have difficulties finding people to run those with. You have to blame the players, not the derpcats.

As for Donegal, length is same as those in s1, so are you claiming s1 was wrong this whole time?
    I do agree that we're getting too much snowy or icy maps thou. The ones had come alongside fish boss are all icy map yet again.

I seem to be arguing against your idea the most, but take no offense. It's just because you are the latest post and you pointed out some concrete stuff to discuss lol.

As for OP, I like how you wholeheartedly dismiss rocheste s1 raids when you mention s1 as a whole.

They were also challenging, right? Apparently, they are less appealing because of no valuable drops!
    You should change your argument to " Make every battle drops something endgame" instead.

TL:DR: Hero S1/S2 drops hero's box for departure license, and that's how nexon decides to make old content relevant.
    Get more departure licenses so you can raid s3 more for endgame stuff.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited February 21, 2018
    I don't really understand the love for Ben Chenner and dislike for Donegal. If you put Manus before every loading screen in Donegal, you basically have shorter Ben Chenner. It's not like the maps in Ben Chenner ever change. I still like the Ben Chenner maps, but like Enigma said, we play Vindictus to kill things and fight bosses. I personally hated the S2 long maps because half the run was spent running from A to B to C.
    Azeluna
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    I feel they are sorta trying to address this with the rotating special raids though by giving older bosses endgame stats and endgame drops
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Do you not understand what kind of game you're playing?
  • CedricCedric
    i never said that i would like every dungeon to drop endgame stuffs ... its just that we had a lot of different dungeons to farm with various drops like rings or bo parts for crafting etc...and the game was more enjoyable like that and less boring since u had a variety of places to do your things.
    Now its just the 7 raids from s3 ... and yes donegal imo is ugly, lifeless and more repetitive than ben chenner ever was.
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    edited February 21, 2018
    I miss long twilight desert

Said no one ever
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    @EnigmaTaro

I didn't expect such a simple. subjective post to be dissected. Do you feel the need to correct somebody's preference or experience in general? i don't take offense, i just don't get why you have to argue about it or lecture me on what players want in general with you as their voice.

My response was in solidarity with Jinyie, it reminded me of the longer dungeons and what fun i had with my friends in them. Cmi, graveyard were nice, desert and summit could be annoying sometimes, ben chenner originally (before they shortened them, making them less "alive") was great and again i state i was hopeful at that point. Long dungeons with plenty bosses to fight for variety, escapism with a kickazz combat system.

You say most people don't play for escapism, just to pass their time doing daily raids till something better. If true, we're both sad.