[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise update lies about damage contribution system

Comments

• Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited January 26, 2018
    yv97JOF.png
    Nice Vella Deprived :smirk:
  • DeprivedDeprived
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    edited January 26, 2018
    /facepalm

Looks like I have a new stalker.

LOL and that isn't even my character.

So first I'm 'Prototypyramid' and now I'm this 'Zaratra' person lol

You and your buttbuddy "MisterWhiskers' seem to have some kind of identity crisis going on over there.

This is why I say you two have some serious personal issues. You deny it but you've now confirmed it. Who else do you see on the forums going out of their way to search in-game to try and guess who another forum user's in-game character is and upload screenshots of random players? You have to have a pretty sad pathetic life to be doing that lol

But it's funny to see people failing again and again trying to tell me I'm other people lol

Thanks for the laughs

Pro Tip: There are lots of players that look exactly the same because they're given the same free +10 sets you fool. Next thing you're going to tell me those two hurks that look exactly the same with the same free +10 set are the same people right?

Reported for spam.

Have fun with the harassment infraction.

There's a reason why I removed every player's names in my earlier screenshots you imbecile.

Because that's against the forum ToS and is harassment.

Hope you don't get banned there buddy. Good luck.

The things people do for attention.
  • BlatantBlatant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    RaR was changed to be more suited to end game people. Idk why people are complaining when they can't keep up in free lvl 90 budget gear.
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 26, 2018
    Blatant wrote: »
    RaR was changed to be more suited to end game people. Idk why people are complaining when they can't keep up in free lvl 90 budget gear.

I don't see anywhere it says that Royal Army Raids are only for players with amazing endgame gear or only for "end game people".

And if that were the case and you truly wanted it to be like that, where only "end game people" are doing Royal Army Raids then you wouldn't have anyone to even do Royal Army Raids with because you need at least 10 people to start the raid and most of the time a whole lot of those players you're doing Royal Army Raids with are actually not "end game people" and are either newbies or players with more average gear and stats. It's already difficult a lot of the time to get a Royal Army Raid party put together as it is.

Why do you think so many players have to go and use server megaphones to get people to join Royal Army Raids? Because it's that hard to get the raid filled with 10 players already a lot of the time. And you want it to be restricted to only "end game people" to make matters even worse?

What do you think would happen if you just went and removed all the newbies and players that don't have "end game" gear and stats? If you just went and said "RAR is only for end game people, your gear isn't good enough to keep up" and they followed your advice to not do it unless they have "end game" gear? It would be even worse and would probably take hours to get a Royal Army Raid put together and also there would be a whole lot less Royal Army Raid parties.

This penalty of only giving one core if you do less than 1% damage shouldn't exist period because there are too many other elements that come into play during Royal Army Raids in the NA region at least like terrible nearly unplayable server lag that significantly lowers damage potential, players not getting revived and many other scenarios where newbies might not reach 1% in time. And Nexon still hasn't formally addressed this issue, they haven't told us why this 1% damage penalty is being applied to Royal Army Raids and they said that the damage reward system wouldn't apply there when it is being applied.
  • BlatantBlatant
    Deprived wrote: »

I don't see anywhere it says that Royal Army Raids are only for players with amazing endgame gear or only for "end game people".

And if that were the case and you truly wanted it to be like that, where only "end game people" are doing Royal Army Raids then you wouldn't have anyone to even do Royal Army Raids with because you need at least 10 people to start the raid and most of the time a whole lot of those players you're doing Royal Army Raids with are actually not "end game people" and are either newbies or players with more average gear and stats. It's already difficult a lot of the time to get a Royal Army Raid party put together as it is.

Why do you think so many players have to go and use server megaphones to get people to join Royal Army Raids? Because it's that hard to get the raid filled with 10 players already a lot of the time. And you want it to be restricted to only "end game people" to make matters even worse?

What do you think would happen if you just went and removed all the newbies and players that don't have "end game" gear and stats? If you just went and said "RAR is only for end game people, your gear isn't good enough to keep up" and they followed your advice to not do it unless they have "end game" gear? It would be even worse and would probably take hours to get a Royal Army Raid put together and also there would be a whole lot less Royal Army Raid parties.

This penalty of only giving one core if you do less than 1% damage shouldn't exist period because there are too many other elements that come into play during Royal Army Raids in the NA region at least like terrible nearly unplayable server lag that significantly lowers damage potential, players not getting revived and many other scenarios where newbies might not reach 1% in time. And Nexon still hasn't formally addressed this issue, they haven't told us why this 1% damage penalty is being applied to Royal Army Raids and they said that the damage reward system wouldn't apply there when it is being applied.

