[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Well...Screw Us I Guess (upcoming patch notes)

boddoleboddole
Vindictus Rep: 1,410
edited October 23, 2017 in Karok
Just a quick analysis of the impact of the upcoming changes (actual in-game stats now vs. changed abilities as I have read them):
*if you have higher AS data results, let me know

Pillar:
Bison Stance (+10):
@3 AS: -0, 13 stays 13
@12: -1, 23 -> 22
@33: -2, 45-> 43
@63: -3, 76->73
guessing @~99: -4

Deadly Stomp [1-4, 5 doesn't seem to do anything...] (+40):
@12: -2, 54 -> 52
@33: -7, 80 -> 73
@63: -13, 116 -> 103
guessing @~99: -19

Cestus:
Speed Buff (+22):
@13: -1, 36 -> 35
@30: -3, 55 -> 52
@56: -6, 84 -> 78
guessing @~90: -9

and of course Clash...jeeeebus. Down from ideally 6/7 over 10 mins (though probably half that rate is realistic) down to 1...in 20 mins....aka, every fight in the game. This is a huge nerf.

*Speed buffs only apply to 'attacks' and not 'movement' (which I suppose at least means walking, running speed, Cestus Weaving/Dashing)
?: The # of AS we get during the new clash cooldown buff
?: Does Pillar Roll count as an attack, considering it does damage

Comments

• guyaltguyalt
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    what does it actually mean that those buffs only effect attacks atm thats the one im most conerned about.

clash well thats crazy but at least we get some AS from it now.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited October 21, 2017
    The pillar bison stance is strictly an atk speed buff after change it does not increase the speed of your actions like roll which sucks donkey balls especially if you farm a lot of the s3 maps.

Not sure what's with these changes as they aren't even significant dps nerfs, they are just the opposite of qol changes making the class more of a pain to play. Reminds me of that changes to quick Dempsey a few months ago.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited October 23, 2017
    Updated my post a bit - anyone seen the amount of AS buff the Clash Cooldown actually gives? Also, has anyone seen if Pillar Roll is affected by Bison considering it is an attack (not sure how Nexon splits the logic between the roll as a dodge and the class ability that allows it to do damage)?

But yeah, I view Clash as by far the biggest nerf, unless you have so much AD you can out dps 3 people whaling on the boss for 10 seconds. DPS aside though, its still a major nerf to fun...

As an aside, they (devs) seem to be waging a bit of a war against AS recently as seen by the -7 Bal on the 95 weapons (basically removing a Fast) as well as changing how 'speed' buffs are applied in general). And the enhancement changes come to think of it.
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited October 25, 2017
    I don't think the change to Bison not applying to his roll is a big deal, since I'm usually in Rhino anyways for that sick stamina regen. And personally, he rolls plenty fast enough in Rhino so I'm not too worried there atleast when it comes to getting around big maps, unless they reduced the range of his roll which would piss me tf off.

Edit: from discord messages I've read from someone who has spent time translating and reading through Kr forum posts, apparently the latest patch fucked up Karok's animation speeds. This means his roll along with his attack speed is significantly slower than it is now for some reason.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    20 minutes is BULLSHIT, just like all the other changes they've done since RISE.
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited November 6, 2017
    I would like to reiterate some points just so everyone is on the same page.

I know everybody is getting worked up about the change to clash, but that is far from the biggest issue from what I've been told. There were apparently also changes not specified in the notes which involved in Karok having his base speed significantly slowed down (particular Cestus from what I've heard). Cestus is apparently as slow as Hammer Fiona when it comes to winding up his normals which literally breaks him as a playable class.

Since the update in Kr hit, I've yet to see any Cestus gameplay videos so I can't really say with certainty. So if anyone can share any gameplay videos, that would be appreciated.
  • fergiefergfergieferg
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    No nice things allowed.
  • kls9kls9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,215

Not quite a gameplay video, but it's something.
  • AtherionAtherion
    kls9 wrote: »

Not quite a gameplay video, but it's something.

