[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Warning : Mats sent via mail will now all bind

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Mats sent to another account via mail will now all bind, this includes mats like para stones and iron ore that didn't previously bind. There is no warning message when sending the mail that the items will bind, nor does the receiver get any warning that the items will bind before retrieving them from the mail.

Conveniently, there is zero mention of this in the patch notes.
clickhere

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited December 16, 2017
    We have a free shared storage for these transactions
    Still sucks regardless though. Chances are NA devs didn't even know
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited December 16, 2017
    This is for sending mats to another account. Shared storage is for the same account only.

I sent a friend some iron ores via mail, neither of us got any warning and the ores bound to his character and he couldn't transfer it to his alt.
    ReziSir_Render
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited December 16, 2017
    There is a warning that it will bind, but it's just a note in the window, not a separate pop up, so I'm sure most people assume that it's just naming the items in there, etc. The same window is displayed on both ends, and there's a pop up before mailing:

ti317br.jpg
    NO6g2nH.jpg

It's a completely unnecessary change. It is the total opposite of a QoL fix and needs to be reverted.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Yeah I get a warning too. Notice it when I was sending stuff to Miri.

You can use guild storage to send without binding.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited December 16, 2017
    It's a completely unnecessary change. It is the total opposite of a QoL fix and needs to be reverted.

It is all part of their make everything bind/force folks to spend NX plan :-) (First step was making nearly impossible rates enhancing so everyone perma binds their gear/keep on blowing up new gear. They also tried to control how you send stuff via mail. (At least you can send stuff to folks for 200 gold by just COD 1 gold.) That I guess wasn't doing enough, so they decided lets just make it so you can't move stuff around more than once. (Heck it seems everything auto binds now if you put it into your shared storage and then take it out. No longer can use that for storage, only transfer :-(

Honestly every little tweak I see doesn't faster QoL. It is just intended to make folks spend more NX. (First get everyone to LV 90 + as fast as they can. Then kick them on their arse so they buy runes to enhance new gear. Then release new characters, not getting enough folks going to that character/buying NX items since they already did that 7+ times... So lets just break their old characters. etc.)

Anyways I should just take a break so I don't keep QQing, but it is completely obvious that whoever is running the show only is thinking about short term $$ and not about long term user satisfaction. I really would like to see how the ratings have changed over the last year +. I wonder if Korea does a similar questionnaire. I know I have decided this game is not something I am willing to even mention to a friend anymore + I refuse to spend any more $ on this game.
    Sir_Render
    @ikevi I give them feedback most of the time when that pop up appears, and I make it explicitly clear until specific Rise changes are rolled back I won't recommend the game to anyone. The binding is very, very strange, though, because Rise was redesigned to make it easy mode for new players to get to end game, and included lots of changes to streamline things. I can't for the life of me figure this one out. Yeah, the shards binding after synthesis I get--it sucks, it's a poor change, but I get that they're trying to use it to monetize more things, but I can't figure out how screwing people out of being able to move mats helps anything.

The more difficult you make it for people to use their chars on multiple accounts, the less likely they are to spend. There are plenty of studies showing that nickling and dimeing hurts in the long run, and this is exactly that, making what should be simple difficult for no reason.
    Sir_Render
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited December 16, 2017
    whoever locked prototypemind and made him play vindictus 24/7 against his will ,I will find you and crush you

how can you make someone suffer like that?
    Except that I haven't been on regularly since Rise launched until now? GG though, keep following me around the forums, I'm glad that it makes you feel fulfilled and special.