[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Enhancing past 12

ArishanteArishante
Vindictus Rep: 1,280
edited March 25, 2018 in General Discussion
Trying to enhance a skeleton weapon from 12 to 13 gives a pop up message that it can't be done till a rare component is used. What does that mean? a rank 7 scroll? More limits.

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Weapons below lv90 can't be enhanced past +12 since RISE update. Additionaly, lv90 items must be full orange to go past +12.
    Arishanteclickhere
  • ArishanteArishante
    What in the actual hell? thx for clarifying.
    Sir_Render
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    why would u want to bother with lv 80; it's got lower ADDITIONAL DMG than 90/95 and subpar stats

looks like it was a good idea to prevent +12 and above enhances because it saves ppl from doing bad decisions
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    edited December 18, 2017
    a +15 lvl 80 has less add than a +12 lvl 90 x.x
  • ArishanteArishante
    A 13 skeleton or further enhanced on an alt would be fun to play, but hey good call on them to prevent it. No fun allowed!

I never thought of Nexon as a daddy figure, thank you for the laugh.
    Arishante wrote: »
    A 13 skeleton or further enhanced on an alt would be fun to play, but hey good call on them to prevent it. No fun allowed!

you can get the same atk speed on lv90+ weapon with the added benefit of enhance stones being almost free (they cost time you spend on raids)
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

They don't want any potential of you being viable with lower tier, more easily obtainable gear. The new design requires you to get into S3 content if you want higher enhance items, meaning more time invested to get items with higher rarity. They hope that you'll be more likely to worry about a loss if something happens to it, meaning they hope you'll be more likely to spend real money to protect said gear. It also means that inherently you'll have to continue spending time in the game longer if you want to experience a weapon beyond +12, so I guess they see that as a carrot on the stick as well.

Games like this would make so much more long term if they'd focus on treating players better overall and incentivize buying cosmetics and convenience items rather than gear protection items, but that's Nexon for you, and I doubt it will ever change, which is sad.
    ReziSir_Render
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Nexon wasn't originally like this, though. Even Mabinogi used to only have special character cards for cosmetic reasons, the VIP service was just for inventory, etc. Then they came out with OP pets, skills that required hero cards, and so on which just broke the game. Vindi originally sold just cosmetics and pots/revives, then they started focusing on enchanting/enhancing and other gimmicks.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    They don't want any potential of you being viable with lower tier, more easily obtainable gear. The new design requires you to get into S3 content if you want higher enhance items, meaning more time invested to get items with higher rarity..

This would be more true is they didn't shower us with free enhancement items and gear via events.

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

If the enhance rates are the same, then you are looking at WAY too many tries to get a +12 anyway, considering that it resets after +7. The amount of stones you need is insane. I couldnt make a +10 and it was just pointless throwing money away on low level gear that I would quickly outlevel anyway.
    Question2 wrote: »
    If the enhance rates are the same, then you are looking at WAY too many tries to get a +12 anyway, considering that it resets after +7. The amount of stones you need is insane. I couldnt make a +10 and it was just pointless throwing money away on low level gear that I would quickly outlevel anyway.

In the meantime I play a different Korean MMO published by a different American game company where items never break on failure and add cumulative bonus for each failed try. Try to guess which one is more successful?
  • ArishanteArishante
    edited December 18, 2017

I already had a scrolled +12 from the time i played her, i didn't make it now from scratch. But what can i do with it now? i can't even break it for components.

I get that if you're dedicated you can gear up with seals and events, and that's fine for one main character. I'm just stumped at why you have to discard old stuff like this, even level 95 content discards level 90. New scrolls only work with level 95 gear, and composites of level 90 gear and those of 95 gear aren't interchangeable.
    I'm just stumped at why you have to discard old stuff like this, even level 95 content discards level 90. New scrolls only work with level 95 gear, and composites of level 90 gear and those of 95 gear aren't interchangeable.

Money.

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    They don't want any potential of you being viable with lower tier, more easily obtainable gear. The new design requires you to get into S3 content if you want higher enhance items, meaning more time invested to get items with higher rarity..