The fact that they increased the rewards to give myst shards doesn't show that it's more end game suited? What new player could properly utilize that? Also there are plenty of "newbies" that are level 95 that have budget dullahan weapons/armors, etc that can easily do 1%. Sorry but not everything is supposed to be noob friendly. Rise already made it so that everything is piss easy except for a few of the later raids.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055

They probably will never address or change it because it doesn't make them money.
    It's as effective as the complaints from KR about Karok and Lann changes (Not very effective)
    Deprived
  • DeprivedDeprived
    The fact that they increased the rewards to give myst shards doesn't show that it's more end game suited? What new player could properly utilize that? Also there are plenty of "newbies" that are level 95 that have budget dullahan weapons/armors, etc that can easily do 1%. Sorry but not everything is supposed to be noob friendly. Rise already made it so that everything is piss easy except for a few of the later raids.

Huh?

You really think they added Mysterious Shards to Royal Army Raid drops just for end game players only and they would just leave the newbies out like that?

Do you really think that's fair? Because you're claiming that Royal Army Raids are for end game players and not newbies or lesser geared players, that those who aren't "end game people" shouldn't be complaining if they can't keep up.

The reason why they added Mysterious Shards to Royal Army Raid drops is so everyone (no, not just you and "end game people") would feel compelled to participate in Royal Army Raids, to give more incentive to doing those larger scale raids. It helps both "end game people" as you call it and newbies/average/casual players as well because they can sell the shards and make some gold, it serves as another source of income for all kinds of players, end game gear or not.

So there's your answer to your "what new player could utilize that" question.

And you keep making these statements like "not everything is supposed to be noob friendly" and that's besides the point. This 1% damage penalty should not be applied to Royal Army Raids considering the ridiculous amounts of server lag we have to deal with half the time doing them and all the other scenarios I've listed in my first post of the thread which have a severe negative impact on damage percentage that is already low to begin with. Under those conditions it makes no sense to have this 1% damage penalty.

Maybe you don't care about the newbies and those with limited or less resources than others that aren't able to obtain strong enough gear yet to do lots of damage no matter what but I do and this is what this thread is for.

Stop being selfish and think about the others less fortunate than yourself.

It's easy to take it for granted how all those weaker players will join Royal Army Raids with you to get it filled up so you can actually do it and even have a chance to get that Mysterious Shard but you wouldn't be able to do Royal Army Raids at all if it weren't for them because they make up the majority and "end game people" are the minority here so you should try humbling yourself and think about what they have to put up with before getting big-headed and just saying "well Royal Army Raids are for end game people only, newbies shouldn't complain if they can't keep up".

Without the newbies and weaker players you wouldn't have a Royal Army Raid to do, there would only be a few Royal Army Raid boats completed every day and the prices of your precious Mysterious Shards would skyrocket.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    See MrWhiskers, that's how you troll, take notes and upgrade your shtick. Ranting and trolling at the same time, it's an art, you entertain your readers and yourself at the same time.

I don't have anything to add to the discussion, i feel Isnatchmoney tried to reason and explain things but it fell on deaf ears. So i guess i'm soon to be reported for toxic behavior too, not before op tells me how much of an attention ****, shitty elitist, imbecile, troll i am. Y'know, totally non offensive slams. And 30 paragraphs of patronizing sensibility, fueled by rage and expressed with chest-thumping. Or maybe he's spent, trying so hard to fight for the little guys and catching flack for it. Please don't fight for my noob lynn, she has bigger and harder battles in Vindictus.

• BlatantBlatant
    edited January 26, 2018

Huh?

You really think they added Mysterious Shards to Royal Army Raid drops just for end game players only and they would just leave the newbies out like that?

Do you really think that's fair? Because you're claiming that Royal Army Raids are for end game players and not newbies or lesser geared players, that those who aren't "end game people" shouldn't be complaining if they can't keep up.

The reason why they added Mysterious Shards to Royal Army Raid drops is so everyone (no, not just you and "end game people") would feel compelled to participate in Royal Army Raids, to give more incentive to doing those larger scale raids. It helps both "end game people" as you call it and newbies/average/casual players as well because they can sell the shards and make some gold, it serves as another source of income for all kinds of players, end game gear or not.

So there's your answer to your "what new player could utilize that" question.

