[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Recap - Bow and Blade Balance patch

Comments

• ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited November 4, 2016
    Honestly we should stray away from buffing characters. This game is so easy now its ridiculous. I didnt even start vindi when it first launched but I remember the days when TD and Kraken were actually a struggle. But the end result of tooth frags, ikkys sword frags, and the glorious kraken fang were of value and prestige. Now, even s3 mats are worthless and the raids go by so fast. This game has become trivialized by nerfing bosses to the floor, giving us easy access to mercs and goddess graces, makin lvl 90 gear completely broken op, and then finally to top it all off, buffing the **** out of characters. Devcat's and Nexon's response? Attack limit release lvl 90 weapons further buffing characters. To justify this addition? Add a crazy hard stat hungry elitist mode only available to the top goldbuyers/rnjesus players in the game.

Ive stuck to this game for a while and I do enjoy it and personally feel ive mastered the characters I use and most of the bosses in the game. I have done my part and contributed to the community by being one of two pioneers to spearhead the Vindi Discord which has grown quite large and encompasses even EU and KR/CN players. I've had countless discussions on the old forums and try to interact with players in game and get some good ole raid trains going. But its moving in the wrong direction and shifting focus on the wrong things. Some of the changes are now just further exacerbating the old issues and making our community fall apart as good veteran players simply move on and leave. Im still holding on for that arisha buff since I do play her extensively, but my passion for this game is dwindling and dying. Such a shame, the game has an unrivaled combat system in the mmo department and very nice graphics/character models/artstyle.
    EnigmaTaroMochiSweet
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited November 4, 2016
    Then maybe people need to start to stop with this dps bs and actually play the game for the game. Who cares about character balance ? It has never been balanced so why people are acting like we need a rebalance asap ? lmao

People need to get things straight now.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Gewellirious

Then maybe people need to start to stop with this dps bs and actually play the game for the game. Who cares about character balance ? It has never been balanced so why people are acting like we need a rebalance asap ? lmao

Only way to really do that would be to get rid of the damage dealt to boss. Really wish it was gone.

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Gewellirious

cause in the past, the game was...still unbalanced yeah but... not broken like Scythe / XGun is right now.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Gewellirious

I think a lot of people don't care, but that doesn't mean they won't have an opinion on character balance.
    TheDazzling

cause in the past, the game was...still unbalanced yeah but... not broken like Scythe / XGun is right now.
    What we need is a 30 SPD Scythe beating geared chars (count 50SPD as IR often gives 20-21SPD max most of the time, and can be use w/o cooldown) and then you can say Scythe is broken.

Too much characters to make any kind of balance possible. Especially when the only things chars can do is... dps lol. Not like there are healers or tank, or anything else.
    Technically there is but it's just.. pointless.

Just admit the fact that it's a braindead action game, mostly for hyping some boiled blood. (this concerns chars as Lynn too btw, Arisha is just boring of execution but not really hard as well)

• BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    ikevi
    ikevi said:

Gewellirious

Only way to really do that would be to get rid of the damage dealt to boss. Really wish it was gone.

I share the same sentiments. Unfortunately, it will never get removed.
    How else would the whales validate their whaling?
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    Breadman
    Breadman said:

ikevi
    ikevi said:

Gewellirious

I share the same sentiments. Unfortunately, it will never get removed.
    How else would the whales validate their whaling?
    I'd like to make it at least hidden. Sometimes I wanna gauge myself to see how I'm doing among other people. And if someone actually announces their score then you'd know who to avoid.
    Xie
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Gewellirious

TheDazzling

What we need is a 30 SPD Scythe beating geared chars (count 50SPD as IR often gives 20-21SPD max most of the time, and can be use w/o cooldown) and then you can say Scythe is broken.

Just get the best of each class in a S3 raid... all of them with maxed out stats, if the top DPS is not the Scythe Evie, I'll eat dirt <3
    MochiSweet
    edited November 4, 2016
    TheDazzling

Just get the best of each class in a S3 raid... all of them with maxed out stats, if the top DPS is not the Scythe Evie, I'll eat dirt <3 </p>
    Hally
    Hally said:

Speed scaling need some rework tbh.

Lynn perform very poorly at 30 speed compared to other 30 speed chars. At 100 speed, (skilled) lynn performs among the best among the cast. Getting that much speed is... not very reasonable for most players.

Meanwhile, arisha at 30 speed performs extremely well comapred to other chars at 30 speed. Ironically, a 100 speed arisha has one of the worst performance compared to other 100 speed chars.

Different characters scale up at vastly different rates with attack speed; causing character performance to range anywhere from subpar to OP relative to other characters, even if all other stats and player skill are identical.
    Here's the answer.

Scythe scale stupidly high the higher her speed is. Literally every single actions is sped up except the snapping animation. That's the reason of her being broken, but people told me she is because of time attack, because all people do is reading the title of the solo + check vid's time and then clears out hypothesis as to "why this char is broken ???" "op char LUUL"
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited November 4, 2016
    The Point is.... she's broken, w/e the reason is, she needs to be re-balanced, if she gonna be that easy to play atleast give her poor DPS potential :3 <3 like Low Speed Lynn n.n
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655

So many people want a buff somewhere and somehow. We need to take a few steps back because the game is way too easy now. They should have never added top damage because that's all people wanna do now is compare. How is that fun? And what's the reward? "Look guys, I got top damage"....I don't care, thanks for the party +best. You will never achieve a utopia of character balance, never. Increase the fun factor instead. Everyone loves speed. Give everyone ranking speed skill and have fun. Lawd have some mercy!

