[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why do people join raids with lower than 1300 AD?

Comments

• ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Question2 wrote: »
    Atherion wrote: »
    Ad was changed recently to scale with your effective attack over boss defense around the time of rise. So assuming you are only 5k attack over the boss defense, each point of ad will only offer you around 3pts of attack rather than 6 at attack cap.

This was done so the people who dropped billions to max out attack limit in Kr wouldn't feel shafted since the gains of increasing ad was so much more cost effective when it came to increasing power.

Not to say that ad isn't important or overpowered, but if you lack the attack to fully utilize it, there is still a department for you to work on.

Are you sure they changed AD and not ALR? If they changed AD the way you said, then a player with 28k and 2k AD would deal way more damage per hit in muir compared to regina, which is not the case.

ALR definately works on some kind of scale though. I see a ~25% damage increase with the 1800 ALR in second trans vs 0 ALR.

Your example is misunderstood. Both Regina and Muir are attack capped at 28k, so they affect AD the same way (6.25 x AD). A better example would be a 20000 attack player. He'd have a 6.25x AD multiplier on Muir, but only a 4.375x AD multiplier on Regina. This is most notable on Dullahan, since most players don't attack cap him and their AD multipliers are way lower than anywhere else in the game as a result.

ALR from trans has been experimentally discovered to be roughly 2* higher than its stated value.

ALR and ADD scale multiplicatively together, assuming you have the attack to take advantage of the ALR.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited December 21, 2017

If everyone else is fine with it, obviously, there is no issue.

But why do you assume everyone else is fine with it without asking?

Honestly it doesn't matter, since I would be the the host. And again I actually think the 3% crit increase is a better build than the 130 ad, since these alts aren't crit capped. (IE we are talking about a 1.95 multiplier occurring 3% more often vrs adding ~700 to a pre modifier base att of ~17000. Assuming you don't need the def, over time the crit build can be more dps depending on your build/character.)

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited December 21, 2017
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    While I wasn't doing as much damage as I could have done

I guess you dont mind if everyone else on the boat choses to do less damage than they could have done as well.

If you want to undergear yourself, do it on your own boat.

*clap clap* Way to take one fragment of a sentence in an attempt prove a point rather than taking my post in its entirety. To answer your assumption about me not minding, you are correct. I enjoy this game purely for its combat and its players. Way back in your thread thread about us looking forward to the RISE update, I made it clear that I love a challenge. I would have more fun in an under-geared group as opposed to group that can just roll the boss in 5 minutes. I enjoy a fight in which the party struggles and has their perseverance, endurance, and skill truly tested. It makes for a much more satisfying victory when I finally see the boss fall. But apparently you do not share this ol school mentality. It seems to me like you've lost your enjoyment of the raids and see them as nothing more than a mundane chore to be quickly done so you can do the next. All in an attempt to grind out the gold/gear/drops to further your character because that's the only thing that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Am I wrong?

As for doing it on my own boat, it's not up to you to dictate to me whether I do this on my own boats or someone elses. I stated in my previous post that if someone does this on your boat, you have every right to kick them just like they have every right to join while wearing what they want.

Everyone should be trying to maximize DPS whether it is via skill or gear. Refusing to put on appropriate gear is like refusing to use smashes on the boss...yea you are going to do some damage, its just going to be insignificant. There is no reason for the party to take you when there are plenty of players who are more than happy to play properly. What is the point of kicking them out? A better question is, what is the point of NOT kicking them out when you can usually get someone who will do much more damage in the next 2 minutes and who is obviously putting in effort, vs someone who is not?

It's like people who do dumb **** like refusing to shield party members in lugh or deliberately triggering the braha switch too early to make the bombing fail. If you think you are "lol so hilarious amirite???" do it on your party where you don't affect anyone else. I've had to do 30+ minute s3 raids before because the host and his friend thought it would be hilarious to swap to level 0 training weapons right before launching, they obviously did no damage in the raid and spent most of the raid dead or laughing in chat. Sabotaging the party is blatant trolling.

