[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

"Material Synthesis will now bind the item"

Order5Order5
Vindictus Rep: 5,900
edited December 6, 2017 in General Discussion
Just emphasizing that to all the people buying/selling shard services and what not.
Source: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/27008/miri-the-last-draker-update

Comments

• hoshihouhoshihou
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    I wonder what purpose this serves :thinking:
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited December 6, 2017
    That's referring to lvl 90/95 gear? What if I craft an item using weaponsmithing/armorsmithing. I send all my mats to my character with the appropriate expertise for the possibility of 3*. If that binds now that's stupid.

EDIT: Nevermind, looked it up. Kind of annoying but doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Seems like a change specifically to stop services, as most people doing this for themselves already have the item bound at that point.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Synthesis is upgrading shards or applying mysterious/abyssal shards; not crafting items.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Or to make people burn unbinds and bind counts to make Nexon more monies. A lot of the features of the system are clearly dedicated to that and I'm defintely not a fan of this one. Having to grind out every bit of mats necessary to max a weapon when others have excess is a setup that's in poor taste.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Yeah this one stinks. Should have moved my shards earlier I guess.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Instead of binding items to solve potential "abuse" (not really) - increase drop rate, they are continuously getting more expensive despite not bringing significant difference.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Does replacement bind too?
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Does replacement bind too?

It shouldn't; both replacement and synthesis are sub-categories of Item Composite. However, I have no additional information at this time. I was going to do thorough testing, but everyone jacked up prices on stuff because of Miri.

"What level binding will it be if not permanent?"
    "Does the kind of synthesis performed affect the bind level similar to how scroll ranks and enhancement levels do?"

Someone else will probably get these answers before me. *cough* *cough*
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    edited December 7, 2017
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE