[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dullahan shields

Comments

• The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    All this talk about balancing yet poor sword Lann is sitting next to the Begger in Rocheste, using his once exclusive Passionate Deburuke helm to collect pocket change.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    KenshinX wrote: »
    Trading 3 crit for a ton of Defense, Attack, Crit res, etc. Is a fair trade. Keep in mind you guys had an extra infuse slot for years, not really fair is it? I do not think Shield needs any buffs. Focus could use some new scrolls however.

Nope, I don't think its fair trade, just take all those crap stats i'd prefer only crit stat on a focus and it's good for me. Btw, for balancing, isn't it more fair if the new books only give def/attack/ cres like focus/shield? Because derpcat is lazy af and has no sense of balancing.
    if arisha being punished for babymode gameplay, what about kai and vella lol?
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    MochiSweet wrote: »
    I was just messing around about that part. Besides, Kai gun dodge is trash so don't know what you're on about. Vella is easy mode though.

Also pretty sure Fionas like the +2 crit infuse with their +3 speed scroll more than the +5 crit. Can't say the same for Focus though.

• AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    edited August 20, 2017
    KenshinX wrote: »
    I was just messing around about that part. Besides, Kai gun dodge is trash so don't know what you're on about. Vella is easy mode though.

Also pretty sure Fionas like the +2 crit infuse with their +3 speed scroll more than the +5 crit. Can't say the same for Focus though.

Getting +2 crit on your shield requires intermediate element stones if it's lvl 90 or higher. It's also quite rare, so it's pretty damn expensive.

I'm not arguing that it's not a slight advantage, but you seem to be acting like it's easily achievable.
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited August 20, 2017
    Cool, making everyone have free 5 crit while arisha has only crap def/att/resist. Even a shield can be enhanced/enchanted.
    Good way to nerf arisha ey?

Even with the books Arisha still deals great damage because her attack speed makes up for it. I've seen plenty of Arisha out DPS with no issues. It's all about how the player builds her and how they use her. That's probably why Focus hasn't had any scrolls or enhancing yet. Based on the player base dungeon data of Arisha is how they are basing this.

It is not about how strong or how weak Arisha is. Any character can do very well without the book. I've seen pretty good Lanns out there do just fine with what the game currently offers, and don't really use tons of infuses.

The point is, they're apparently trying to balance out all the characters with Evie and Sylas (for the lack of 3 crit) but they completely leave out 2 characters and allow them to be CRITICALLY NERFED (pun intended) by a factor of 3%.
    No, the defense and critical resistance (don't mention M.Att of focus - The m.att of focus is to compensate for the lack of a Magic Mastery or Phantom Mastery as Sylas and Evie do have) of a shield and focus DOES NOT make up for 3% critical rate.

And about the slot for infusion been had for years on Arisha and Fiona:
    Lanns and such complain so much that it is so hard to gear up because Critical infuses are hard to get. Imagine if you had another SUPER RARE infuse to get on your offhand like it is to get on Focus or Shield. Instead, they're getting a relatively easy to obtain +5 critical rate.
    It becomes more expensive to obtain a +2 critical Runic focus or +2 critical shield lvl 90/80 than a +5 critical lvl 95 book.
    Talk about Deepening the gap of balance.

-I didn't ask for an extra infuse slot. I started playing with Arisha, it was a GIVEN to me.
    -It's Nexon's fault for not balancing this lack for other characters from the start.
    -Bad balancing is not good balancing (well duh).

No wonder Fionas and Arishas are becoming a dying breed.
    MochiSweet
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited August 20, 2017
    Cool, making everyone have free 5 crit while arisha has only crap def/att/resist. Even a shield can be enhanced/enchanted.
    Good way to nerf arisha ey?

Even with the books Arisha still deals great damage because her attack speed makes up for it. I've seen plenty of Arisha out DPS with no issues. It's all about how the player builds her and how they use her. That's probably why Focus hasn't had any scrolls or enhancing yet. Based on the player base dungeon data of Arisha is how they are basing this.

It is not about how strong or how weak Arisha is. Any character can do very well without the book. I've seen pretty good Lanns out there do just fine with what the game currently offers, and don't really use tons of infuses.

The point is, they're apparently trying to balance out all the characters with Evie and Sylas (for the lack of 3 crit) but they completely leave out 2 characters and allow them to be CRITICALLY NERFED (pun intended) by a factor of 3%.
    No, the defense and critical resistance (don't mention M.Att of focus - The m.att of focus is to compensate for the lack of a Magic Mastery or Phantom Mastery as Sylas and Evie do have) of a shield and focus DOES NOT make up for 3% critical rate.

