[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lovely new trend

Comments

• KaguraHimikoKaguraHimiko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,275
    You know there is a restriction you can put now if you don't want gifted 90 geared people to join right?
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Everyone gets graces thrown at them so most people just revive themselves like no tomorrow when they die. People don't care for feathers anymore, which is sad, because I like reviving.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited August 13, 2017
    Kourin wrote: »
    Everyone gets graces thrown at them so most people just revive themselves like no tomorrow when they die. People don't care for feathers anymore, which is sad, because I like reviving.

It's also a lot different than it used to be. There are only four people in group instead of 8, which means the boss isn't going to have to move much to attack anyone who's still up, often leaving the boss right on top of whoever went down. Everything about the game makes is less social than before, and this is just yet another item. People should get others up if they can, but it's more tedious than ever.

Even worse on bosses like Braha where it's only two per side now and all the aggro is on one person if the other dies, or on Abomination when trying to do the shield phases when everyone's going up and people end up getting knocked out. Rise changes suck.
    iEatEverything
  • BreastGrillBreastGrill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    edited August 13, 2017
    I may end up sounding condescending for this, but you can't feel entitled to being rev'd. Other players are not obligated to revive you either. If you go into a raid and die, that is on you and no one else. Whether or not someone decides to revive you is an action of goodwill.

That being said, I revive people who seem to know what they are doing in a raid who might've died to something stupid. If you feel entitled to someone else's resources until you "learn" a boss, I recommend going into practice mode and learning bosses to the point you can competently DPS and survive the fight in a party.

As for the TC, I send my condolences to you. It may be better to save the res for when it's safe
    to do so. Its not always good to rush for the revival, depending on whether or not you can take a hit or two without dying in the process.
    SlothPrincess
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I don't really have anything against people who don't rev others, but I don't see why you wouldn't.
    It takes maybe 5 seconds - you get seals of dedication for magic powders / elixirs to make back feather costs, and the raid will go faster.
    Your 5 seconds of reviving someone can cut minutes off doing the raid.

It's understandable not to revive if the individual you're reviving is dying repeatedly, but if they die once due to ohko mechanics, or just derping, just give them a chance.
    Ex: I'll sometimes die as I choose to use regular HP pots to cut down on costs. Additionally, due to having access to soul drain, I sometimes won't use HP pots as it'd be a waste if I'm going to heal up by attacking the boss. Obviously, I will sometimes make mistakes, get hit, and die before I'm able to heal with soul drain.

Additionally, I'd have to disagree with the difficulty of reviving people due to only having 4 people in a raid. I haven't found revving people to be a problem in any raid (excluding Neimhain and Dullahan since I haven't touched yet). All the raid bosses tbh have very slow and predictable skills, and if you're telling people to do practice mode, you should easily be able to find gaps to revive players.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    I actually like reviving (not only for seals) even though i play a Hammer Fiona.
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    and if you're telling people to do practice mode, you should easily be able to find gaps to revive players

It's sad how back then when there was no practice mode people revived each other without problem and now a lot of people complain about the other's skills. Now you go into a practice dungeon, spend several hours in there every day and the magic happens, you gain your so-called skills that some people are so proud of in this game. I think it simply depends on how you want to play, the competitive way, the show-off way or you just want to play normally. Normal players won't go into practice dungeons or they don't really care when they are called noobs or their death count is pointed out because they haven't practiced enough, maybe only those do who want to show-off but they are still not on that level. Luckily i haven't met so many of those competitive and show-off kind of people.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    Additionally, I'd have to disagree with the difficulty of reviving people due to only having 4 people in a raid. I haven't found revving people to be a problem in any raid (excluding Neimhain and Dullahan since I haven't touched yet). All the raid bosses tbh have very slow and predictable skills, and if you're telling people to do practice mode, you should easily be able to find gaps to revive players.
    When Eoch is sitting there rolling on top of the entire group, when the runner is down in Lako, when it's two to a side in Braha, when Lugh is on a spam fest it certainly becomes more difficult to revive. It's not that it won't ever happen, but in 8 man 90% of the time someone could get the person up right away. Again, it's not impossible, but it's yet another change that discourages team play.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    When Eoch is sitting there rolling on top of the entire group, when the runner is down in Lako, when it's two to a side in Braha, when Lugh is on a spam fest it certainly becomes more difficult to revive. It's not that it won't ever happen, but in 8 man 90% of the time someone could get the person up right away. Again, it's not impossible, but it's yet another change that discourages team play.
    Unless the boss is on top of the player, which I find usually not to be the case, it's usually fairly simple.
    Eochaid and Lugh, I've never really had a problem with reviving.
    The last hero lako I did, there was no runner (if there is a runner, you can just have someone substitute as runner).
    Brahas attacks are probably the slowest out of all the S3 bosses.

