[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dullahan at 95 Preview

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
in News Archive
Wednesday, July 26th brings forth the next episode of Vindictus' epic story as the level cap goes up to 95! This next update will have plenty do dive into, including a slew of events, a new box filled with new outfits, new items to claim and a brand new raid, as you face off against a brand new, armored foe.

Level Cap Extended to 95

As the war for the fate of Rocheste, Colhen and humanity as a whole continues, the mercenaries of Vindictus have grown even stronger, and the latest plateau to their power has finally been surpassed. With the Dullahan at 95 update, the level cap has been increased to Level 95!

With every new level, mercenaries will gain bonuses to their base stats, an increase to the DEF cap, use powerful new enchantments and more. You'll need the new power to come, because the forces arrayed against humanity show no sign of calming...

Explore Donegal

The Royal Army is on the march as the threat to humanity has grown too great for any response but open warfare. As a certain warrior recovers from her recent ordeal, the survivors of Berbhe brace themselves for what is to come and the scheming within the forces of humanity grows out of control, it will take more than fighting to win the day...

donegal-1.jpg

Continue Vindictus' epic story with a new episode, as the politics of Rocheste make their way to the battlefield, with the Dullahan at 95 update. You'll need to have completed the Ceara Interlude to begin the new Episode.

New Raid: Dullahan

A powerful artifact has been discovered in Donegal, but as with most things of power, an entity of tremendous power stands in it's defense. With the Dullahan at 95 update, step forth into a brand new raid and take down the mighty mystical menace, Dullahan.

new-boss.jpg

When wielding a massive greatsword, this thirty foot tall uninhabited suit of armor might seem like a simple foe to face, but the magics that empower this enemy have given it a powerful edge, reforging the mighty guardian's sundered soul to act as a shield, blunting blades and turning aside even the most potent magic.

new-boss-2.jpg

Find a way to break the shield, and ward off both mundane and mystical assaults to defeat this guardian and claim the relic it defends... plus a few other useful things.

New Equipment: Dullahan Set

new-gear.jpg

Defeat Dullahan or open Vindicator Boxes to claim Dullahan's Essence, required to craft the new item set. This set of items can only be equipped by Level 95 characters, and can be empowered with Legendary Shards of all sorts. You will need to defeat Dullahan to learn how to craft these items via the Composite System.

Regina Forest Faire

regina-gacha-preview.jpg

Regina might be long in the past, but her elegant style and gorgeous wings have left their own mark. We'll be coming out with a brand new box with the Dullahan at 95 update, featuring several new outfits, including a brilliant set of wings and outfits based upon the Elf Queen's own design.

All of the above, plus a slew of new events, dungeon reward updates, inner armors perfect for the summer and more are coming with the Dullahan at 95 update on Wednesday, July 26th!

Comments

• PhaliantPhaliant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    The time waiting was so long but it now finally comes!

I just can't wait anymore!

I better get prepared now!
    Atsoutestll9902
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited July 20, 2017
    What about new rings? Also, the following sounds misleading:
    Saygo wrote: »
    This set of items can only be equipped by Level 95 characters, and can be empowered with Legendary Shards of all sorts.!
    testll9902
  • BowserGPBowserGP
    Vindictus Rep: 505
    give me that zecallion set :p :p :p
    testll9902
  • TroyTroy
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    edited July 21, 2017
    no news about actually making the game challenging again? +sad
    I bet this level 95 Dullahan boss will just be a piece of garbage that gets one shotted and completed in less than 5 minutes by people without level 95 gear.
    +sigh I don't really have a lot of excitement since i'm pretty sure they won't ever restore the difficulty. Sure! outfits! weapons! Patch Buffs and Nerfs! I have not played the game for years but I experienced sharp dissatisfaction with the RISE update.

The game was literally made to be so easy that I didn't even bother making another character even with all the EXP boosts, because I felt like I wouldn't even get the chance to learn anything with how quickly the bosses died and how they removed all the mechanics.

Sample: One of my favorite bosses, Bark MK1 was a boss that'd make you think if you were soloing. You couldn't effectively brute force the boss because of the heal/sec to its main body. You'd have to go for breakoffs and be precise with your attacks to get all the parts. Before anyone jumps in and says "OH I'D KILL IT WITH MY LEVEL 90 GEAR! IN 2 MINS LOL!" Level 90 gear isn't what you normally would have access to upon facing Bark MK1 for the first time. Its one you reached while leveling and passed it with your character once you figured out the right technique. Just like double spider bosses on the fight with Laghodessa letting you deal with multiple bosses at once. Or maybe the unblockable attack spam with the titan, requiring teamwork to shut him down with the chain balistas on both sides of his boss room. Each dungeon was supposed to teach you to deal with these things and the bosses all the bosses had at least enough HP to let you see all their attacks once before they died.

Praying for a return of difficulty to the game so I can actually learn how to play the game with more characters and learn how to play AS I REACH level 90 (or 95). Not learning the game after reaching level 90...

Side note: Before, the game being set to a very easy difficulty was OPTIONAL. If I had too hard of a time with a boss, or maybe I was stuck on a raid and needed a party but couldn't get one, I could just select Easy difficulty and pass it. come back later to do it on normal or hard. But now? I don't even have the option of selecting something that'll teach me how to block and dodge properly.
    RecklessWolftestll9902
  • RecklessWolfRecklessWolf
    Vindictus Rep: 425
    So im guessing Hurk's Secondary weapon isnt coming with this update like KR version, if it is im hype if not thats a low blow
    testll9902
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Troy wrote: »
    blah blah blah
    Go Hero mode if you want a challenge. Also Dullahan takes longer than s3 raids. For other concerns I can say I agree with the leveling of a new character, you don't really learn anything while leveling up because it's too easy and too quick. But before this change people still didn't know anything about their class, because they just wanted max level as quickly as possible.
    testll9902
  • TroyTroy
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    KenshinX wrote: »
    Troy wrote: »
    blah blah blah
    Go Hero mode if you want a challenge. Also Dullahan takes longer than s3 raids. For other concerns I can say I agree with the leveling of a new character, you don't really learn anything while leveling up because it's too easy and too quick. But before this change people still didn't know anything about their class, because they just wanted max level as quickly as possible.

Thats the point KenshinX they REMOVED HERO MODE FOR MY FAVORITE BOSSES!!! its not there anymore. You can only play it on these piss poor difficulties. I would LOVE to play Bark Mk1 on hero mode. I would LOVE TO! but :/ cant..
    testll9902
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    So im guessing Hurk's Secondary weapon isnt coming with this update like KR version, if it is im hype if not thats a low blow
    Teide wasn't released at the same time as this update in KR ;)
    testll9902
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    @Troy dont quote me on this but at least I heard kraken still has an hero mode in korea so they prolly have hero bark too. Why it isnt here I dunno but hopefully its a bug and they bring it back
    testll9902
    Furiel wrote: »
    Teide wasn't released at the same time as this update in KR ;)

what you need to do is look up KR video Action Reload it was the same time frame, matter fact https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8c8YmhrquQ
    testll9902
    thats why im confused KR did it why cant they
    testll9902