Lanns and such complain so much that it is so hard to gear up because Critical infuses are hard to get. Imagine if you had another SUPER RARE infuse to get on your offhand like it is to get on Focus or Shield. Instead, they're getting a relatively easy to obtain +5 critical rate.
    It becomes more expensive to obtain a +2 critical Runic focus or +2 critical shield lvl 90/80 than a +5 critical lvl 95 book.

-I didn't ask for an extra infuse slot. I started playing with Arisha, it was a GIVEN to me.
    -It's Nexon's fault for not balancing this lack for other characters from the start.

No wonder Fionas and Arishas are becoming a dying breed.

A part of an update that came about randomly without passing the test server isn't perfect? How ridiculous of Nexon!
    And you're funny if you think Arisha is a dying class.

Chances are they didn't even consider the idea of what giving spell books does for players but just strove to get everyone a secondary. Heck you can tell it was just done quickly given they kept it as "spell books" (Even though they renamed them).
    And if anything they aren't "deepening the gap of balance" if they just gave almost all characters access to extra stats. It 100% is not perfect, but honestly when is anything for Nexon.
    If they don't touch it after a 3 months, then honestly RIP but like it will make a big difference. Fiona and Arisha aren't going to become obsolete because of 3-5 critical. It by no means is fair but Nexon is the master of "unfair-ness."

Don't like getting spicy but I also like to bite :<
    Dokkun
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited August 21, 2017
    It is not about how strong or how weak Arisha is. Any character can do very well without the book. I've seen pretty good Arishas out there do just fine with what the game currently offers without being crit-capped.
    Enchants allow stats to be fairly fluid. For example, if you have more defense/crit res than you need, you can slap on two Enthus where you might otherwise have Expeditionary. With that extra bal, you're able to use another Fast instead of Sig. With that extra aspd, you can switch from Righteous to Immoral. The result is 4 crit at the expense of 1300 def, 13 crit res, and 231 att. (Keep in mind an orange lv 90 small shield gives 11-14 crit res, at least 1635 def, and at least 144 str.) If you use Chaotic instead of Immoral, that's 5 crit at the expense of 1300 def, 12 crit res, and 111 att. And this is comparing a crit-infused book with a non-infused shield. So Fiona still comes out way ahead, even ignoring lv 95 shields. For reference, Righteous, Immoral, and Chaotic are all ~15m on West.

Runic focus obviously doesn't have as substantial stats as lv 90/95 small shields, but it's a lv 80 focus (which can be crit- or bal-infused with regular element stones). Arisha is not being left out by not having access to the new spellbooks. She's been left out because the devs haven't given her a lv 90/95 focus.
    Lanns and such complain so much that it is so hard to gear up because Critical infuses are hard to get. Imagine if you had another SUPER RARE infuse to get on your offhand like it is to get on Focus or Shield.
    Oh noooo, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have an extra slot for infusion!!
    Just kidding, sign me up. Those complaints are centered around the fact that Lanns rely on crit more than other classes. Lanns wouldn't otherwise be complaining about the difficulty of getting crit infusions more than any other class.
    Instead, they're getting a relatively easy to obtain +5 critical rate.
    Again, runic focus only requires normal element stones, whereas the 95 book will require intermediate stones. Sure, the 95 book has crit as a base stat, so it should be easier to roll a crit infusion, but who's to say a lv 95 focus wouldn't have +1 crit as a base stat? The 95 book itself will have a higher cost since it will require orange mats to craft, and those mats will be expensive since multiple classes will need them, unlike with class-specific mats like shield essences.

Lv 90/95 shields don't have crit as a base stat, but it's a little difficult to sympathize since, again, Fionas come out ahead even without any infusion.
    Not asking for it has nothing to do with benefiting from it.
    Whose fault it is has nothing to do with benefiting from it.
    Agreed. And I don't disagree that this change is somewhat unfair for Arisha, but your arguments are flawed.
    KenshinX
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited August 21, 2017
    Looks like the Arisha/Fiona QQ folks are going to get their buff now ;-)

http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=314

Also Succubus fangs are going to be nerfed... Which honestly only matters for Neam.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    ikevi wrote: »
    Looks like the Arisha/Fiona QQ folks are going to get their buff now ;-)

http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=314

Also Succubus fangs are going to be nerfed... Which honestly only matters for Neam.

As expected, they are now polishing the update, given it came about randomly.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    @_kale

Fun fact: intermediate element stones only cost 20% more than blue ones on US EAST. The cost of getting +2 crit fuse on focus is in the hundreds of millions.

