[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

why are the new stones only for level 90 weapons?

Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
Vindictus Rep: 850
edited December 6, 2017 in General Discussion
The +12 and +13 ones, why only work on level 90 weapons? Why not level 95???

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    They're designed to make getting a viable weapon for higher level content easier, not to make becoming OP in everything a cakewalk. Same reason that the +13 becomes unable to be enhanced further if you use that stone. At least you can get guaranteed +11 95s from what the text says if you use those stones.

I mean, it's free, and you can get a +12 90 or +11 95 that can still be enhanced using them. That's more than fair. A lot of garbage has come from Rise, so let's not complain about the good.
    Order5Jinyie
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Level 95 is the end-game. If they let you have that then they'd have to release level 100 content, which we won't have for quite some time.
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Mhm, I was about to say, we'll probably get 'em for lvl 95 after we get lvl 100 equipment. -3-
    Now time to go upgrade my +12 lugh scythe!
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    edited December 6, 2017
    I think a +13 90 weapon is better than a +11 95 weapon. And just think about how hard it is already to get it to +11 ... took me 4 damn premium runes on my dulla weapon so the fact that we have a way to get to get a guaranteed +13 with only seals is doing us a huge favor.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited December 7, 2017
    +13 has 2000 AD, +11 has 1000 AD IIRC. That's more than 6k attack difference. OJ Dullahan weapons were already de-valued because everyone with a +13 or higher level 90 don't really benefit from trying to gamble for a +13 or higher Dullahan weapon, because you will just blow it up and get a weapon weaker than your level 90.

(Unless you are a whale of course then the cost doesnt matter to you).

I mean, whats the odds of going to ++13 from +11? Something like 1 in 8 or worse? Cant double boom anymore and dullahan weapon essences are incredibly rare. Hell you cant even go past +12 without being full OJ anymore. Dullahan weapon essences were going for like, 120m+ a few days ago? That's maybe 1b worth of items to get a +13 dullahan weapon on average.

With that amount of money you would be better off using absolute stones to get +12 level 90 weapons and then yoloing to +14.

And of course everyone with a boomed level 90 OJ weapon at +12 or lower is screwed because they have to make another one just to use the stones. They should have allowed the stones to work on boomed weapons.

Also it might have been better to do the same thing they did with making level 90 have more AD than leve 80 and below...making level 95 have more AD than level 90. Currently, unless you ae a whale, there is no reason whasoever to gamble with dullahan weapons when you can make a +13 level 90 which has far more AD.

That or just remove retarded concepts like disabling further enhancement, BDO is so much more popular for a reason.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Free +13, no bi*chin'.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    It's not free if you gotta work for it kek.

Not that I'm complaining now that gearing up alts has never been easier and a +13 90 is plenty for running all content.
  • Question2Question2
    Unless you really really want to spam Dullahan on alts, gearing up alts is still too cost prohibitive. You are still going to have to farm seals on an alt with +10 gear to get the absolute stones in the first place, and that alt wont have the enchants your main does (unless you are a whale).
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Question2 wrote: »
    +13 has 2000 AD, +11 has 1000 AD IIRC. That's more than 6k attack difference. OJ Dullahan weapons were already de-valued because everyone with a +13 or higher level 90 don't really benefit from trying to gamble for a +13 or higher Dullahan weapon, because you will just blow it up and get a weapon weaker than your level 90.

(Unless you are a whale of course then the cost doesnt matter to you).

I mean, whats the odds of going to ++13 from +11? Something like 1 in 8 or worse? Cant double boom anymore and dullahan weapon essences are incredibly rare. Hell you cant even go past +12 without being full OJ anymore. Dullahan weapon essences were going for like, 120m+ a few days ago? That's maybe 1b worth of items to get a +13 dullahan weapon on average.

With that amount of money you would be better off using absolute stones to get +12 level 90 weapons and then yoloing to +14.

And of course everyone with a boomed level 90 OJ weapon at +12 or lower is screwed because they have to make another one just to use the stones. They should have allowed the stones to work on boomed weapons.

Also it might have been better to do the same thing they did with making level 90 have more AD than leve 80 and below...making level 95 have more AD than level 90. Currently, unless you ae a whale, there is no reason whasoever to gamble with dullahan weapons when you can make a +13 level 90 which has far more AD.

That or just remove retarded concepts like disabling further enhancement, BDO is so much more popular for a reason.

Are Dullahan weapons only level 95 or can you get a level 90 one? If not, what level 90 weapon do you recommend (chainblades)?
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Are Dullahan weapons only level 95 or can you get a level 90 one? If not, what level 90 weapon do you recommend (chainblades)?

All lv90 weaps are the same.
  • Question2Question2
    Actually I just ran the maths, the odds of going from +12 to +14 is roughly 1/31.

The odds of going from +12 to +13 is 1/5, the odds of going from +13 to +14 is 1/6.25.

So you would need (on average) 5 +12s for a tradable/enhancable +13, that's 1,350 seals, not counting seals used for unstable enhancement runes. 8k+ seals worth on average for a +14.

Most people would settle for the +13 absolute stone, but even that is like, 420 seals? At 6 seals per day (assuming no extra runs), that's still 70 days of s3 raids. Unless you do top damage in royal raids, you get very few cores and very few chances for level 40 bottles with seals. You cant do special with free +10 gear either unless you forfeit the QB core bonus and get carried.

How many newbies do you think would tough it out for 70 days before being able to make a +13 weapon....not to mention the amount of seals you need to make a full +12 armor set and get full enchants on eveything...

Pretty sure my friend who usually plays FFXIV is going to rage quit once he does the maths involved on how many days worth of s3 raids he would need to do to make a +13 weapon.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    I mean on top of running the s3 raids, you can get a bunch of seals per day from just running Abyssal. I think it's pretty easy to run that with 3 other players if you're not as geared.
  • Question2Question2
    I mean on top of running the s3 raids, you can get a bunch of seals per day from just running Abyssal. I think it's pretty easy to run that with 3 other players if you're not as geared.

Unfortunately abyssal arena is the old 70-80 difficulty which requires you to be really geared if you want to do it in a decent time frame. The last time I did it, it was in a very well geared party with full level 90 OJ enchants and more than 10k combined AD and it still took more than 15 mins i think.

You usd to be able to do it on the lowest difficulty for easy seals which was great for farming seals/leveling alts but they removed that....and to top it off they removed hard mode's extra core from all battles after RISE so it gives -1 seal now...
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    As said by the others - it's mostly to allow new comers to make up the stats difference, especially with the +13 rune that changes your weapon status to "restored". The +11 and +12 stones are useful though, allowing to attempt enhancing at higher levels by just progressing (obtaining seals), rather than risking or relying on limited-availability runes (premium and special ones).
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    edited December 10, 2017
    There are other methods of getting seals, you're giving doom and gloom when it's actually really quick to farm 420 seals for a weapon if you're an active player. You'll get about 150 seals from the episode reward boxes by doing your story without even farming (each raid gives 2 seals and there are 7 episode reward boxes if my memory is right). You also don't need all 420 seals at once, since you can pretty much buy your +11 stone immediately off the reward boxes and farm the rest. Then, your remaining 9 runs per boss also give a bonus seal. Go do Ein Lacher, even bronze completions will give you two seals per boss for your first playthrough. It doesn't matter the damage you do in a Royal Raid since you're still getting one seal at minimum with chances of extra seals.

Basically, no one cares if you can't get the weapon upon logging in, because anyone that's dedicated to playing the game can grind the seals needed. My Miri already spent 180 seals for Goib stones, and I'm not even doing raids on her or seal farming.