[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Been away for a while, anything i should know?

bubafatboybubafatboy
Vindictus Rep: 100
in General Discussion
Came back from a pretty hefty break, and ive noticed a lot the items monsters drop dont drop anymore. Same with equipment, ive been fighting titan over and over and hes yet to drop a piece of anything. Any info would be appreciated, looking for ivory apex for arisha btw

Comments

• Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I belive you can get ivory apex set through progressing through story quests, and they'll gift you the pieces of the set one by one. If you've gone through those stories pre-rise, the only way you can get one, is by buying from another arisha that doesn't need it anymore and sells it on MP. Titan will no longer drop those pieces of armor.

They've standardized monster drops by level range.
    Before, to craft for example a lvl 50 armor, there were many kinds of materials you had to obtain, from various bosses, like the 4 or 5 hilder forest bosses, for example, and some of them were pretty rare materials.
    To solve this problem, they created new materials, pigments, additives, etc, with different colors and level ranges (apprentice, journeyman,etc) that drop on ANY dungeon of that level range, supposedly making it easier to craft any kind of weapon/armor.
    LynnyLynLyn
  • bubafatboybubafatboy
    Dang, good to know, thanks a bunch
  • bubafatboybubafatboy
    So crafting armor, is the only way to obtain armor? Besides story given ones
    Actually no. Many armors still drop, but the example you gave (the Ivory Apex Set) is an example of a story-reward-only equipment.
    In actuallity, many old craftable armors like all the level 80 armors are no longer craftable nor via NPC nor the talent system. You can drop Heremon and Armageddon armors on the old raids and dungeons, and not sure about it but I think that the pirate sets are given by story? I haven't really leveled a new character past 60 after Rise, so I'm not sure on some aspects.

Most level 60-70 dungeons drop equipment gear that you can use, not sure wich types because again, I haven't played that content that much yet.

Crafting armor shouldn't be necessary unless you need it for quest title or for armor fusion, because good armors are given to you for free either by quests or drops, or are very accessible at the marketplace.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Ivory Apex pieces likely drop in random Fomorian battles, if it's similar to other characters. For instance, Evies will get Broken Feather pieces sometimes from the Fomorian Base bosses.
  • RavenWestRavenWest
    Vindictus Rep: 795
    Ellease wrote: »
    Ivory Apex pieces likely drop in random Fomorian battles, if it's similar to other characters. For instance, Evies will get Broken Feather pieces sometimes from the Fomorian Base bosses.

That's good to know! Hopefully I'll be able to get pieces of Vella's Lightwind set!
    edited August 20, 2017
    Ellease wrote: »

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks for clarifying.