[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Opinions on Delia and her DPS?

SifTheWolfSifTheWolf
Vindictus Rep: 415
edited February 17, 2017 in Delia
I'm at the point where I'm debating on going back to my Cestus Karok or continuing my Delia.

Both are near 90 - I like both their playstyles but I only have the funds and time for one main.

I find the lack of speed on Delia atm is REALLY limiting her damage output. ( I have 7 speed lul)

Where as my karok outputs so much damage without really needing any speed or extra gear.

Is there a point where Delia gets gud?

What are your opinions on her and her damage?

Thanks ^-^

Comments

• jakkerjakker
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited February 21, 2017
    Delia is top dps aslong as the boss is a potato and doesnt move at all (Season2).
    As soon as it gets Season3-ish shes a weakling (Yohaad/Habi shall be "okay" tough) . Every ScytheEvie will do better.
    Im at 94 attspd and things doesnt seem to change, still need years to finish a combo.
  • YokedOutBazongasYokedOutBazongas
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Delia's sandbag DPS is quite high, but still only ranking 3rd or 4th. From my personal experience, Spear Lann is the top sandbag DPS.
    I'd say general DPS wise, Cestus Karok is higher. And possibly require less amount of gear to be efficient.

Delia is still quite good in term of viability. She can be a good investment if you like her play style.
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    edited February 21, 2017
    High, especially against unmobile bosses. Don't forget to keep 3 stack vigor buff, up.
  • pewsnexpewsnex
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    jakker wrote: »
    Delia is top dps aslong as the boss is a potato and doesnt move at all (Season2).
    As soon as it gets Season3-ish shes a weakling (Yohaad/Habi shall be "okay" tough) . Every ScytheEvie will do better.
    Im at 94 attspd and things doesnt seem to change, still need years to finish a combo.

every scythe? come on now, I'm only at 86 attack speed but not every scythe will do more dps.

With equal gear, I'd say delia would come in 3rd-4th, depending on sandbaggy boss or one that moves around a lot.

• HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Delia has broken sandbag dps. It gets tricky on non-sandbags.

Stacking speed and never get hit will get her very high damage output on things like neam; while not doing so great on things like baldy and abominaton.

Stacking def and only keeping 2 stacks most of the time will get her very good performance bosses like regina and baldy; but it falls short on bosses like neam and braha.
  • jakkerjakker
    every scythe? come on now, I'm only at 86 attack speed but not every scythe will do more dps.
    Ofcourse not EVERY scythe. We obviously talking about scythes with equal skill and gear level.
    I played both classes intensively. Scythe is 100% stronger in S3.
    Delia might be cool and strong in doing solo when you perfectionize your combos with the boss' movement but in party where he chosses randomly ppl and attack .. no way, delia cant keep up.
  • pewsnexpewsnex
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    I must really suck at scythe cuz both my delia and scythe +15 90s weapons with about equal ABCs and I felt my delia was always stronger. meh :(
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Delia gives that feeling(especially the final smash) but scythe is faster, stronger and mobile. Enhanced snaps does a lot of damage and not to mention she almost always has that speed buff(insane reaper) on.
  • sadrazamsadrazam
    Vindictus Rep: 695
    Really low damage for how slow she is. Even hammer fiona gets faster and hits harder.
  • jakkerjakker
    alright, guess we are all fine with a delia revamp
    FlufffyParrot
  • hazebetobehazebetobe
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    idk what you guys mean by delia not having good dps I have 83 att speed and get 1st in nearly every battle
  • sadrazamsadrazam
    Vindictus Rep: 695
    edited March 6, 2017
    hazebetobe wrote: »
    idk what you guys mean by delia not having good dps I have 83 att speed and get 1st in nearly every battle

Weird how with every class there is someone claiming to be #1 in nearly every battle.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Delia has good potential at higher speed, but Cestus Karok is overall better and has way better ability to survive and benefit from being close to the boss.
  • SunrisePDISunrisePDI
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    On youtube are quiet good Delia players as an example, knows perfect guard and dodge timing each attack from the boss.
    I like her counter attack (Guard -> R) also lovely to use on Kielu's multi hit ground poke while being close to her.
    Choosing the right moment of attack can be very tricky on fast bosses.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    jakker wrote: »

Impossible.

