[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Server Patch Notes & More

Comments

• TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited October 25, 2017
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    When your main gets nerfed and you decide to sperg out on the forums...

Lmao @ u, nerds.

I don't even play Karok.
    Lmao @ u, nerd.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited October 25, 2017

Lmao @ u, nerds.

Hey bruh, go back to spamming the forums about how this game is dead, just like you've been doing for the past two years.

Everyone already knows you got nothing substantial to contribute, no need to be salty over people whose got something to say.

Oh and btw, I happen to main Karok and Hurk, I could care less if either gets buffed or nerfed since I actually enjoy playing this game, something you clearly don't from your history of complaining and *****ing about how the game is dying and oversaturated with pay2win whales.

What genuinely gets on my nerves is when there is a spreading of misinformation, especially from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Translate and post w/e topics you want, but don't come in here telling everyone they've been playing the game wrong because their experiences don't happen to correlate with the Koreans.
    TamagoSaphreeStormCrusher
  • ArgazielArgaziel
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    What new boss will we get on ein lancher?
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    Atherion wrote: »

There aren't 2 playstyles for Cestus Karok, either you are following the rotation of Cataclysm, or you are not.

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2028/35127

Show me someone as skilled as him in NA/EU and talk. Most of the Karoks I see here (not all) are busy running around and not using their implemented blocks in their attacks to deal damage.

You should ALWAYS Gigantic Strength near the end of your Cataclysm cooldown to bigbang as it essentially gives you 6 blast charges (max out all blast charge buffs, and puts you at level 3 charge). In the time it takes to generate 6 blast charges without Gigantic Strength, the other guy would have gotten many more double blasts off, gotten the 2 bars of sp required for Gigantic Strength and still have the opportunity to BigBang before Cataclysm runs out putting you in overflow.

Like I said, if you manage to block, dodge, attack at the right point, you will have those buffs. Gigantic Strength is only used if you **** up your management or the boss moves around a lot and you can't get blue buff right before your overflow buff ends. It's not hard to get blue buff as well. You just have to block 3 times which you can do with Normal-Smash-Blast or Weave - Normal - Smash - Blast, etc. You just have to time it right so you parry 3 attacks from bosses before you blast.
    After the Bigbang, he has the opportunity to proc a stamina regen passive which is only possible while the Gigantic Strength active is still in effect.

What is JF Blast? What is Dempsey Roll?

Also, if you spend more than few months playing this game, it's easy to crit cap if you farmed properly.

And why should you trust some people 6000 miles away from you? Didn't you just say that I should watch a video on Youtube in the beginning of your post? What's the difference?
    It takes 10s to look up a Cestus revamp guide by Stroongright on youtube.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited October 26, 2017
    y7y2N.png

LynnCUBE, are you EU?
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    edited October 26, 2017
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

Show me someone as skilled as him in NA/EU and talk. Most of the Karoks I see here (not all) are busy running around and not using their implemented blocks in their attacks to deal damage.

Cestus Succubus Queen solo using overflow rotation. Flawless smash frame timing.

This is a pillar video but it's just an example of one of the best NA pillar players.

StormCrusher
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555

You just have to time it right so you parry 3 attacks from bosses before you blast.

In the time you're taking to weave 3 attacks for crit buff I've already done more damage. Cestus is about efficiency and using every ability you have on cooldown,
    doing as much damage as possible while taking as little damage as possible(with exception to Shout, Howl, Hulking Fury, and Internal Disruption which do not contribute to DPS). Also, in that KR player's video, I see the timer on Havan at 58:20 and he's only just done 1 bar of damage. If you're using that style to get Gold Medals in Ein Lacher, w/e floats your boat then. But if you're talking about max dps rotation that is NOT it lmao and it's not even close.
    StormCrusher
  • Crash_BandicootCrash_Bandicoot
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    Think this way: Karok's Big Bang does 300k damage EVERY 15~20 SECOND.

^This is a clear example of how misinformation happens. Where the hell you get this numbers "15-20 sec"? :|
    You should find the video like "cestus nemhain solo 10+ min" but I suspect, that does not exist. :D

4k+ AD and 2nd trance = 329k Big Bang Attack. 1st trance only 206k. Should I continue how its work without trance? And don't forget about skills cooldown...

There aren't 2 playstyles for Cestus Karok, either you are following the rotation of Cataclysm, or you are not.

You should ALWAYS Gigantic Strength near the end of your Cataclysm cooldown to bigbang as it essentially gives you 6 blast charges (max out all blast charge buffs, and puts you at level 3 charge). In the time it takes to generate 6 blast charges without Gigantic Strength, the other guy would have gotten many more double blasts off, gotten the 2 bars of sp required for Gigantic Strength and still have the opportunity to BigBang before Cataclysm runs out putting you in overflow.

Like I said, if you manage to block, dodge, attack at the right point, you will have those buffs. Gigantic Strength is only used if you **** up your management or the boss moves around a lot and you can't get blue buff right before your overflow buff ends. It's not hard to get blue buff as well. You just have to block 3 times which you can do with Normal-Smash-Blast or Weave - Normal - Smash - Blast, etc. You just have to time it right so you parry 3 attacks from bosses before you blast.
    After the Bigbang, he has the opportunity to proc a stamina regen passive which is only possible while the Gigantic Strength active is still in effect.

Also, if you spend more than few months playing this game, it's easy to crit cap if you farmed properly.

And why should you trust some people 6000 miles away from you? Didn't you just say that I should watch a video on Youtube in the beginning of your post? What's the difference?

Please stop. Maybe your translations are useful, but you know almost nothing about karok....
    V0lterixTamagoStormCrusher
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited October 26, 2017

Are the screenshots a revamped character growth rewards?
    iMini wrote: »
    22728922_1505940402776877_3473127374120371185_n.jpg?oh=a3452a627b30d98c0a0d2e58a8ded466&oe=5AAED7BA

• LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    edited October 27, 2017
    Keep it cool guys ;o

Seems like they released a "hotfix" char balance update

EDIT : Translation by LynnCUBE in next page +best

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Think this way: Karok's Big Bang does 300k damage EVERY 15~20 SECOND.

^This is a clear example of how misinformation happens. Where the hell you get this numbers "15-20 sec"? :|
    You should find the video like "cestus nemhain solo 10+ min" but I suspect, that does not exist. :D

4k+ AD and 2nd trance = 329k Big Bang Attack. 1st trance only 206k. Should I continue how its work without trance? And don't forget about skills cooldown...

Please stop. Maybe your translations are useful, but you know almost nothing about karok....

I did say in my previous post that i was misleading there.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    V0lterix wrote: »

You just have to time it right so you parry 3 attacks from bosses before you blast.

In the time you're taking to weave 3 attacks for crit buff I've already done more damage. Cestus is about efficiency and using every ability you have on cooldown,
    doing as much damage as possible while taking as little damage as possible(with exception to Shout, Howl, Hulking Fury, and Internal Disruption which do not contribute to DPS). Also, in that KR player's video, I see the timer on Havan at 58:20 and he's only just done 1 bar of damage. If you're using that style to get Gold Medals in Ein Lacher, w/e floats your boat then. But if you're talking about max dps rotation that is NOT it lmao and it's not even close.

You can get 3 parries within your damage cycle. Also that video is before RISE update and Ein Lacher nerf.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited October 26, 2017

Lmao @ u, nerds.

Hey bruh, go back to spamming the forums about how this game is dead, just like you've been doing for the past two years.

Everyone already knows you got nothing substantial to contribute, no need to be salty over people whose got something to say.

Oh and btw, I happen to main Karok and Hurk, I could care less if either gets buffed or nerfed since I actually enjoy playing this game, something you clearly don't from your history of complaining and *****ing about how the game is dying and oversaturated with pay2win whales.

What genuinely gets on my nerves is when there is a spreading of misinformation, especially from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Translate and post w/e topics you want, but don't come in here telling everyone they've been playing the game wrong because their experiences don't happen to correlate with the Koreans.

Did I ever say you guys are doing something wrong? No. I shared what koreans are doing or what we think about but NA players suddenly shout out that's wrong so I'm trying to justify myself and explain why KR communities think this way. (Although some people still shout out that it's wrong WITHOUT EXPLAINING WHY OR GIVING THEIR OPINIONS) And yes, 300k bigbang was a misinformation from me as I admitted in previous posts. It was from a screenshot of someone doing that much dmg after Rise update in Ancient Glas and it happened to pop in front of me while I was writing that post.
    Mainichi wrote: »
    My god, the amount of KR **** sucking in this thread.
    Reminds me of the time that guy made up a tier list then mocked us because NA people believe whatever KR people say.

For your interest, you are in a thread discussing about stuff from KR forums and communities. If you dont like what Koreans say, don't come to this thread. If you are interested in the patch notes, just read them, share your opinions and leave, not stir up "hurr durr muh koreans nerds"
    BabyDani
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Leucosie wrote: »
    Keep it cool guys ;o

Seems like they released a "hotfix" char balance update :p Here is a non exhaustive list of what I understood :

Lann :
    - The 250sp thing ( sry I know absolutely nothing about lann ) is reduced to 50sp and has a cooldown

Fiona:
    - Less stamina consumption on shield dash [holding kick] ( Thank god )
    - ivy sweep kick after amaranth does less damage but consumes less stamina
    - The new hammer skill is now 250sp ( just like shield enhancement )

Hurk:
    - Slight damage nerf

Source :

Waiting for a real patchnote translation o:)

I will translate them after I get home in the evening +best
    BabyDani
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Are the screenshots a revamped character growth rewards?

I'm guessing that, or maybe they're going to start giving incentives to keeping all your characters on one account by having account wide gifts for leveling different characters.

But I haven't...

Either way, if you're willing to write all this over a game, you should take a break from the forums for a bit.

And maybe not lash out at people for calling you out. ;)

• RealReal
    Vindictus Rep: 825
    iMini wrote: »

22780719_1505940396110211_32886207643924210_n.jpg?oh=910935a489ca8f2c9935eb6b30c59f07&oe=5A7E6325
    22814347_1505940406110210_3882485780425374439_n.jpg?oh=c43a82514c8e8994dbb2b2be3a26df8f&oe=5A78DB19
    22688611_1505940392776878_4371739481434960730_n.jpg?oh=54eebea63bfbc361b85fee8d166e5144&oe=5A67AF30
    22730066_1505940412776876_3309541724586183257_n.jpg?oh=b6fbe8e0f332d321b01f45453efb803f&oe=5AADFC9B
    What is this?
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited October 26, 2017
    Before I get to business, first things first.

A tl;dr version of every one of mister edge lord's posts c:

Okay now that's out of the way...

Edit: The dude doesn't even keep up his crit buffs 100% of the time, yea I can tell you this dude got no idea what he is doing. Either that or he is trying to make a montage of weaving with smashes, which he doesn't even time for the perfect frames for unblockables.

Literally the fundamentals to playing Karok? Seriously, by posting that video, you proved to not only myself, but everyone who plays Karok that you haven't a clue! But since you wanted videos, I'll link you one of my own. Yes, it's me actually playing the class.

Pre-rise Regina with stats in the description.

And here's a StroongRight video which you could have found within 2 seconds of using YouTube. Use of Perf Weave frames on smashes, which is significantly harder to time in the beginning of the video at 0:44.

Did you know that you just described the concept of infinite crits on Karok? Something that has been part of his kit since 2012 and possibly earlier? The literal fundamentals, which I just said was an option in my previous post assuming you do not crit cap, but still shouldn't be prioritized at the cost of your cataclysm which is the bulk of your damage.

And charging 3 blast charges to get blue without blasting, sure lemme just nuke my damage because I wanna keep up a buff that gives me 100% chance to crit on my next smash rather than relying on 50% crit like everyone else. /sarcasm

Sure, let me just eat up my **** crit buffs on a low multiplier smash further putting me in the red when it comes to doing damage, or take out my time unleashing a flurry of weak punches to regain my stamina rather than procing a 30s passive which will regenerate my stamina allowing me to continue playing aggressively and doing damage. It's almost like you don't understand the basics of how to play efficiently in this game.

This point literally contradicts the entire point of this "infighting" concept (not the first time you contradicted yourself btw) you have been defending, why keep up your crit buffs when you crit cap?

And oboi, watch the NA lynch squad assemble.

Because unlike you who has proven time and time again that you have no clue what you are talking about, Strong has contributed to the Karok community for years with his videos, especially his guides. Oh, and did I mention there's actually video evidence of him playing the class correctly?

Also learn some simple geography if you are gonna try to be a smartass with me, pretty sure there is no way a guy playing on NA can be 6000 miles away from me, unless hes one of those dudes using a vpn playing from Asia, which he clearly is not. c:

And aslong as we are linking videos, I’ll link two more of my pre rise videos so I’m not simply talking out my ass.

Unlike you, I actually have video proof of me playing a class, and not simply basing my facts on what some dude 6000 miles from me wrote.
    PrototypemindStormCrusher
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited October 26, 2017
    6U1NFOa.jpg

I dunno how to link things, but here's a translated version courtesey of a guy named Deuce (I think) on the Discord.

Looks like it's a new set of challenge dungeons, that specifically states you have to be max level to enter, so could also be hinting at another level cap increase in the future, who knows.

[All that stuff]

The amount you care about how other people play a video game character is bizzare.

But sperg away my dude.

LoLoBooty
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited October 26, 2017
    The amount you care about how other people play a video game character is bizzare.

But sperg away my dude.

Yea it's almost as if I'm doing what LynnCUBE has been doing for the past 3 pages, except without the spreading of misinformation. C:

But hey, atleast that dude tries to come up with an actual argument unlike a certain someone with the ability to contribute words but no content.
    StormCrusher
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited October 26, 2017
    Starting to get tired of this argument so stop it before I call mommy mod.This thread was made for information regarding KR server updates.If you wanna discuss how Karok works do it in his dedicated forum.
    KingRichRiceCloakshireiMiniEnigmaTaroSlothPrincessSaphreeDelterosBabyDani