[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Channels] - Make 200 into 10 or so.

JynXiJynXi
Vindictus Rep: 2,025
edited July 14, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hi there,

What I've been asking myself for ages is why we are having 200 channels to 'hide' in.
I can't really believe this is done for the 'guilds' that are around.

I want to suggest to drasticly decrease the amount of channels that we have.

Pro:
- More 'visible player activity' surrounding you.
- Less need for server megaphones to sell stuff.

Cons:
- Abit more lag for people?
  1. Do you support this idea?15 votes
    1. Yes
       27% (4 votes)
    2. No
       73% (11 votes)

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    While I agree 200 is too many, 10 is far from what I would agree on.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    edited July 14, 2017
    Because of the engine it's on, I think they made so many channels because after a point, Source(or the customized Vindi edition) actually stops rendering characters, either turning them into simple sticky bomb models, or even just not rendering anything in some cases.

I kinda think we need a way to see how much traffic might be on channels, regardless of the number of them being the same or reduced. Some players like having a quiet, more private experience without all the good places to sit being taken up.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Because of the engine it's on, I think they made so many channels because after a point, Source(or the customized Vindi edition) actually stops rendering characters, either turning them into simple sticky bomb models, or even just not rendering anything in some cases.

I kinda think we need a way to see how much traffic might be on channels, regardless of the number of them being the same or reduced. Some players like having a quiet, more private experience without all the good places to sit being taken up.

Then your task to make the 'engine' better, or indeed see what the 'cap' might be.
    Now its just that whenever there are 10 players each channel, 2000 players might be playing.

10 players around you, for a newcomer, might give him the idea that the game is 'dead'. While being flowded with 100's of people around him, it would give him a great experience of the 'activity' of the game.
    While 2000 a channel might be too much, I'm sure a couple of 100 could do. (tho I doubt we have that many players at the moment)

And since when, does a game care about 'people wanting to be left alone in an MMO' +joy Play singleplayer games for that, or afk in Malina and play everything via quick battle.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    Aquasol wrote: »

well if that is the case, just make a more potato graphics for people. im sure there is a way to make graphics worse than what we have by choice for those who cant host or run the game well.
  • DexkillDexkill
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    When I had a bad comuter moving to crowded ch. just killed the game for me. So this is a bad idea for them.