And you keep making these statements like "not everything is supposed to be noob friendly" and that's besides the point. This 1% damage penalty should not be applied to Royal Army Raids considering the ridiculous amounts of server lag we have to deal with half the time doing them and all the other scenarios I've listed in my first post of the thread which have a severe negative impact on damage percentage that is already low to begin with. Under those conditions it makes no sense to have this 1% damage penalty.

Maybe you don't care about the newbies and those with limited or less resources than others that aren't able to obtain strong enough gear yet to do lots of damage no matter what but I do and this is what this thread is for.

Stop being selfish and think about the others less fortunate than yourself.

It's easy to take it for granted how all those weaker players will join Royal Army Raids with you to get it filled up so you can actually do it and even have a chance to get that Mysterious Shard but you wouldn't be able to do Royal Army Raids at all if it weren't for them because they make up the majority and "end game people" are the minority here so you should try humbling yourself and think about what they have to put up with before getting big-headed and just saying "well Royal Army Raids are for end game people only, newbies shouldn't complain if they can't keep up".

Without the newbies and weaker players you wouldn't have a Royal Army Raid to do, there would only be a few Royal Army Raid boats completed every day and the prices of your precious Mysterious Shards would skyrocket.

? I go out of my way to carry plenty of randoms that can't complete raids themselves. There are plenty of ways for newer players to make money more consistently. You could literally run s2 raids and make more money a day than you can doing RaR and hoping to get a 25m shard. If you're not strong enough to do more than 1% of the raid its simple, stop doing it and gear up by getting drops from other raids. I don't see why anyone should get the same rewards as someone who has contributed so much more just because they showed up.
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    6ee93e0630784a8ee45004b8b6f498f5.png

If you blame lag just leave, simple. If you can't deal 1% you're doing something severely wrong.
    MisterWhiskers
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    edited January 26, 2018
    Don't think they lied? What would lying about it be beneficial to Nexon? Didn't word it properly, made a mistake typing it out? Maybe. But intentionally lying about it, that's far fetched.

And yeah I believe if you do under 1% you should get 0 rewards not 1. Below 1% is leeching. (Even if you go inside naked your stats will be boosted to a standard, you just need to have a weapon and do some damage.) Don't care if u have bad interned or bad pc, get a better versions of those 2 or just don't blame it on something else and quit the game. And saying that in a nice way.. don't imagine this game is any fun playing in what 10-20 fps?

Also recommended to put all players in Robes when participating in Royal Raids as it would help the frame rate and the raid will perform better.
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 26, 2018
    Yes because it's okay for game companies to make players play on laggy servers right?

That's what the most successful games do right? Give players laggy servers to play on?

Here in Vindictus we seem to have some players that seem to think that that's okay when it's not. They're so used to the abuse and being forced to play in laggy Royal Army Raids they try to convince others that they should ignore it or tell them "just leave" like 'isnatchmoney' is doing lol

This is what we call Stockholm's Syndrome - you get abused by someone or victimized for so long you don't see any problem with it anymore and actually defend the abuser like nothing is wrong. Never thought I would see something like that going on with players in a game but never say never.

You might be okay with the lag and think there is no issue with it but don't try forcing your opinion on others telling them "just leave". I'm not a sheep like you might be where I just take the abuse and be quiet because no one else is speaking up about the issues at hand.

Lag in any game is a serious issue period and it complicates everything. In this case it causes a negative impact on damage dealt by newbies. We aren't able to deal those crazy amounts of damage better geared players might be able to with all the server lag and other issues in Royal Army Raids. Compound that with the fact that newbies are dying a whole lot more with the lag and you have the recipe for dealing very low damage when damage by most players is already very low in Royal Army Raids.

Not hard to understand this concept.

P.S: And for those that may be confused I'm referring to server lag, I'm not talking about PC lag or frame rate, I haven't mentioned frame rates or anything about my PC anywhere in this thread, I'm playing on a $2,000 PC so my PC doesn't lag at all. But server lag that we have to deal with in Royal Army Raids which is due to inadequate servers for Royal Army Raids that can't handle the player load is out of my control.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 26, 2018
    OP right now

tumblr_nqaa8lz3cP1uxcjr5o1_500.gif

ISnatchMoney
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 26, 2018
    OP right now @ everyone

Reported for spam and trolling.

You're a terrible troll by the way, your posts make me cringe.
    MisterWhiskers
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Well that is awfully biased of you based on your experience, for example my experience is not that bad in Royal Raids, sure there is some lag before the raid starts cause of all the people joining, and maybe a freeze as well, but after that 50-60 fps. And I am not running some insane gaming setup, my pc costs like 400-450 euros at most. And besides Royal raids, I very rarely experience lag. 4 man raids 50-60 fps, 40-50 while hosting.

