[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Spears or Swords - Post Rise

clearcutclearcut
Vindictus Rep: 1,150
in General Discussion
So I decided to pick up Lann again, which is the better option for DPS now? I know pre-rise Spears was the go to but has that changed after it? I do enjoy playing both so that's not a factor for me. This is with endgame content in mind, so Dullahan/Neamhain and general season 3.
  1. Which has higher DPS potential?20 votes
    1. Spears
       70% (14 votes)
    2. Swords
       30% (6 votes)

Comments

• RandomAsianRandomAsian
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    edited October 10, 2017
    Spear Lann obviously. Sword Lann is the slow and steady type of guy. If you've got the skills, just play like a god and Spear will become #1.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Whatever weapon has more additional damage... But just play whatever version you find more fun, you wont stay happy if you are just going for top dps.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Depends on whether you want to finish it quickly (Spear) or build it up for maximum damage (Sword).
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Spear lann for the deeps, sword lann for safety (and also tearing your hairs trying to max your crit rate)
  • KonpakuKonpaku
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    edited October 10, 2017
    Check in-game lann ranking and see for yourself. For east 3 out of 4 top 100 Lanns use spears.

Imo , you gonna hate yourself using swords against bosses like neamhain if you are forced to chase her across the map. His mobility is the worst amongst all classes besides sword Vella.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited October 10, 2017
    Konpaku wrote: »
    Check in-game lann ranking and see for yourself. For east 3 out of 4 top 100 Lanns use spears.

Imo , you gonna hate yourself using swords against bosses like neamhain if you are forced to chase her across the map. His mobility is the worst amongst all classes besides sword Vella.

You can actually deal more DPS with swords on Neam since most of the attacks are quick get in/crit/glide/get away before her next attack. (And Swords have the extra crit damage multiplier which gives them more dps when you can't use MS much.)

And following neam on swords vs spears is about the same difficulty. (It isn't like you really can hurricane follow here without having to roll/dodge away.) (Not to mention you can dodge those 1 hit KO moves much easier with sword ;-)

That said the invulnerability of lightening furry is nice for spears, and seeing as I don't own +15 lv 90 or better swords, spears it is on everything for me ;-)
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Just to clarify, again, Spear has fastest DPS, sort-of insta-DPS powerhouse.

But technically Sword has highest DPS if you build it up (crit rate, atk limit, add dmg, etc), meaning it has the highest DPS potential which is what the poll asked for.

Although the poll should not have asked for that, because Spear is just plain more reliable.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Don't play Lann.
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Drusa wrote: »
    Don't play Lann.

Still more thrilling to play than vella :*
  • DeviaPuellaDeviaPuella
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    Neither. Go dual staff Hurk in a pink shiny speedo.
    Rezi
  • clearcutclearcut
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    Thanks for your input guys, looks like I'll be going for spears.