[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is it me or did the Drop rate get even more worse

ZeroheartZeroheart
Vindictus Rep: 7,740
in General Discussion
Before anyone accuse me of not playing enough or entitlement, I am talking about es scroll in s2. I usually run them solo and 5 times but the es are not dropping like candy anymore(well the good ones, screw you diamond and tricky). Also not wanna complain about OJ (god damn 50 runs and not a single OJ for myself) but i haven't receive any rank B waking stones while having over hundred of rank C.

also 15 runs of Dullulhan , and only 4 purple equipment and bunch of sword bits, really wtf.
Saphree

Comments

• VivieVivie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    About 20 runs here with friends, not a single...
  • TreebeardTreebeard
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    edited August 1, 2017
    I've had similar luck (or lack thereof) with scrolls from S2 and OJ's from the new areas. Honestly though, I don't mind it. It's nice to know you can get a large drop randomly from farming that can upgrade your stats quite a bit in return from it. It's also nice to see scrolls going back up (Passions got down to 1.5m, now they're upwards of 5-8M).

Before the Dullahan update, you pretty much made money off scraps or r7s if you got lucky. Mat gathering if you didn't use them, random OJ pieces that were like 1-2M, weapon essences that were like 3M, etc. Now you can actually look forward to getting a large scale drop again and I think that's a good thing. Keeps things a bit more exciting.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ Too bad there's nothing worthwhile to spend on except for the new ring. Outfits are useless, same goes for dullahan gear if you're already rockin' +10 orange lv90s.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    ^ Too bad there's nothing worthwhile to spend on except for the new ring. Outfits are useless, same goes for dullahan gear if you're already rockin' +10 orange lv90s.

Is dullahan gear not an upgrade from orange 90s?
    I thought weapons gave a big boost? (haven't actually looked)
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Before anyone accuse me of not playing enough or entitlement, I am talking about es scroll in s2. I usually run them solo and 5 times but the es are not dropping like candy anymore(well the good ones, screw you diamond and tricky). Also not wanna complain about OJ (god damn 50 runs and not a single OJ for myself) but i haven't receive any rank B waking stones while having over hundred of rank C.

also 15 runs of Dullulhan , and only 4 purple equipment and bunch of sword bits, really wtf.

I've noticed a decrease in the s2 scroll drop-rate as well. The OJ rate in anything but the new Donegal episode looks unchanged.

Donegal and Dullahan rates are rare for anything....even purple. This is typical of new content and will likely be eased in successive patches.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited August 1, 2017
    It is if you don't own +14 90 weapon already since AD > crit any day. Other than that it gives a lot of crit for loss of balance. Armors if you already own orange +10s or higher there's no reason to go for dullahan. Unless you're a fan of facetanking with GGs and Mercs who has never heard of dodging.
  • TroyTroy
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    @hornywatermelon +haha I'm a hurk so I can't REALLY dodge anything ! gimme some more defense! because I can't leech my damn hp back from that dullahan boss!
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    From what I can tell, orange drop rates went up. Purple drop rates were drastically reduced. (And blues removed altogether).

But due to how rare oranges are in the first place, it is unlikely to notice the orange rate increase in a small sample size.
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    AngelYukki wrote: »

95 has 3k more attack and 15 more crit than 90 but 7 or 9 less bal, I don't remember bal exactly
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited August 1, 2017
    Saphree wrote: »
    AngelYukki wrote: »

95 has 3k more attack and 15 more crit than 90 but 7 or 9 less bal, I don't remember bal exactly

+1800 attack on feather, +1200 attack on perfect, -4 bal on stable, +6 crit on lightwieght, -3bal +9 crit on keen.
    For a total of 3k attack, -7 bal, +15 crit.

PS: I do just fine at dulla with a +12.. 22min in solo.. can improve to about 15 mins if I can aim bombs better. 0 pots used :)
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    but has anyone got any B-rank Damage waking stones lately? I have some skill locked because of it .... stupid RNG. I don't mind wearing my 90 gear the stats are good though i am still drinking more Pots than a college freshman, which bring me to this observation, did they nerf the amount the Merc pots could heal? I was using the juice and it grants a good chunck but tried a normal merc pot and it was barely enough from a fine potion. In comparison it is saying fruity beer does better than aged scotch.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited August 2, 2017
    I farmed the new maps around 50 times, got 3 oranges (1 solid and 2 perfects) from "what to believe in" and 0 oranges from the rest of maps, either that last map has more drop or my RNG likes it. Also each boss drops a different weapon secondary material, so the previously mentioned one drops only perfects while "nothing to lose" drops keens. There's also some algorithm for solids and smooths I think, each boss only drops one of the two (can't fully confirm this). I got some B-rank waking stones too.
    Also I farmed burning temple a lot before the update, so I can confirm the decrease in droprate, plus the fact that gold reward reduction is -50% at lvl 95 instead of -25%
  • XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    what s that a drop never heard of it
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Actually the set gives plenty more armor and critical resistance, not to mention You can apply some new scrolls on them, which are nothing but improved version of their lower rank counterparts.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    it's basically a skinner box. most f2p games follow this model now.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Seems like the drop rates actually knows a... RISE

1501713594-51883004.jpg
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Drops rates for oranges and rank b stones, heck even purple chunks, are just...horrid. All I get from these dungeons are mostly s3 mats (leathers,cloths,stones) and rank c stones lul
  • HairDryerHairDryer
    Vindictus Rep: 770
    I do 12-24 runs of Lako daily, along side Ulchas and sometimes Druid if I have the time for it. The scroll drop rate seems to be totally normal for me, I get a WB or Enthu daily(always from lako for some reason) and usually get 2 others worth 500k+. This is with a Cadet badge on my chars as well. My overall experience with Rise is despite the dying economy it's at least possible for me to find $$ which I couldn't do before (Being able to solo s2 maps in a few minutes is a huge boon for someone who can't play often)
  • HerpadorHerpador
    Vindictus Rep: 945
    edited August 3, 2017
    Drops rates for oranges and rank b stones, heck even purple chunks, are just...horrid. All I get from these dungeons are mostly s3 mats (leathers,cloths,stones) and rank c stones lul

I've been running donegal & Dullahan since the patch came out and so far 2 orange from dulla (one giant shield ;_;) and 2 orange from donegal (1 solid and 1 smooth). The drop rate as a whole are stupid low for even purple in both normal dungeons and the raid. I think I have nearly 200 broken blades from dulla and maybe 5-6 purple essences to show for it - whereas in the normal dungeons usually after a day of farming I'll be looking at 100-120 rank C stones, more s3 mats then I'll need for a long time and if I'm lucky a one or two purple chunks.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    This last week ran all S3 raids on 2 characters and got at least 1 scroll everyday with vip and blessing. On the other hand my friends got a fraction of that all in the same party. Probably just unlucky, but if you ask me Donegal's rates are low and should stay that way at least for now.