Personally, I used 657 blue stones on my focus before I gave up trying to get crit/bal/def/speed. (657th gave me +matt....)
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    So i see focus can be enchanted, but doubt that they will care to add some specific es for it or share with shield. Hope their would be maybe a r6 for focus with some crit on it for balancing.
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Hally wrote: »
    Fun fact: intermediate element stones only cost 20% more than blue ones on US EAST. The cost of getting +2 crit fuse on focus is in the hundreds of millions.
    Yeah, I'm aware, and it's the same on West. That's pretty irrelevant. If you hadn't infused your runic focus prior to Rise, chances are you're not thinking about doing it now, especially when (1) you're better off spending your gold enhancing/enchanting/infusing/maxing some new Dulla gear and (2) Arisha's due for a new focus.

Maybe you're suggesting that the prices of blue and intermediate stones will still be comparable when the 95 book arrives. I think it's likely that blue stones will be easier to craft/obtain or intermediate stones will be more difficult to craft/obtain by that time. And again, Arisha might get a new focus with crit as a base stat. In either case it's too early to tell. My point was that it's not logical to compare a lv 80 focus with a lv 95 book.

Ultimately, Arisha, Fiona, Evie, and Sylas have had an advantage over the other classes for a long time now in terms of min-maxing, so it's seems a bit cheeky for people to say that Arisha's getting nerfed. If they actually cared about class balance, they'd also be complaining about Lann (and other classes) having one fewer infusion slot than those with auxiliary weapons. Hard to take someone seriously when there's such obvious bias.
    Personally, I used 657 blue stones on my focus before I gave up trying to get crit/bal/def/speed. (657th gave me +matt....)
    This tells me you recognize the value of having the opportunity to roll a good infusion. Why should that extra opportunity only be available to four classes? @Mochi/Weiss Go ask Nexon for a new focus, don't whinge about other classes getting an incredibly overdue balance fix.
  • HallyHally
    I did those infuse attempts from before lord glas was released, because I wanted to cap crit/bal with 90 armor. (It was possible in theory if you find both 21 lightweight and 31 keen, but zero of those were even found before baldy came out.) Any of: blue kitty brooch, Eochaid earrings, Ein lacher, material synthesis, armor compatible with deadly/enthus, neam all made it no longer necessary.

I was pretty annoyed that I could not use a fomorian book back then. Most classes could cap att/bal/crit with a highly enhanced lvl 60 - 80 weapon. Arisha did not have that option, with lvl 60 - 80 spellswords having too low crit to salvage even with chance scroll. (Raiders was the only one with enough crit, but it couldn't attack cap.)

As far as min-maxing concerned, arisha was pretty shafted until lord glas came out; mostly to do with lvl 80 and lower int gear being severely subpar comapred to str gear to compensate for evie's magic mastery and mana shield (which arisha did not have). The focus was not enough to make up for how subpar rest of the gear was.

Today, she has it easy due to standardized stats of lvl 90/95 gear (with 80 gear rendered irrelevant by rise). The focus became a chunk of free bonus stats. If given the choice, I'd still pick a fomorian book over the focus today.

PS: crit res is useless. I ate 3 crits in a row at neam despite capping crit res.
    MochiSweet
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    PS: crit res is useless. I ate 3 crits in a row at neam despite capping crit res.

You're wrong. Just because chances are low with capped res that doesn't mean three crits in a row can't happen. Bosses will still have at minimum 3% chance to critically hit you despite your capped res.
  • HallyHally

You're wrong. Just because chances are low with capped res that doesn't mean three crits in a row can't happen. Bosses will still have at minimum 3% chance to critically hit you despite your capped res.

=.= is it that hard to understand jokes nowdays
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    does this new offhand require small shield or giant shield essence?
  • MadeInKoreaMadeInKorea
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    does this new offhand require small shield or giant shield essence?

Dismantling either large or small shield ess will yield the mat you need for the offhand.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    One thing I wanna point out that I didn't really see here but then again either everyone on the forums forgot our someone else didn't mention this but.....DevCAT mentioned allowing Arisha's Castlet being Enchant-able in the future some time back. If I didn't know any better I'd say that's coming with her 2nd weapon. But again that was simply a Devnote.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    One thing I wanna point out that I didn't really see here but then again either everyone on the forums forgot our someone else didn't mention this but.....DevCAT mentioned allowing Arisha's Castlet being Enchant-able in the future some time back. If I didn't know any better I'd say that's coming with her 2nd weapon. But again that was simply a Devnote.
    One of the new scrolls seems to be for Shields and Castlets (Focus). If it's still not a thing, then perhaps she'll have a season 3 item for that.
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited September 27, 2017