[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Did anyone else know about this.. or is it just me

KingRichRiceKingRichRice
Vindictus Rep: 1,410
edited July 8, 2017 in General Discussion
I'm curious as to how much of the player base actually knows about this fact and that I'm just a dum dum...

My situation:
A friend of mine wished to give back a whole r7 enchanted set that was fused to the Scarlet Witch Set (Evie/Arisha specific) and proceeded to send it to my Vella. I knew the set was fused so I had prepared multiple Premium Fusion Runes, which I would then use to fuse the set to something that would allow my Vella to wear. However, it turns out that one cannot, according to a GM I spoke to, whatsoever, attempt to fuse an already-fused item that is class specific UNLESS they are attempting the fusion on one of those characters that can actually wear the item.

And there I was, staring at my full enchanted set that was bound to me, icon reddened to indicate that I couldn't use it with my character, knowing that I couldn't fuse it because somewhere in this game, it explicitly states that in order to fuse something that is class specific, you have to be one of those characters.

I'm sorry.
  1. Did you ever know about this?59 votes
    1. Never heard of such a thing.. #blamerise
       37% (22 votes)
    2. Of course! But.. #nexonwhy!!!
       63% (37 votes)

Comments

• PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Happened to me too very long time ago. Lesson learnt.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited July 8, 2017
    FIX THIS PLS! @saygo , this is non-sense.
  • Aqua22Aqua22
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    I personally have not heard about this. I don't fuse very often but, I don't see anywhere that says you cannot fuse an item your class can't wear...

It's especially terrible because a full r7 set is NOT easy to obtain. To have such a hard to obtain set wasted and have it happen to a close friend breaks my heart. This set also happens to be perma bound so it is literally stuck...
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Known about this for years. You have to be able to wear each individual piece you're trying to fuse (that includes character, level, and proficiency requirements).
    clickhere
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Fused items = bound when received.

Rank 7 items = bound when received.

Beyond +8 enhancement rate = bound when received.

It's just there to force peeps to be milked for unbind potions, some of which takes more than a bundle of 10 to unbind depending on the situation.

Sure, say you got a +12 valued at over 200M due to some miracle of getting past 4 RNG walls, but problem is you can't sell it without dispensing green to the fodder, therefore making most of the in-game economy completely useless.
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Ouch.
    Reading "send r7...scarlet witch...to vella" set off alarm bells immediately.

What's done is done, rip.
    But for future reference, would this be avoided if fused to something generalpurpose before sent to vella?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @jjX Yes, if you fuse it to a universal item before you send then you can fuse it to something else on your other char with a Premium Armor Fusion Rune after.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    Learned this years ago,pretty much all of my chars use fused gear.

I'm not sure if it worths anything but maybe you could try sending a ticket or something,cause your case is pretty bad :/
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Learned this the hard way, myself, though nowhere near as bad as TC's.

Went to go send a fused piece of Evie equipment to my Vella to refuse to something my Vella could wear. Got that message. Thankfully it still had unbinds left, so I saif "Eff it" and sent it to my Arisha to keep.
  • KingRichRiceKingRichRice
    edited July 9, 2017
    Just curious. To those who this has happened to, were you able to at the very least transfer the items by means of contacting Nexon support to another character that can equip it?
    edited July 12, 2017
    Please look into this for me and clarify this particular case to prevent it from happening to other players as well.
    @Eghess
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    It says when you try to use a fusion rune that you can only fuse items you can wear.

If they're class specific, hence you can't wear them, and also, can't fuse them.

That's how fusion runes work. Sorry about your loss, don't think they'll do anything about it.
    clickhere