[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thoughts on the server merge?

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in General Discussion
I'm neutral on it but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/25562/coming-soon-north-america-australia-server-merge
  1. Thoughts on server merge?83 votes
    1. Finally!!
       57% (47 votes)
    2. Noooooooo!!!
       7% (6 votes)
    3. Meh
       16% (13 votes)
    4. Looking forward to it with reservations.
       20% (17 votes)

Comments

• KonpakuKonpaku
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    5 bars with neighbors, about time.
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    lagfest here we come !
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    Only took 7 years :^)
  • IatoAsakuraIatoAsakura
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Cant wait to finally see whos better between east and west pvp. Who shall have take the win home :^)
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    edited October 16, 2017
    I question the lag. This further proves this game is on it's last legs when you know they need to migrate everything into one because the marketplace is dead and absolutely absurd. The new person is charge really is a headless chicken who doesn't know what made this game great.
  • DantesInfernoDantesInferno
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    Cant wait to finally see whos better between east and west pvp. Who shall have take the win home :^)

West. EZ
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Not when am here

West. EZ

• -CaPriCe--CaPriCe-
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    Another effort to keep the game alive. They should have done this by the 2nd year the game came out. There was no reason to keep NA servers divided.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 16, 2017
    Bounty wrote: »
    I question the lag. This further proves this game is on it's last legs when you know they need to migrate everything into one because the marketplace is dead and absolutely absurd. The new person is charge really is a headless chicken who doesn't know what made this game great.

I played on West when I was in GA for years. Usually ended up being a better host to west folks than many people that were basically neighbors.

And I am not going to say anything nice about director Dol... But this merge likely was NA call. (And to be honest it should have been done years ago.)
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Bounty wrote: »

Lol, none of this post makes any sense.

Centralizing servers has been a desire since the beginning, so I don't know why you think they're acting erratically.

The marketplace is dead due to lack of players, so adding players from other regions would remedy that issue somewhat, so I also don't know what you're getting at there either.

Lag has always been an issue, and plenty of western players play on east and vice versa, so I doubt we'll see much of a change.

The only headless chicken in here is you trying to find things wrong with this merge. :^)
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    I'm actually looking forward to this.

• FuzetsuFuzetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    What?
    Something exciting happening in Vindictus?
    PogChamp
  • DravekDravek
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    Would have been fun when 8 man raids was the standard
    ArcticAzrealPrototypemind
  • llWoodsllllWoodsll
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    edited October 16, 2017
    edited.

the only concern i have is the merging with the austrailian server, im not sure how the difference in lagg would be for them.
    Other than that, if it took them this long to merge all the servers, doesnt that raise concerns that less people are on each server and the cost of maintaining each server isnt worth it?
  • 1kingofheart1kingofheart
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    bring back 8 ppl raid plz
  • KradnessKradness
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    edited October 16, 2017
    As an AU player I'm kind of skeptical about this move.. i mean its great that we will all be on one server and with a higher player base there will be a higher supply for things you want. However when this move happens people from AU will have nothing compared to west/east. We have no money over here. Whilst things are cheaper in AU once we jump over it'll be harder to stabilize our money (if it is as inflated as i heard it was) and it will definitely take a while for us to settle in with those prices.

Anyhow bring on the lag and hopefully there wont be any 1 bar connection discrimination...
  • HerpadorHerpador
    Vindictus Rep: 945
    llWoodsll wrote: »
    edited.

the only concern i have is the merging with the austrailian server, im not sure how the difference in lagg would be for them.
    Other than that, if it took them this long to merge all the servers, doesnt that raise concerns that less people are on each server and the cost of maintaining each server isnt worth it?

Unification of servers is ideal no matter how you look at it. Sure, it will be harder to find players from the same region of you but in the overall the player base is no longer as divided - meaning the marketplace, boats, etc. will be more active as more of the players are able to interact with each other.

There really isn't a downside to this merge.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    We already got a bunch of vpn warriors running with 1 bars in West, and people don't really mind for the most part. And 2 people from Australia and New Zealand I know of typically have 2 bars with most of our hosts.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    life support merge

• TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Atherion wrote: »
    We already got a bunch of vpn warriors running with 1 bars in West, and people don't really mind for the most part. And 2 people from Australia and New Zealand I know of typically have 2 bars with most of our hosts.

Not to mention West already has a large population of players who live on the east coast.