I didn't notice this post of yours before so I would like to make a few points about it now.
    • Who are you to be telling everyone how they should play? "Everyone should be trying to max DPS..." Not everyone has a DPS obsessed epeen. Some players just want to hit the minimum requirement so they can experience the content without worrying about their damage. Others like myself like making this already easy game more of a challenge by forcing more tactful play on ourselves.
    • Your comparison of people not wearing the appropriate gear is very skewed. You're comparing the extremes by using examples wherein people are wearing no gear, or deliberately sabotaging raids. Your not taking into account people who are wearing a well built set of level 80 gear & actively participate in the fight.
    • "What's the point of NOT kicking someone out when you can get someone else...," There's no point in keeping someone who gears down in your party if the only thing you care about is their damage. If the person is doing something stupid like going in with no gear and only a starter weapon, then yeah, by all means kick them. However, when they're wearing something comparable to the free set that happens to be slightly weaker, but by not that much, they deserve to stay in my opinion. The only instance where they shouldn't stay is when the host only cares about DPS, which is probably how you host based of your attitude here & in other threads.
    • I find it hard to believe that you, a person that most likely kicks people for not dressing their best, stayed for 30+min in a supposed raid where you got trolled by people who took off their gear/weapons. I thought you were all about doing stuff as quickly/efficiently as possible so I figured you would have left and found another party. IF this story is true and you put up with a 30+min raid, then having a raid last an extra two or three minutes due to someone gearing down a bit shouldn't annoy you right? And just because I feel that I need to specify again for you, when I say "gear down," I'm referring to wearing something comparable. Not gonna give you a free ticket to twist my words around again.

Arishante wrote: »
    Unbelievable that people still check other players' gear in these times, when there are already restrictions put in by the game itself for s3. If you're really that ad conscious put in a restriction in your boat titles and be done with it, others do it and nobody laughs at their elitism (or do they?).

Raids are already completed too fast if one or two players are strong, they only get derailed when team play sucks.

Unbelivable that a game literally gives you free gear and you undergear yourself to make the raid take longer for everyone else because "those other guys can carry me anyway".

I fail to see how your response to @Arishante is even related to the points he/she made. Nowhere did they say that they undergear themselves nor did they mention anything about getting carried. You're just assuming things/twisting words without truly reading the post just like how you did with mine & will probably do with this one. Let me break Arishante's post down into four simple statements for you.:
    1. I can't believe that people still have the elitist gear checking mentality.
    2. There's no need for such a mentality due to naturally occurring Power/Tech Requirements on raids.
    3. If your so bent out of shape about it, manage YOUR OWN boats with restrictions.
    4. Given how powerful people can get, raids are a joke and are not majorly impacted by someone gearing down a bit.

Where in these four points made by Arishante do you see mention of him/her gearing down, or coming up with the whole carry excuse? The answer: Nowhere!

You did the same thing to my post. I stated that, "While I wasn't doing as much damage as I could have done, I was providing support to the party in the form of consistent deflections." You went behind my words and omitted the part about me making up for gearing down by deflecting the boss thus boosting the party's dps. Quit trying to assume what people are saying, take their words literally, and stop twisting our statements just so you can make a half assed point.

Lastly, don't assume some of us gear down because "Hur dur, ima get carried." I stated that I geared down one step for aesthetic reasons. Someone else stated that they geared down for crit, and another said they did it for more DEF. There are multiple valid reasons, but it's not up to you to make our reasons for us & indirectly insist that we're playing incorrectly. It's not about damage, it's about enjoying a game which is what we're all here to do.

If everyone else is fine with it, obviously, there is no issue.

But why do you assume everyone else is fine with it without asking?

I know this last part has nothing to do with me, but it did catch my eye. I just want to say how interesting I find your wording here considering myself and others called you out for the same BS in your RISE thread. Kind of hypocritical that you to falsely try and call someone out for claiming/assuming the majority when you're notorious for it (both here & in other threads). Also, just to note, nowhere in his post did he state that he assumes anything. You're just accusing him of assuming, so that's a double whammy on your part.
    BOK_CHOI