[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon acknowledges need for an NA server merge!

DaPlayaDaPlaya
Vindictus Rep: 885
edited November 8, 2016 in General Discussion
Looks like Nexon finally acknowledges the need for an NA server merge!

Post here :
Saygo said:

탱크블레이드

Wait actual new European servers or using the same ones they have always used? ㅇㅅㅇ
It won't be the same European server that they have been using.
Mainichi said:

East/ West merge when?
We do understand we need a NA server merge. Our focus first on the NA/EU merge.
Ok, that quote didn't come out the way I expected. Here's the link :
http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/660/vindictus-migration-schedule-update
Niburu

Comments

• BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    edited November 8, 2016
    Hype!
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    God I hope it's not as hamhanded as the CN server merges.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Australia included?
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    DaPlaya
    DaPlaya said:

Looks like Nexon finally acknowledges the need for an NA server merge!

Post here :
    Saygo said:

탱크블레이드

Wait actual new European servers or using the same ones they have always used? ㅇㅅㅇ
    It won't be the same European server that they have been using.
    Mainichi said:

East/ West merge when?
    We do understand we need a NA server merge. Our focus first on the NA/EU merge.
    Ok, that quote didn't come out the way I expected. Here's the link :
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/660/vindictus-migration-schedule-update
    IM READY!!!!!! So so ready
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    I just hope it doesn't send us back to the age of horrendous DC's...
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655

Excitement rising. System overload. Complete body systems shutdown.

• LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    edited November 8, 2016
    I mean, if it really is a step after the NA/EU services situation. This will raise a lot of interest if it becomes official and for the longevity of the game. May as well go all out than halfway, I'm sure Nexon clearly knows the game is dwindling and their first step so far is to improve the western market which they are currently doing. The merge should happen sometime in 2017.
  • HeartCardHeartCard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    But the real question is what does this mean for the economy?
    Don't East&West have vastly different inflation rates atm?
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    HeartCard
    HeartCard said:

But the real question is what does this mean for the economy?
    Don't East&West have vastly different inflation rates atm?
    Doesnt matter because people will adapt in time. Just like any other new season we got, overtime it finds a medium where people just accept the prices. The bigger issue is population these days imo.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited November 8, 2016
    They will doubtlessly merge west onto east. They run every damned event from east. So I can expect more lag and probably to lose all my character names and have my gold reserves spend for half what they do now. Frankly the very idea makes me monstrously unhappy. "But blah blah blah!" I can't help the way I feel alright?
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Ayyyy that's my post.
  • KuzmaKuzma
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    sabersaten
  • DantesInfernoDantesInferno
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    GhengisJohn

They will doubtlessly merge west onto east. They run every damned event from east. So I can expect more lag and probably to lose all my character names and have my gold reserves spend for half what they do now. Frankly the very idea makes me monstrously unhappy. "But blah blah blah!" I can't help the way I feel alright?
    The servers are both already hosted in Cali, so I'm not so sure about this.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited November 8, 2016
    DantesInferno

GhengisJohn

The servers are both already hosted in Cali, so I'm not so sure about this.
    I did not know that. Okay 2 out of three still.
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    edited November 9, 2016
    A step in the right direction for the longevity of this game in our Western market. And yup, all the servers are in Los Angeles, California, therefore all East players are connecting to West in the first place, but the servers are split up due to the game being peer-to-peer and early on when the game was in its prime. Have people split apart so when people host, people will automatically assume the host is west/east. Of course, some people choose the opposite server sometimes lol due to friends or just didn't know it worked like that and ended up leveling so much. It's not THAT bad either, I've played with some East hosts that I assumed had more than the recommended amount of upload speed and still got 3 bars and some jitter, that's just the naturally high ping due to distance.

The real issue about hosting is just no optimization and multiprocessing should of been a solution for the game in general tbh, why we gotta rely on other peoples CPU or whatever power that multiprocessing uses when you have a machine that can do it by itself.
  • uncledolanuncledolan
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Donald Trump Approves this
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    A step in the right direction towards longevity? Do you honestly believe that? Fixing long time problems is a step towards longevity. A server merge is just a band-aid on a full body 3rd degree burn. Practically pointless and solves nothing.

• XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    For some reason, I still feel skeptical about this. This seems too good to be true. There are many things that can go wrong or unforeseen setbacks. I just hope that I'm worried over nothing and the East/West merge follows through not too distant in the future.