This would be more true is they didn't shower us with free enhancement items and gear via events.

They don't shower us with enough by any means. The end game for most players is going to be +15 or higher. More speed, more damage, and those glows and effects to entice. It's a very, very slow roll to get there for most players without throwing cash at it. It is true and has been for a long while. They used to shower us with them. Players who have been here much longer than I have talked often about how many runes they had sitting around from old events because they only play one or two characters. Events like the Chieftain event where we got runes galore don't really happen anymore. The Rubber Chicken event took 80 of each item to get runes, with which dropped from a boss being random. One area allowed for 4 of said items at a time, with 7 runs per day max. Any runs elsewhere yielded fewer than that, but with the 50/50 odds even if it worked out perfectly that meant 40 runs. Hunter isn't a long run by any means, but it's not nearly as quick as something like Nightmare at the Ruins was when it had two bosses. It's one thing to farm something, it's another to have to live in the game to take advantage of an event.

This current +12 rune and +10-15 box is the first we've had since last summer, while KR gets those boxes at least twice a year if not more. They also have a larger population, which means more people taking on the RNG so mats and items are more plentiful. We don't get enough compensation to overcome the RNG here. Even if we did, players having to risk items they've worked for days, weeks, or months to create is not a good model. It makes people quit, and their change with one maximum restoration just makes people feel like a failure is hitting a wall, with even fewer chances to reach a high enhance for every hour put in. The +13 runes are nice for at least giving people a weapon to take on all current content with, but the carrot is out there and people will want it. Even TERA doesn't destroy items on failure. BDO still has some foolishness with it, so Vindi isn't alone, but that doesn't make it a good system. BnS is grindy and then some, but at least players don't lose what they've built up because some drunk blacksmith slips with his hammer. The other annoying thing is how fickle RNG is. I have three +15s and only one of them is on a character that I really wanted it on + the weapon that I wanted to go see to 15.

Players shouldn't have to rely on chance in a game like this. We should have a system like TERA/BDO where failures increase your chance of success on the next try. I wouldn't even care if the fail stacks, etc., stop stacking once you hit +15, but effort and time should be rewarded. The most efficient way to get geared in this game is to swipe your card, sell NX items, and buy what you want from others, and that will never, ever be a good design in my eyes. Nexon is fine with the whales whaling I guess, but even that doesn't seem sustainable considering that they had to merge servers and the game is still not that populated. Leading up to S3 there were boats in all areas pretty much any hour of the day, and even more so when S3 first dropped. Rise could have been something to restore that momentum, but bad decisions with it and the continued forced use of the Nexon launcher--which still does not exist in KR--have undermined any possibility of that.

Watching items destroyed is never going to endear people to a title. We don't get enough resources to offset the issues that causes, especially with the low drop rates on 95 essences and a lower population, and even if we did they do not and have not in a long time showered us with enough runes to help players reach the carrot. Attaining the best gear comes down to RNG, to luck, and maybe even to account-based modifiers that we never get to see. That is not a good system. Real life has enough areas that lack reward for effort, it's poor judgement to throw that a players so heavily in a game.
    boddole
  • Question2Question2

In the meantime I play a different Korean MMO published by a different American game company where items never break on failure and add cumulative bonus for each failed try. Try to guess which one is more successful?

Uh...are you sure you are replying to the right person? I never said anything about how successful vindi is. I said that it doesnt make sense to try to do high level enhancements on low level gear.
  • Question2Question2

I already had a scrolled +12 from the time i played her, i didn't make it now from scratch. But what can i do with it now? i can't even break it for components.

I get that if you're dedicated you can gear up with seals and events, and that's fine for one main character. I'm just stumped at why you have to discard old stuff like this, even level 95 content discards level 90. New scrolls only work with level 95 gear, and composites of level 90 gear and those of 95 gear aren't interchangeable.

Because pre-rise, some people were trying to get +13 or highe on level 80 weapons since they were much cheaper and the AD was the same. With RISE they wanted to make level 80 gear drop often, but obviously if they kept AD the same then people would just farm s2 and mass enhance level 80 weapons without runes.