Why don't you post your computer stats and internet speed, screenshots or something. And I'll tell you if it's Nexon or you.
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    edited January 26, 2018
    You're misinformed, if you lag just leave and try to join another Royal Army Raid run. Don't go ahead of yourself assuming someone has a syndrome, when you're the one trying to throw insults whenever you so please. You seem to have some mental disability. Mostly everyone is aware that Royal Army Raids do lag, but usually it's the first one in to host it i believe. If that person can't host, then yeah- you will lag badly. I've run it daily and no problem for me. Maybe you should get a job to buy a better computer so you won't lag with your setup.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    edited January 26, 2018
    You're misinformed, if you lag just leave and try to join another Royal Army Raid run. Mostly everyone is aware that Royal Army Raids do lag, but usually it's the first one in to host it i believe. If that person can't host, then yeah- you will lag badly. I've run it daily and no problem for me. Maybe you should get a job to buy a better computer so you won't lag with your setup.

No one is hosting royal raids. It's their server.

@Deprived

You just edited that you are playing on a 2000$ pc, well how come I can even stream royal raids if I want to or record it and I wont have any problem doing more than enough damage. And yet your 2000$ pc sufferers in royals because of Nexon server lag.

If its such a big issue make a video about in which you play royal raids, and show us the severe lag throughout the raid, and maybe send it to Nexon aswell, cause if you suffer from it so badly means everyone is. If not its just words, i can type words as-well. Don't mean they are true.

I'm not saying either that their servers are perfect, they could definitely be way better, but as for my experience it is not game breaking.
    Deprived
  • DeprivedDeprived
    Well that is awfully biased of you based on your experience, for example my experience is not that bad in Royal Raids, sure there is some lag before the raid starts cause of all the people joining, and maybe a freeze as well, but after that 50-60 fps. And I am not running some insane gaming setup, my pc costs like 400-450 euros at most. And besides Royal raids, I very rarely experience lag. 4 man raids 50-60 fps, 40-50 while hosting.

Why don't you post your computer stats and internet speed, screenshots or something. And I'll tell you if it's Nexon or you.

I'm not talking about my PC or internet lag, I'm talking about server lag in Royal Army Raids specifically.

And just because your experience has been "not that bad" doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. Other players are doing Royal Army Raids in other parties and when it lags it can get very, very bad. That's lag that everyone gets in the entire party. That has nothing to do with my own PC or internet if the whole party is feeling the lag.

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Below 1% is leeching.

Isn't this what the votekick system is for? Shouldn't leechers be judged by other players rather than forcing the d-peen fight even more? Because this is the direction the game is going as long as people are rewarded/punished for their damage.

This is just too ridiculous compared to the situation where people are rewarded/punished for their actual teamwork because the boss's mechanics require the participation of all party members without exception.
    Deprived
  • DeprivedDeprived
    edited January 26, 2018
    @RobertLivia
    I'm not going to make a video to prove to one naive player that there is very severe server lag sometimes (not all the time) in Royal Army Raids. You have another user admitting that Royal Army Raids do lag, not going out my way to go and make a video to repeat what's already been said and what everyone already knows.

It's common knowledge that this does happen and it's been happening ever since Royal Army Raids were first released several years ago and Nexon has just said they're working on it in the past. Not sure what the status is now, whether they're even still trying to address the lag anymore or not.

Maybe in your daily runs with your one character you're lucky enough to not have to deal with the server lag but I'm doing Royal Army Raids on 4 different characters and I do have to deal with it sometimes and it gets to the point where it's nearly unplayable altogether.

But thank you for pointing out that Royal Army Raids are not hosted by players, they're hosted on Nexon's own dedicated servers they use for those raids specifically.

Whoever started that rumor that players host Royal Army Raids should get an award though because they have all these other people thinking players actually host Royal Army Raids lol They don't.

Just because it says "X player is now the party leader" or something like that in chat doesn't mean that player is hosting for 12 people. Nexon is not just going around forcing random players to host for 12 people on their home internet connections. Because if that were the case I assure you Royal Army Raids would just be randomly disconnecting and ending mid-battle left and right and you would have players in certain regions getting no lag at all and other players in the same party getting very bad lag due to distance lag but that's not what happens. When a Royal Army Raid is lagging, the entire party is lagging period.

I've yet to see Nexon explicitly state anywhere that players are hosting Royal Army Raids. So you're the only one "misinformed" here 'isnatchmoney'.