[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

95 update has taken its toll on me.

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
in General Discussion
One raid with a max of 2 runs per day with most runs taking 15+ minutes of zero enjoyment has burned me out. Unlike the 90 cap where we had four bosses to get weapon and armor essences from, and eventually two more that dropped worthwhile essences of their own, with Abom adding a 5th 90 weapon possibility, we have on source of "high value" items. Even though prices were similar for 90 essences for quite a while, there was a much larger source of them to overcome the piss poor RNG this game has. All 90 essences and shards having similar value also meant that grinding out a few drops could get you well on your way to what you wanted in a shorter period. That's just no longer true for 95 items.

The amount of runs needed to gain enough 95 chunks--or worse still 90 shards and essences with their rock bottom prices--to buy 95 essences just for another try at +12 or 13 is out of sorts because of the current disparity. There are multiple raids still inbound from KR and none of them offer additional sources of 95 gear, which means the availability will continue to stay low, and because so many do want high enhance items, the few will continue to get bought up. The grind just isn't fun anymore; literally sick of looking at Dullahan. On top of everything else, we got 90 essences and shards in a relatively short time after release in the seal shop, which meant a guaranteed source of new essences for players even if RNG didn't favor them. That doesn't exist for 95, which means always going up against RNG to get essences and then more RNG when enhancing. Haven't even started messing with armor yet either, so that's just going to be another headache. I think I'm going to take a break from the game until they introduce the +13/14/15 decreased RNG stones, the whales whale in droves--if the whales are still around by then--and the price of higher enhance 95s drops.

We had a server merge, but we still don't have enough players on NA to offset our horrid drop rates the way KR does. I've only really been back since Miri released and I haven't played nearly the amount that I used to but I've had enough.
ReziSir_RenderOrder5DubDeewaspPrettyyKingRichRiceTachiNecrochildVladinoand 1 other.

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Oh look ,Prototypemind with a rant post.I'm shocked
    Chequita
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited January 1, 2018
    Prototypemind's Daily Mission:
    Eat something nutritious - 0/3
    Throw away trash - 0/10
    Write daily rant post on Vindictus forums - 1/1
    AnthonytonyboyMisterWhiskers
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Ignore them Proto, they're just jealous.
    Sir_RenderPrototypemind
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    aight
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Throw away trash - 0/10

Yours isn't much different but instead writing the daily wannabe funny post.
    LoLoBootyOrder5ReziDubDeeMaryJanePrototypemindMadcobraDelterosmisakamisakaSir_Renderand 4 others.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Could take a long break because Vindictus won't be changing much anyways. It'll probably take another year before a new set of armor or weapons comes out unless BS Sidney or R-Kana drop stuff other than accessories.
    PrototypemindSir_Render
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Just take a hiatus until Aes Sidhe hits the NA servers.
    Throw away trash - 0/10

Yours isn't much different but instead writing the daily wannabe funny post.

I'll take a funny post over another bitchy rant any day
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Throw away trash - 0/10

Actually I go to the gym four to five days a week, do spinning, write, travel a bit to visit family, and have fun in other ways. Sorry to disappoint you. I eat quite healthy as well. I don't have a single microwaveable meal in the house, everything has to be made relatively freshly. Good job on the assumptions though. I genuinely am sorry that your life is so sad that you try to make yourself feel better by attempting to bring someone else down online whose life you know nothing about. It is a new year, though, so here's hoping you turn yours around and do something worthwhile.
    ReziSir_RenderNecrochildIcygoddess
    edited January 1, 2018
    Throw away trash - 0/10

. I genuinely am sorry that your life is so sad that you try to make yourself feel better by attempting to bring someone else down online whose life you know nothing about. It is a new year, though, so here's hoping you turn yours around and do something worthwhile.

what worries me more is that you can't even recognize a joke when you see it and have to insult people for no reason

no need to justify how awesome your life is nor put others down for how terrible their life might be; and I don't even know how you automatically assume that someone is a loser by judging a 4 sentence forum post that hurt your feelings

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited January 1, 2018
    @hornywatermelon and @MisterWhiskers are you guys are connected to one brain or smth? I see you both often jumping around the same threads and trying to bully someone . How about let others write something withouth your toxic coments and just latest?cb=20131125084645 seriously no need to be in every single post just to say that someone is dumb or that hes post is useless because you both look rediculus . For in case if you both want to say something about it im not going to even comment more , just needed to write that once for lol atleast . Happy new year xd
    Rezi
    for every stupid rant thread there needs to be an equal amount of stupid replies

I think its only fair
    AnthonytonyboyBowtacojrDubDee
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    edited January 1, 2018
    Why bother reading a rant thread? Just ignore and move along if you got nothing nice to say.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Taking a break is good in the long run.

Dullahan isn't really a great boss to begin with, and some classes don't benefit from the dullahan weapon anyway.
    StormCrusherSir_Render
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    for every stupid rant thread there needs to be an equal amount of stupid replies

I think its only fair

That's not the case because if you had a little brain you would know that it's targetted toward someone in person for provocation and it's not even on-topic. Yeah, that's totally fair...
    ReziSir_Render

I think its only fair

That's not the case because if you had a little brain you would know that it's targetted toward someone in person for provocation and it's not even on-topic. Yeah, that's totally fair...

dont touch my free speech,commie
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Freedom of speech is great, butt-holes have a platform to expose themselves.
    Rezi
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence. You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't stop people from reporting you for harassment.
    Order5Sir_RenderA_Little_Eerie
    edited January 2, 2018
    Rezi wrote: »

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence. You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't stop people from reporting you for harassment.

so one guy makes a joke targeted at proto's posts and that's somehow "targeted harassment"
    few replies later OP makes a personal attack at someone who dared to say that his rants are not of much use and to you that's not harassment because OP is your buddy? that's rich;

looks like 'harassment' has multiple definitions and people pick the one that fits their narrative

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 2, 2018
    I was originally gonna say that MisterWhiskers might have a secret crush on Prototypemind because the cat seems to be pouncing in almost immediately to bump the threads. However, there is a legitimate point of how Proto has been making a LOT of rant threads in the past months. It's not a healthy thing as it just excessively stirs the negativity towards the game, and that's what I wanted to focus on rather than derail the thread.

I think its only fair

Free speech is fine, but this could be considered harassment in all seriousness. I doubt that's the case though since MisterWhiskers and Prototypemind are both intelligent individuals and know that they're both just commenting out of mutual annoyances (or maybe I am thinking too highly them). Besides, even if the rest of the community had issue with this, then the thread would have been closed by now if enough complaints were made...on the other hand, the forum mods could be on vacation.
    Sir_Render
This discussion has been closed.