[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hero Mode...How To Access It?

WyldstormWyldstorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,230
edited November 12, 2017 in General Discussion
Ok, im finally lvl 90 on my Vella & today i wanted to run some stuff on HERO, now im newly back from a 6 mo abscence & tbh i really dont like or agree with the fact that not all quests are HERO runable & least of all the fact that you have to be lvl 90 now, not 50 like it was before this miserable Rise update. Also i did try asking in game in General Chat & also in Vella Chat, but as usual no one answered, so after 5 or 10 minutes of waiting i got disqusted & left. In fact thats one of the things that (unfortunatly) hasnt changed in Vindi, & thats the fact that most other players arent helpful at all...

Anyhow, lol, i know the quests i tried to run have do have the HERO option but for some reason no quest i checked gave me the option of running it on HERO. Can anyone tell me why &/or what i still need to do to ba able to run them on HERO?

TI7VqfC.jpg
  1. Do You Think All Quests Should Still Be Available In HERO Mode?34 votes
    1. Hell Yes...
       91% (31 votes)
    2. Hell No...
       9% (3 votes)

Comments

• VivieVivie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    Yes and they should also bring back 6-8 players option in raid.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Vivie wrote: »
    Yes and they should also bring back 6-8 players option in raid.

If 6-8 then on hero only and only s3
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @Madcobra Why? They could just have a toggle for 4/6/8 players for the host to set for those who can't handle a full party. Fashiondictus is lame with only 3 others. Quite seriously I didn't realize how much of getting to know other players came just from waiting for boats to fill. New setup is anti-social as all get out.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Remember that QB bonus drop is given to full party only, so it would have to be set size. As I mentioned in Rise discussions, I would vote for all raids to be 6 man capped. These extra 2 people should increase the "raid" feeling and allow more people to get aboard (my parties always fill within seconds). 8 might be too much for people suffering low performance (due to worse hardware or simply Vindi being technically outdated), also as prevent some people from hosting (due to again performance and not enough upload bandwidth). That's somewhat offtopic though.

If anything, old raids 60+ level (plus Irukul, was anything before it wasn't really a raid) should have Hero mode available. Some of them do, but as far I've been told - not all. With it, it could use some adjustment, because current Hero takes a bit more time and stats, while being basically unrewarding.

On second thought - it could be an interesting idea to replay entire Ein Lacher battles on Hero, maybe even with some extra titles like: competed 20 battles on Hero difficulty.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    edited November 14, 2017
    @Madcobra Why? They could just have a toggle for 4/6/8 players for the host to set for those who can't handle a full party. Fashiondictus is lame with only 3 others. Quite seriously I didn't realize how much of getting to know other players came just from waiting for boats to fill. New setup is anti-social as all get out.
    Why? Hmm because on normal mode s3 raids going really fast in 4 ppl party already , even duo takes less then 5 min :( so adding more ppl would change s3 raids in s2 i guess . Not many ppl do hero mode in s3 raids because it takes to long for a raid so there 6-8 ppl party would be perfect . But that is only my opinion and yes you got right that 4 ppl partys are antisocial but changing them in 6-8 on normal mode wouldnt help much in this if all players would be above 3000 add damage it would take hmmm 30 seconds to kill for example Regina?
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Madcobra wrote: »
    Why? Hmm because on normal mode s3 raids going really fast in 4 ppl party already , even duo takes less then 5 min :( so adding more ppl would change s3 raids in s2 i guess . Not many ppl do hero mode in s3 raids because it takes to long for a raid so there 6-8 ppl party would be perfect . But that is only my opinion and yes you got right that 4 ppl partys are antisocial but changing them in 6-8 on normal mode wouldnt help much in this if all players would be above 3000 add damage it would take hmmm 30 seconds to kill for example Regina?

8-man Hero mode only in your case would be bad idea too since veteran players would prefer it and newbies would be left alone in normal mode.... Anyway the fall update with it's add dmg is at fault (the gap between +10/+13 and +15 is enormous).

They can just make better hp scaling 4/6/8 and so 8-players would clear it as fast as 4 or maybe slower.

• WyldstormWyldstorm
    LMAO, im glad for so many responses to this thread, but unless im missing something, no one yet has actually directly answered my original question, so ill rephrase & ask agan. :)

I was told (im asking about reg quests not raids), that HERO mode was not available on any S! quests anymore, but was available on some S2 quests & most S3 quests. Is this true & if so what are the requirements now to be able to run HERO?

Thanks again...

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Wyldstorm wrote: »
    LMAO, im glad for so many responses to this thread, but unless im missing something, no one yet has actually directly answered my original question, so ill rephrase & ask agan. :)

I was told (im asking about reg quests not raids), that HERO mode was not available on any S! quests anymore, but was available on some S2 quests & most S3 quests. Is this true & if so what are the requirements now to be able to run HERO?

Thanks again...

TI7VqfC.jpg

Hero Mode is automatically unlocked for available quests at level 90. Nothing needs to be done. Only certain battles have it - namely about half of the old level 60 season 1 and 2 raids, plus the current raids from Regina through Dullahan. Season 3 non-raids do not have it, nor does Niflheim, Royal Army, Abyssal, Special, etc.
    toshisen
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vladino wrote: »
    Madcobra wrote: »

8-man Hero mode only in your case would be bad idea too since veteran players would prefer it and newbies would be left alone in normal mode.... Anyway the fall update with it's add dmg is at fault (the gap between +10/+13 and +15 is enormous).

They can just make better hp scaling 4/6/8 and so 8-players would clear it as fast as 4 or maybe slower.
    Agree in 100 precent
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Ellease wrote: »

Thanks again...

TI7VqfC.jpg

Hero Mode is automatically unlocked for available quests at level 90. Nothing needs to be done. Only certain battles have it - namely about half of the old level 60 season 1 and 2 raids, plus the current raids from Regina through Dullahan. Season 3 non-raids do not have it, nor does Niflheim, Royal Army, Abyssal, Special, etc.

Ok, so is there a list somewhere of the HERO quests (not raids), or do i just keep clicking them till i find it? An ty for your response :)

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited November 15, 2017
    Ellease wrote: »

Thanks again...

TI7VqfC.jpg

Ok, so is there a list somewhere of the HERO quests (not raids), or do i just keep clicking them till i find it? An ty for your response :)

TI7VqfC.jpg

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/23324/rise-revolution-update -> battle -> hero mode (+S3 raids that where added later but nothing else is hero now)

EDIT:
    Betrayal
    The Evil One
    Earthborn Seal
    Frostborn Seal
    The Giant
    Ahglan the Golem
    The Dark, Dank Sewers
    A Ruler's Refuge
    Desert Princess
    Memory of the Past
    Death's Shadow
    Into the Abyss
    Desolate Malina
    Burning Temple
    God of Death
    Rocheste by Sea
    +S3 raids
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Vladino wrote: »
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/23324/rise-revolution-update -> battle -> hero mode (+S3 raids that where added later but nothing else is hero now)

EDIT:
    Betrayal
    The Evil One
    Earthborn Seal
    Frostborn Seal
    The Giant
    Ahglan the Golem
    The Dark, Dank Sewers
    A Ruler's Refuge
    Desert Princess
    Memory of the Past
    Death's Shadow
    Into the Abyss
    Desolate Malina
    Burning Temple
    God of Death
    Rocheste by Sea
    +S3 raids

Thank you so very much Vladino, finally someone answered my post with a direct answer to my question...DGmWofS.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg