[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Server Patch Notes & More

Comments

• DyuDyu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    Fiona spin2win back at it again.
    Unnecessary nerfs on Karok (seriously, that clash and terror rush though)
    Hurk buffed some more.

Just lovely
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    So sprint smash into focal point, how hard is that to pull off repeatedly like in the video? Do they have sprint on toggle or something?
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    Walpurgis wrote: »
    Fiona Spin2Win is back?

yes
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    CometCupid wrote: »
    So sprint smash into focal point, how hard is that to pull off repeatedly like in the video? Do they have sprint on toggle or something?

Can't say much for difficulty, but you likely hold the "run" key (in my case, it's bound to CTRL). It's about the same as doing Sprint Smash + Feather to slide; an old trick some veteran Fionas should remember doing to dodge attacks in season 1.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    iMini wrote: »

Can't say much for difficulty, but you likely hold the "run" key (in my case, it's bound to CTRL). It's about the same as doing Sprint Smash + Feather to slide; an old trick some veteran Fionas should remember doing to dodge attacks in season 1.

I'm trying to envision my fingers twisting up considering I'm a full-keyboard player and so used to double-tapping a directional key. Since it's a combo, I think I'm mistakenly making it more complicated than it sounds. It's probably sprint smash + smash or hold smash. I should probably rebind manual run just for this.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    *reads Karok notes*
    Why not just remove the class if you are going to take away the most fun ability from it? Holy Christ....as if doubling the cool down wouldn't have been enough...
    RealPrototypemindDyuLoLoBooty
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Better buff Hurk. He still doesn't one shot raid bosses.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Better buff Hurk. He still doesn't one shot raid bosses.

It's a server thing. EU/NA doesn't have a lot of 'god-tier' players for other classes.
    However KR has a lot of good players, and with enough skills, almost every class out dps Hurk.

The DMG tier ranking was something like this in KR:

(God Arishas) -> Cestus Karok -> xGun Kai -> Chain Vella -> Pillar Karok -> Scythe Evie -> etc.

Hurk was one of the lowest class on the list, both Teide and Greatsword, so there were a lot of complaints from Hurk players and a lot of pity from other classes. That's why they decided to buff Hurk.
    SaphreeLoLoBootyCleverName
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Wait, so they buffed Hurk based not on class balance but as a pity towards a non-existent player base? That seems counterproductive to what even a semi-decent developer team should aspire to do.

Not that I'm complaining as I enjoy the Teide immensely... just saying.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    I don't understand why people qq abouts buffs.It's like your life depends on getting #1 dmg in every raid and now the hurk buff might push you to #2
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited October 21, 2017
    Wait, so they buffed Hurk based not on class balance but as a pity towards a non-existent player base? That seems counterproductive to what even a semi-decent developer team should aspire to do.

Not that I'm complaining as I enjoy the Teide immensely... just saying.

No, the pity and complaints were because hurk did no dmg.

For example,
    At high skill

Lynn > Hurk

At medium skill,

Hurk = Lynn

At bad skill

Hurk > Lynn.

It was neccassary balance.

Talking about Lynn (best girl btw), the possible reason Glaive Lynn isn't buffed is because she has high damage potential.

There was a hot discussion in the Korean forum, where 4 people (all famous for their good skills - possibly best of each class in the server) tested DPS.

Lynn came out first defeating xGun Kai, Chain Vella and Fiona even if she had 1000~2000 lower additional damage. She was first repeatedly throughout S3 Raids. The writer of the post requested Lynn nerf.

The 'problematic' Lynn player is quite famous for analysing and writing Lynn's skillset like it's his PhD work, so probably he just knows Lynn too well.

Lynn players argued that Lynn could do that much damage because that single Lynn player out of this world, while other players (especially fifi players) said if the damage potential is OP, then it should be nerfed.

Honestly, I think it's stupid to nerf a class known for low damage due of hard difficulties, just because of one player.
    Drachus
  • sadrazamsadrazam
    Vindictus Rep: 695
    I don't understand why people qq abouts buffs.It's like your life depends on getting #1 dmg in every raid and now the hurk buff might push you to #2

It`s not about getting #1 in damage. Its about efficiency. When a class can finish a boss 5-10 minutes faster than another there is clearly an issue.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE

That's the whole point of MMORPG for a lot of players - to be better than others.

People feel good as they land high DPS number or have their name shown in 1st place, and they want to keep having that.
    It's a competition and everyone wants to win.
    Otherwise, who would spend so much money and time into a game?

Of course there are exceptions. Some people play for just the gameplay and don't care about the dps.

Having your favorite class nerfed doens't also feel good :(
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Reward in relation to skill makes a lot more sense. If he's aggressively pulling off perfect smashes 100% of the time, he definitely deserves that top spot. So I guess balancing classes around the average player performance isn't too ridiculous.
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    Lann actually looks OP now.

Unpopular opinion I know. The problem with him has always been the window of doing dps, now that he has basically no recovery time at all after gf, dis **** is gonna get toned down lol.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    What about kai doe :sad:
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Easy solution: make every character 1 hit everything
    Drachus
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    The 'problematic' Lynn player is quite famous for analysing and writing Lynn's skillset like it's his PhD work, so probably he just knows Lynn too well.

Are his analysis available anywhere? I probably wouldn't be able to read them anyway, but maybe google translate will do a miracle for this once
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Saphree wrote: »
    Easy solution: make every character 1 hit everything
    Then Kai would be OP, because he's ranged and can 1 hit KO faster than the others. Applies only to battles where boss is in attack range at start, otherwise fastest movement-speed characters would be OP due to reaching the boss first.

I know Korea tends to be top-tier game play wise in plenty of games, but Korean games in terms of development and alike always seems to be very poor and bad in general, at least for "western market". Vindictus is no exception - You can clearly see how many people disagreed with plenty of stuff developers did over the years, including the reworks and balancing. I would even say that some characters are favoured by DevCat, as if they improved their own mains over the others. Other than that, plenty people are halted from mastering due to poorly optimised game affecting their performance, plentiful of bugs and average of 3 latency bars on someone's hosting.

Not that any of these matters in the end, because our feedback never reaches them or/and is completely ignored. Decisions are being made, whether we like them or not, and we cannot do anything about it. It's neither really the place to talk about them. For all what matters is that we are informed, so thanks LynnCUBE for doing that.

Can't really tell which patches from the past I'd like to see translated, because we've been kinda deaf recently. We don't know what's been going on recently to be exact, but apparently not much, aside from Aes Sidhe, Spellbook rework + new Spellbook, new scrolls and Arkana. I do wonder following:
    • Does Aes Sidhe drop the rare for new spellbook?
    • Are castets/focuses enchantable now?
    • Do shields, spellbooks and castets/focuses share some scrolls?
    • What does Arkana drop?

If You haven't heard about new scrolls, see here: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/comment/44380/#Comment_44380
  • DyuDyu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    edited October 22, 2017
    Sorry, but I just can't believe cestus is "OP" because someone is Godly with it and most of them can't play Hurk properly.

Most of the damages that Hurk does on some bosses are done in seconds, wether Karok has to wait almost minutes to make his main dps source and reach those numbers.

Maybe they should try to open their eyes a little bit more and learn to play Sylas a tad bit more?

If Hurk isn't playing as Karok should than that's the main problem on those sweet revenge stacks and deflections and I'm not gonna take in consideration any stimulant ever.

Speaking of wich, nice changes on Lann, should've been done eons ago, but I still didn't see anything for that fugly stamina consumption that Sword has. Better keep chugging those stamina potions and keep praising cat God