[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Spear Lann Bug post rise ?

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
in Lann
Starting playing my Spear Lann again post-rise, and I noticed when I CRIT with him, I'm not getting that On-screen square Symbol indicating a CRIT has been achieved. Does this have something to do with some of the new UI settings post-rise? Do I have to configure the UI settings different, or is this a bug / feature? Played around a little couldnt' get this CRIT SYMBOL to start showing on screen no matter what I changed...

Comments

• SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    1PY0PkN.png
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    in case that doesn't work, there's always listening out for the sound of a crit. It's what I've learned to do rather than relying on a prompt since for a while, I'd have to turn my UI off to get a decent fram rate.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Thanks for this, I'm a filthy casual Lann but will change that setting and see if it works. Listening = too advanced for me haha
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    That setting didn't work, but I'm not really playing my Lann much atm but if anyone else has this problem and finds a fix, feel free to share :)
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    So did anyone else figure out the fix to this? I've also checked some recent videos online of Lann solos and it seems the crit symbol is gone as well on all recent vids.

Can anyone that uses a Controller confirm they still GET the popup crit post-rise? If not, I'll assume it's a bug ...
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    It is already a well known bug associated with the controller (hurk/karok both have issues too.) You can try first using the normal keyboard layout and then mapping all the alternative buttons to the controller. (I don't know how well this will work for the direction view, etc). I believe you were already told the workaround in your other thread. I personally always use the mouse keyboard/ so I don't know about it first hand.

I don't think Kenpo found a full solution. It stinks for those that use a controller, but no word besides we are looking into it has come of it. Nexon likely wont fix this for another 6 years, since this is a bug that only affects a subset (controller players ) of a subset (lann players) of players, and you still have a flash key + sound key to clue you into the fact a crit landed. And of course when they do fix this will break something even worse.

Only thread with official word:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4349/controller-update-major-bug

Note you could have easily have found this info just with a little google search ;-) GL on figure out something that works for you.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Ok, well none of the workarounds have worked for me. Haven't had issues with any other players on controller (except Kai aim sensititvity being too slow). Looking for red flashes is not my idea of fun, so I guess LANN on back burner for a while until this bug is fixed.