[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Delia Should Get This

Comments

• V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Rezi wrote: »
    Lann spears handle the fast piercing aspect

This is how I know you don't actually play this game.

• ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited December 31, 2017
    V0lterix wrote: »
    This is how I know you don't actually play this game.

I do play the game, just not Lann. I haven't played him since Beta; but I looked it up, and you're right, spears slash instead of pierce...what the actual **** DevCat. I figured all those slashing Lanns were just using swords, but now I can see there really isn't a difference between the two at all when it comes to animations.

And I've logged on almost every day for the past 4 or 5 months, so don't make a bull**** claim like that just because someone's unfamiliar with a single, outdated character.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Didn’t read cuz too lazy but y’all too rude
    Ikarsu
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Thanks for the history on lance and cavalry tactics, but i don't see how it refuted the claim that Delia as a knight trained as a lancer. She's royal, no reason to join the knights for a nobility title. Unless she had something else in mind, the romantic view of knights in search of quests or fighting in jousting tournaments. Of course her being a chevalier doesn't fit Vindictus combat, but it's not ridiculous to say a lance fits her character.

I'm not even for a lance, i'd hope for a flail. Been waiting on one since forever.
  • ReziRezi
    I already explained why she wouldn't be a lancer. She was a commander; as royalty, she trained in the aspects of knighthood that would help her be a commander. Commanders didn't use lances.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Oh i see, a little girl that was the king's daughter and could order people around... wanted to be a commander and order people around. But to become one, she never participated in jousting or war games and specifically didn't train as a lancer because she was so over those peasants. That is certain to get respect from her troops, being very privileged and above them (but not with them in cavalry charging). Great story arc.

And i guess a commander would never fight in arenas...Henry II of France absolutely did not die in lance duel on horseback. Nope. He also did not train as lancer, they just let their noob king fight against what was likely a professional chevalier, who cares about the king.
  • ReziRezi
    *facepalm*

Look, it's possible that she trained in a lance, but highly unlikely. Jousting was seen as sport, and duels to the death with it were rare. The only time someone would learn how to use a lance outside of sport was if they were specifically designated as lance cavalry. Sure, old knight kings (which were rare) may have taken jousting up as sport; nobility tended to do so. But Delia trained for war, not for sport, and lance combat takes a long time to train in, so I don't see her wasting her time with it.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Good banter with you, i theorize a simple thread, which seems plausible to me and not far fetched. You keep tip-toeing around what i say, telling me what's likely and not likely as if that refutes the claim or opens up discussion.

The facepalm got me unprepared though so i'll give up. She didn't train with lance because you don't want to believe that, so that makes it canon and eliminates all other possibilities. She is a one trick pony and that is the commander, a swordsman that revels in war but would never lead a cavalry charge with her troops.

Understandable if you at least were original in op, with a flail, mace, halberd or whatnot for her 2nd weapon. But no, you came up with another sword that gains charges. Somehow that makes you an authority on Delia's tactical training.
    AnnazmisakamisakaiMiniTheDayInLoveKiyoujiPanda
  • ReziRezi
    I was only refuting you because you claimed that she had to train in a lance as a knight. All of you are so dead-set on her having to have trained with a lance, when that's completely unrealistic. That is your ONLY argument for lance Delia.

Whereas I have the decency to actually explain how a suggested weapon would work, NONE of you try to explain how a ginormous, slow lance would work in Vindictus combat. The ONLY argument you have is "she's a knight so she must have lance/rapier" without even trying to visualize what the combat would actually be like.

Will she summon a horse out of thin air and ride it? Will she become 10x her size and throw it like a dagger? HOW in the BLAZES do you expect a jousting-style lance to work in this game? For that matter, how would RAPIER work? If you don't copy 1:1 blute, or try to copy spellsword by giving it magic assist, what do you get - an endless riposte animation? Waiting 5 minutes for an "opening" on a single enemy?

The only reason I have a problem with lance/rapier is because you think that she HAS to use them since she's a knight. My problem is with the fact that you don't try to explain how they'd work, yet you think your idea is oh-so-superior to other ideas that people actually explain.
  • ArishanteArishante
    @Rezi
    I don't want to quote myself where i said that a lance wouldn't work in Vindictus... For someone with a solid grasp of English, you don't really follow what's been said. But i defended that a lance would fit her character and i'm willing to listen to how it would fit in the game if someone is the wiser.

So... I've re-read the whole thread. There's Bowtacojr that mentions Delia could get lance as 2nd weapon because of her royal status. That's it... he doesn't say he wants it nor does anybody else. There is no you vs them, nothing to refute or disprove. Let it go, let the thread die.
    KiyoujiPanda