[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Question about transformation TP

RavelationsRavelations
Vindictus Rep: 1,255
edited June 29, 2017 in General Discussion
The transformation skill Duration, "Increases Transformation time by X seconds upon defeating a enemy" Do you get more TP points the longer you're transformed/X amount killed or is it a set amount of TP per transformation?

If you get more TP the longer your transformed/the more you kill, then it gives me a reason to rank that skill up, If not then its kinda pointless

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 29, 2017
    I believe you get ~7 TP per mission completion regardless of anything else.
    It just costs just 100 TP to trans then that passive is just to maintain transformation for pretty much the entire mission if it's not a raid and you get most kills.

Essentially you need to run ~15 missions, wait 100 minutes(1 TP per minute), or a combination of both to trans once.

We actually trans less often with this new system unless you spam missions like a god. Given there is not another way to get more than ~7 tp per mission.
    Though leveling up gives you all 3 trans stacks back I believe, so when leveling a new char(coughmiri) you will want to trans whenever you can once you acquire trans.

[All values are off the top of my head don't crucify me kthxbai]
    SlothPrincess
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    fwiw, running the old s2 raids (desolate malina, etc.) i was able to trans nearly every run... :o
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Transformation Points (these used for using Transformation, not the AP counterpart) regens over time (slowly) and is gained by finishing battles. Finishing any single-boss short battle (such as ex-raids) grant 7 points. However, longer/multi-boss battles grant up to 20 points. I am unsure of how it calculates, perhaps based off the same criteria as TP (the AP counterpart)/old transfo exp - the more you fight and kill, the more You get up to 110 TP.

Current transformation design seems useful for doing S3 dailies: transf at the beginning, the +5 seconds per mob kill will allow You to keep transformation until boss stage. Then, once You reach ~55 seconds remaining in transformation - use second transfo for extra damage.
    SlothPrincess
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Transformation Points (these used for using Transformation, not the AP counterpart) regens over time (slowly) and is gained by finishing battles. Finishing any single-boss short battle (such as ex-raids) grant 7 points. However, longer/multi-boss battles grant up to 20 points. I am unsure of how it calculates, perhaps based off the same criteria as TP (the AP counterpart)/old transfo exp - the more you fight and kill, the more You get up to 110 TP.

Current transformation design seems useful for doing S3 dailies: transf at the beginning, the +5 seconds per mob kill will allow You to keep transformation until boss stage. Then, once You reach ~55 seconds remaining in transformation - use second transfo for extra damage.

You can second trans with any remaining duration (1-3 seconds) and you get the full time duration of second trans (~50 seconds).
    WilkoSlothPrincessSirRFI
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    Is the TP that you need to trans and to level your path skills the same TP? Or do you still need to trans to be able to level your skills ?
  • ShiningForceShiningForce
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    You get TP fast during abyssal arena. Good place to recharge stacks.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited July 10, 2017
    Is the TP that you need to trans and to level your path skills the same TP? Or do you still need to trans to be able to level your skills ?
    When You mouse-over any transformation related ability in skills window, on thwe bottem there's counter how many points You have out of 300. These are called Transformation Points, and are solely used for transforming (100 points per use, 300 max, so 3 stacks). You obtain them by finishing battles (from 7 to 20, depending on battle length/killed units or something). Apparently You can get way more of these during leveling phase, but I know no details.

The AP-counter part is also called TP (which likely also strands for Transformation Points, lol), but are not shared with these I mentioned earlier. You obtain them like Transformation EXP before rework - depends on transformation length, combat, killed units, etc. or something.
    SlothPrincess
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    can confirm that abyssal arena gives over 200 TP at once, so it's the best way to level trans faster for endgame characters