[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Regina or Dully Weapon?

InnoyInnoy
Vindictus Rep: 810
edited September 7, 2017 in Delia
So I have the free +10 Regina weapon that has +38 atks, looking at other weapon I would lose a ton of atks(Dully weap on the market only has like 15 atks) which I really do not want to do. So should I just convert this one to Orange when I can and use my quality upgrade on it?

Edit:OK so the Sks goes up when you enhance, I didn't know that. Also getting Dully essence is a pain so I think I will just upgrade the Regina for now.

Comments

• HariiHarii
    Vindictus Rep: 645
    Remember that when you change the main (in this case the Regina Essence: Weapon) the current enhancement and scrolls will get lost.
    Be sure to have some Enhancement Runes, Paradise Stones, the Scrolls you'll like to put on the weapon (I suggest an Adamant and a Bloodlust, pretty cheap and give a lot of ATK SPD and BAL, at least for starting these are "not bad") and obviously the elixir.
    Innoy
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    ^
    Just the enhancement level will reset if you change the weapon essence. Quality, infusion, or enchants will remain unchanged.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I won't recommend any dullahan weapon lower than +12 , and it is certainly not affordable for a new player.
  • InnoyInnoy
    I am just going to upgrade the Regina weapon. I don't know if I should use the quality coupon on it or sell it . I might try to craft my own and see if I get lucky with a 3 star craft.
  • RainbootsRainboots
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    I would go with the dullahan weapon unless you have a high enhanced 90.

a +11 dully weapon has more attack than a +15 90 which will help a ton with reaching atk cap for dullahan and future raids
  • InnoyInnoy
    Is a purple Dully better than an Orange Regina though?
  • KingRichRiceKingRichRice
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    If the Dullahan weapon you're talking about is fully purple, the difference between that and a maxed shard 90 weapon is around -9 balance, +8 crit, and 2-3k att.
  • InnoyInnoy
    edited September 10, 2017
    Interesting I am assuming that is a similar situation with gear. So it seems like a better idea to just buy purp dully gear instead of trying to OJ stuff. Though on the other hand, losing the +10 on Reginias is gonna be brutal on my speed and I have no idea how hard it is to manually +10 something.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited September 11, 2017
    If you want long term investment... Dullahan.Also i dont *think* we can upgrade the free purple level 90 weapon,not sure thoe.

Only thing you will trade off if you get purple Dullahan is defense and speed,not that much thoe and you can make it up by mastering your class.
    CHeap BUild Up

Well-Balanced/Enthusiastic ,helm,pants,gloves,boots

Well-Balanced/Master

Sparkling ES rings

Significant ES on Earing,necklace and brooch

70 Silver medals or Gold medals if possible

All these scrolls,you can get them via Season 2 farm or buy them at decent prices.You can also get ton of magic powder and blessed powder to craft enchanting elixirs.There is a lot of locations where they drop.

xPgQNDM.jpg

Actuly i have Echoing on my gloves and Fast on the earing,so if you replace those respectively by significant and enthusiastic,it will give you a total of 39 attack speed.Than again,i am currently using an AP shop necklace,but once you can get a Kitty Necklace,you can add an extra significant and get 40 attack speed and that's with a +6 weapon

That's a rather cheap alternative of build and it gives you the necessary stats minus the additional damage of course,but at least you can test out your character for a good while and with decent balance/critcal rate/speed and than if you end up wanting to invest in another character you still can sell the weapon at least and move on.

If you decide that you want to keep the character as a main,well you can wait for an opportunity to get an orange essence in the future and swap it.You would only loose 6 ranks of enhancement and yes,going to+10 could be an un-interesting experiance if you cannot afford runes.

**Note

Purple Dullahan,wether it's weapon or gear can only be enchanted with scrolls up to rank 8,but hey are also cheap and very efficient for a mid grade build up.

It would be easy to get an all orange level 90 especially with the low prices and the seal shop,but you would fall short in critical rate and would need some costly rank 7 scrolls to make up for it.

40 attack speed is repectable i think and you can see in the future how you want to proceed further,perhaps go get more additional damage,ect.GL.

Innoy
  • InnoyInnoy
    edited September 11, 2017
    OK that makes sense, thanks for the break down. So +6ish is where I want to land on these as past that it becomes a gamble I assume(without runes). I do want to avoid that for now as Miri and Lynn are around the corner so I want to conserve as much as my Gold as possible in case I favor them.

For now I have a passion Kitty Necklace, two fast healthy crescent rings, and some random enchants that give balance on my brooch and earrings. My whole set up was massively reducing my balance and inflating attk speed, guess I need to meet in the middle for future content though.