Nonetheless, it is technically true that reviving is more difficult with fewer players. However, even from the times I've been dead, and a safe distance away (but not super far) from the boss, I still see players not bothering to revive.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited August 15, 2017
    I try to res whenever I can. If I suddenly stopped ressing, it's because I've used up all of my feathers for that run. When that happens, I'll stand close to your body and press F3 then run away, or maybe do an F9 emote over your body before running off but yeah ...

As for pugs not stopping to res each other, that part, I am not surprised. It's happened for years and it's one of the main reasons why I put so much emphasis on myself to not die. It's because I no longer trust pugs to come and res me even if I had came to res them. If you do res me on one of the rare chance that I die, I'll thank you gratefully. You can also play with friends if you don't want to deal with pugs not ressing.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Another lovely trend I've been seeing:
    People using GG's when they see me running towards them or using feather
    like ????
    Zaeadras
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I am kinda speechless, was doing a bug boy, not sure if bad teamwork or this is what raids are becoming. Being an active and pro team player, i was grappling and swinging but i noticed that I was the only one doing it and it was going two bars connection so i fell a few times. But once i cleared the mucus it was either he going back up and hook on legs so i was scrambling back up, each phase i was swinging and team was DPS but the DPS was so strong enough that i had no time doing it myself.
    At the final phase i was able to swing once to break a light but died since he spat at me . So one swing away to knock mucus away... no one was doing it. Funny thing is that if it hits two bars it auto cleanse the mucus and i did less than one percent damage

Same with Dullanhan, no one tries or calls to aggro the ghost ,it is pure I MUST DPS THE HARDEST. This leaves the person who aggro the ghost always the lowest dmg percentage and rewards them the lowest drops. Kinda like the guys who are not bombing at all and attacking and when the transition phase in Dullanhan where the circle of ghost comes, we have one person who can absorb shock the red hits and making him spam the AOE attack which kinda kills the other team mate who can move as fast and defend.

Is being a nice guy the wrong way and thinking being number one the way to win ?
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    I am kinda speechless, was doing a bug boy, not sure if bad teamwork or this is what raids are becoming. Being an active and pro team player, i was grappling and swinging but i noticed that I was the only one doing it and it was going two bars connection so i fell a few times. But once i cleared the mucus it was either he going back up and hook on legs so i was scrambling back up, each phase i was swinging and team was DPS but the DPS was so strong enough that i had no time doing it myself.
    At the final phase i was able to swing once to break a light but died since he spat at me . So one swing away to knock mucus away... no one was doing it. Funny thing is that if it hits two bars it auto cleanse the mucus and i did less than one percent damage

Same with Dullanhan, no one tries or calls to aggro the ghost ,it is pure I MUST DPS THE HARDEST. This leaves the person who aggro the ghost always the lowest dmg percentage and rewards them the lowest drops. Kinda like the guys who are not bombing at all and attacking and when the transition phase in Dullanhan where the circle of ghost comes, we have one person who can absorb shock the red hits and making him spam the AOE attack which kinda kills the other team mate who can move as fast and defend.

Is being a nice guy the wrong way and thinking being number one the way to win ?

I can relate to that Abomination thing. It's usually the pro players fault.

Usually very good geared players don't hook, because they're too good for that. Let the others do the work for ya, while you DPS and get that sweet extra core and cuz you're just so damn, F ing good.

In reality, its true that a good party can lower down one bar pretty fast, and break the barrier.

BUT

I believe that same good party, would do a much better time if 2 of them took the time to go up there and ring the bells ASAP, it can be done real fast now.

BUT NOOOOOOOOO

"I'm just too good to ring bells, let me do my sweet DPS and F off".
    SlothPrincess
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki

tbh iI try to do abomination swing thing but I'm a baddie that still hasn't learned the raid and after dying like twice to falling I just stop
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115

Feel my pain.

hehehe.gif

This is why I don't pug anymore.