I'm at 71 attack speed as Delia and when I play my dps is boss dependent but against bosses that I know well and I've practiced against I hold my own very well in terms of dps output compared to my own chainblade Vella. That means I'm almost always top or 2nd dps.

S3 is really where Delia shines. She does magnificently against the measured boss attacks in S3. Not like S2 where you have Iset... S3 bosses have so far been Juggernaut level of sweeping and clearing attacks and so Delia does very well.

It's rare that I don't get over 25% damage in PUGs if the raid is ~5 minutes long. If the raid is longer it generally means the party is weaker and my damage just creeps up. I think if a raid is around 15 minutes I'm generally in the 50% damage range.

==========

Against sandbags Delia gets top damage. She gets near scythe Evie levels of damage on sandbags, if not meets or exceeds it.
    Against medium aggression bosses like Lugh, Juggernaut, Regina, etc, she matches chainblades Vella.
    And only against the smaller and really aggressive bosses that attack out of everything like Iset does she struggle to subpar damage. Still manageable to do your share of damage in a party but it's noticeably more difficult in a solo situation.

I would say, in terms of dps, think of Delia like spear Lann.
    She has really forward moving attacks that can help you position her against a lot of boss attacks but her damage is dependent upon being able to attack freely.
    If a boss lets you do that with your attacks and your movements you are in the top tier damage range. The more a boss attacks and forces you to move and not attack the less your damage output becomes because unlike the others you have a large amount of downtime if the boss forcibly chains a lot of attacks.

An Arisha can block a boss attack string and immediately turn on full damage output.
    Delia cannot.

Scythe Evie can dodge away, dodge right back and basically be at her 3rd smash combo very fast.
    Delia can dodge away, dodge right back with smash cancel Gravity Hop. But she will not be at her 2nd or 3rd smash instantly. :(

Spear Lann can dodge an attack quickly and very quickly be back to Moon Splitter.
    Delia can do no such thing.

I think I've seen only two other good Delias in my raids, though.
    Most of the others aren't even geared properly or simply do not know how to play efficiently as Delia.
    There is a subtle "mischievous" style to her play that you need to entertain. It's like, every time I play Delia I feel like I need to be smirking. That's as best as I can explain it. >_>

So yeah, I definitely think Delia's upper end damage output is really good in general. Unless you're putting in soloing Iset as the top clause. Then she's horrible. :(
  • jakkerjakker
    I would say, in terms of dps, think of Delia like spear Lann.
    lemaouou

its pretty simple to explain
    non mobile boss = delia strong
    mobile boss = delia buttcheeks

ofc you still can do good dps on that ones,
    but on equal skilled/geared scythies, xguns and whatever you just have nothing.
    im mostly on the top aswell, but that doesnt mean delia is top tier dps.

im lvling an arisha right now and im not even as half as good geared as my delia
    and i already feel a way better potential on raids.
  • LyfialLyfial
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    sadrazam wrote: »
    Really low damage for how slow she is. Even hammer fiona gets faster and hits harder.

Hammer Fiona has HUGE downtime after stigma, Delia has none, she is fluid.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Lyfial wrote: »
    sadrazam wrote: »

Hammer Fiona has HUGE downtime after stigma, Delia has none, she is fluid.

hammer fiona's main dmg comes from butterfly combos, not stigma.
    won't deny that delia is more fluid tho.

back to the topic, imo delia should be close to scythe, in some scenery a bit stronger but mostly under scythe.
  • RaphionRaphion
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Maybe skill based character.