Ironically we are now in a situation where it makes no sense to make a dulla weapon because you can make a +13 level 90 weapon via the seal shop, and the odds of making a +13 or higher dulla weapon is far too low to bother unless you are a whale.

Its a RPG, theres bound to be progression. If theres no real reason to upgrade to the next tier because the second lowest tier is good enough, then you create a problem. If not for the +11 and +12 event stuff, most people wouldnt be trying to make dulla weapons when they can get a guaranteed +13 level 90 with more AD.

When Lugh was released, he had far more HP than any other s3 raid boss...I think he had nearly 9m hp compared to 5.5m for lord glas. Once the novelty wore off, most people refused to touch him because why bother when regina/lord glas was easy and their mats were more profitable? Similar problem.
    LoLoBooty
  • ArishanteArishante
    Is Vindictus your ordinary rpg with your ordinary progress though? In Diablo, PoE, Grim dawn and countless others you drop stuff. You kill stuff, they drop loot and you pick up anything that you need to directly equip. If you do have to craft an item, that said item upon crafting is in final form.

Whatever you drop whole in Vindictus is junk now, only components are worth anything. So you in essence farm materials to craft your gear. You then fuse, enhance, enchant, infuse (and synthesize). Apart from fusing, everything is a gamble or needs ridiculous amount of farming. That should mean much more customization to it...improving your custom gear as story progresses in a way. S3 content could've been the right step for this, with the shard system but nope it's the same old crap. You can't use chunks in your lugh set or weapon, you either continue with lugh or start from scratch, throwing your old gear away once again.

They don't do this because they are fair or for progress.
    edited December 18, 2017
    That should mean much more customization to it...improving your custom gear as story progresses in a way. S3 content could've been the right step for this, with the shard system but nope it's the same old crap.

Like the recent +10 ~ 13 / enhance/enchant runes you get from playing the game ? In the last 2 months we've got like 7 enhance runes,2 premium enchant, 1 special rune,2 prem enhance and one +11 lvl 95 with 100% chance,+10coup from miri event,soon we get +10~15 coupon.
    Quit b*tching about the lack of "progression" when its clearly not the time for it
  • ArishanteArishante
    That should mean much more customization to it...improving your custom gear as story progresses in a way. S3 content could've been the right step for this, with the shard system but nope it's the same old crap.

Like the recent +10 ~ 13 / enhance/enchant runes you get from playing the game ? In the last 2 months we've got like 7 enhance runes,2 premium enchant, 1 special rune,2 prem enhance and one +11 lvl 95 with 100% chance,+10coup from miri event,soon we get +10~15 coupon.
    Quit b*tching about the lack of "progression" when its clearly not the time for it

You're far off with this reply, i don't even know where you come from with it. I said earlier if you're dedicated you will progress steadily with events/seals but it flew over your head. Although you will work to get these rewards, when you have to login almost daily for an event or raid for seals it does feel like a job. It would be rewarding if you didn't have to gamble with almost everything in the game. Only for new content or patches to trash your work that is now probably bound to your character, not even account bound.

I may be bitching, idk. When level 90 gear came out, i immediately thought of SWTOR and how there you choose a custom main gear, then periodically replace its components as you level. I thought it's the same with the shards and chunks, wrong to have expectations. Not even scrolls are working like before so yeah, there's that.
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    edited December 18, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    Nexon wasn't originally like this, though. Even Mabinogi used to only have special character cards for cosmetic reasons, the VIP service was just for inventory, etc. Then they came out with OP pets, skills that required hero cards, and so on which just broke the game. Vindi originally sold just cosmetics and pots/revives, then they started focusing on enchanting/enhancing and other gimmicks.

in Mabi you had to buy levels or else your growth would be severely stunted
    potential level rate in *three weeks was Freeplayer:200 Buyer:600
    and I hear that even before that you HAD to buy rebirths to rebirth at all though i came in around G8? so i can't confirm this

in other words Mabinogi isn't the best game to use as a comparison when it comes to greedy practices even past mabinogi

though i really still miss past mabi when the difference between Fully upgraded and enchanted gear and base gear was about 30 or so damage and people had to think about what they want to do in combat