If he can do it with 4k ad, he is still up there in terms of damage potential so still got that going for Karok.
  • WateraziryWateraziry
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    Karok needs a rework on his 4 normal combo left click attack combat mastery because it does too much reach and makes karok move past the enemys with them big steps on the kick 3rd and hammer 4th i think karok should change his 3rd and 4th left click combo sync into this : 1st : Left hook no change / 2nd : back fist no change / 3rd : change , he should not do kick he should do Left upper cut / 4th : change to. right upper cut that goes high and he jumps a little so a full body movement right upper cut striaght up so he can reach things and hit tall enemy like shakkar or high enough to hit the dragons head or have a little jump also in his reach it goes higher than his bolo punch that does body hit .
  • AtherionAtherion
    Wateraziry wrote: »
    Karok needs a rework on his 4 normal combo left click attack combat mastery because it does too much reach and makes karok move past the enemys with them big steps on the kick 3rd and hammer 4th i think karok should change his 3rd and 4th left click combo sync into this : 1st : Left hook no change / 2nd : back fist no change / 3rd : change , he should not do kick he should do Left upper cut / 4th : change to. right upper cut that goes high and he jumps a little so a full body movement right upper cut striaght up so he can reach things and hit tall enemy like shakkar or high enough to hit the dragons head or have a little jump also in his reach it goes higher than his bolo punch that does body hit .

Whiff your normals back bro
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Tbh Karok doesn't need any changes imo. He's a god damn brawler, the whole point of the class is to be in the bosses face non stop to deal a lot of damage. Why can't they leave the **** that works alone. Changing normal atks is dumb, changing spd on our dodge when that changes how and what karok does by a good bit for no reason, besides to say f you.(won't make a massive difference but why do it at all?) Clash is whatever, for me that was ruined with the adding of auto clash a long time ago. Changing Terror Rush......just....why? Just so I can lose 10 atk spd? I can understand the damage one being changed to a fixed rate a long time ago, but reducing the spd for terror....for what? You add in a 95 weapon that makes us slower if you want to use it and then reduce the spd of a character....wtf you guys thinking over there? I just don't understand the point of changes to a char that doesn't need them,especially since it makes him even worse to play when there are other chars who actually need changes to improve their game-play and you made theirs worse too. Can these devs ever just listen to the community instead of saying f you we do what we want. Spear lanns in korea are quitting because the changes are rere and make it even worse to play. I'm sure karoks are too, but I haven't heard that as a for sure. They want a roll back as it is for that. Now we have karok who again, changes make him worse. Why are we going backwards in char development? I have a change for you, how about letting us remap the god damn grab key from blast, sick of skipping frames and grabbing air just to get hit. How about we fix cataclysm so it doesn't take your sp add the cooldown and not use the damn skill.

Sorry for my rant, just do not see the point or sense in just about any of the changes made as a whole that happened in Korea to karok and lann. Neither do they. Otherwise they wouldn't want a rollback.
    V0lterixLion86StormCrusherKprime
  • KlardKlard
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    Karok still my favorite character but no dev never love him
    The 20 min cooldown on clash though, the best thing of Karok and they do this lol
    Oh and the speed relate too, so because he's big they make him slower?
  • DIN0DIN0
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    So any update on when this nerf is going to be implemented in NA?
  • daromiroffdaromiroff
    Vindictus Rep: 380
    I just came in here to write how pissed i am about the whole clash nerf i couldn't give less of a **** about the rest but clash was the thing that made the game fun for me i'm uninstalling and not coming back until this **** gets removed goodbye was a fun run
    YoDezso
  • daromiroffdaromiroff
    Vindictus Rep: 380
    edited January 23, 2018
    I just came in here to write how pissed i am about the whole clash nerf i couldn't give less of a **** about the rest but clash was the thing that made the game fun for me i'm uninstalling
    YoDezso
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    Im sad to see these karok nerfs again and again.. Still karok for me is the most fun to play char. Without karok i would probably quit long time ago.

I play cestus, so in order to keep up AS high now, the game kinda "force" me to stick up with lvl 90 wep which means less att and crit. I would expect a compensation in skills and buffs such as less cd on Gigantic Strength or better damage increase from Crushing Strike buff (red), and not an extra nerf in AS. And if you nerf AS atleast compensate in something else.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    But guise, less go dress up our lynns, its more fun
  • KprimeKprime
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    Atherion wrote: »
    I would like to reiterate some points just so everyone is on the same page.

I know everybody is getting worked up about the change to clash, but that is far from the biggest issue from what I've been told. There were apparently also changes not specified in the notes which involved in Karok having his base speed significantly slowed down (particular Cestus from what I've heard). Cestus is apparently as slow as Hammer Fiona when it comes to winding up his normals which literally breaks him as a playable class.

Since the update in Kr hit, I've yet to see any Cestus gameplay videos so I can't really say with certainty. So if anyone can share any gameplay videos, that would be appreciated.

So what your saying the lower his based speed to back in the day type **** smh...... Devs dont care about a character that doesnt make them money :/. been a Karok main since the start . oh well.