BreadmanGewelliriousNecrochildHangeZoe
    edited November 5, 2016
    TheDazzling

The Point is.... she's broken, w/e the reason is, she needs to be re-balanced, if she gonna be that easy to play atleast give her poor DPS potential :3 <3 like Low Speed Lynn n.n</p>
    Oh please I hope you're not one of those playing Arisha and think she's the hardest character because you have one extra bar to manage along with pressing a few more keys. (during Ruin Blade)
    Or the fact she has "so much tools", that aren't even needed at all to deal ridiculous dps.

Broken Scythes are actually Scythe players using her skills correctly, as you can see in KR solos for example. Even with only a +10, I eat those big-geared Scythes that doesn't even use their tools correctly like Void Star or the fact they waste time enhancing 'useless' snaps. And still, I barely use Arcane due to troll bosses.

Like Arisha it's just pressing an extra key for using a skill, there is no hard characters on this game so that's pretty much a bad reason to "balance" characters.

What is Arisha in terms of DPS ? 3 quickslots skills ? I can count Ruin Blade, Counter Drain and Crystal Burst.

> Ether Zone is only better on sandbags that doesn't move. And I don't call that "bosses" by the way, or neither it's worth fighting for "who has the biggest DPS" on opponents that, like I just said, doesn't move. It's like thinking you're a boxing champ fighting a punching-bag. It's idiotic.
    > Resonance is literally an extra to use when a boss is down. I don't really know about its damage but I doubt it's that worth it as well.
    > Temporal Shift is the holding skill. If you care so much about DPS, you simply don't use any holding anyway. (which is bad, but making a boss unable to move spamming 8 holding skills as well isn't any better. Funnily, it happens mostly at Iset, which is one of the hardest boss, ironic isn't it ? For people that seek "challenge".)

Rest of skills are not via quickslot skills, so there is no extra keys to use at all.

So yeah, Arisha is just annoying because of the fact you have an extra MP bar to manage, that's IT.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Oh please...you're not the only one that owns people of your own class with better stats / enhance... Arisha might not be hard that's okay...but she definitely is harder than "smash > snap > repeat" as arisha in order to make best DPS possible u need to have perfect run (duh...like any other characters.....besides scythe) I've been in raids with scythes some of em godly stats, some of em crappy... But I notice they get hit and sometimes theyre special enough to die in S2 raid. And I have perfect run in same rsid thry were dying snd surprise!!! They still got #1 deeps. Arisha use to be on top. And imo she should of stay there cause as I said she might not be hard... But deff harder than the current top tiers. And besides... I got Golden God with FPS at s max of 15 and minimum 7 oh thats has nothing to do about this thread? Sorry :3
    edited November 5, 2016
    TheDazzling

I've been in raids with scythes some of em godly stats, some of em crappy... But I notice they get hit and sometimes theyre special enough to die in S2 raid. And I have perfect run in same rsid thry were dying snd surprise!!! They still got #1 deeps.
    Gewellirious

Glad you missed the point of the discussion. Also getting hit on PRE doesn't mean anything, you guys aren't XE unfortunately.

What this game need, for personal performances. With a few tweaks needed as "Battle Points" is affected by DPS mostly. (or if you skip mobs you lose % LOL)

Kuaidian
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited November 5, 2016
    TheGreatCreidne

So many people want a buff somewhere and somehow. We need to take a few steps back because the game is way too easy now. They should have never added top damage because that's all people wanna do now is compare. How is that fun? And what's the reward? "Look guys, I got top damage"....I don't care, thanks for the party +best. You will never achieve a utopia of character balance, never. Increase the fun factor instead. Everyone loves speed. Give everyone ranking speed skill and have fun. Lawd have some mercy!

Power creep has been a slow but steady effect thanks to their previous "We don't nerf, we buff everyone to be on the same level" balancing act. I'll complain about Han Jae Ho (again in this forum within ten minutes) for the cancer that is damage %s and overly powerful enhancements above +10.

GewelliriousBreadmanTheGreatCreidne
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited November 5, 2016
    Honestly, who cares about DPS? What matters most is having fun. That is the point of a video game, isn't it?
    TheGreatCreidne
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    It is not that hard to use arisha perfectly; but due to having the worst speed scaling, she does really poorly compared to other stacked chars. I have both stacked arisha and scythe. My arisha, when played perfectly, will not reach 25% in a 5 minute raid. My 104 speed scythe evie, even despite making quite a few mistakes (mostly due to losing control from packet loss when not hosting), goes past 30% no problem. It's really easy for me to do more dmg with scythe while putting in less effort at that gear level.

BUT; at that kind of gear level, you can steamroll bosses with little effort regardless. Does 20 or 30% really matter much in terms of how long the raid takes? Nope. That's why I don't care about top dps personally. As long as I'm farming reasonably quickly, I'm perfectly content.

If you play perfectly at a raid like baldy, and manage 20%, you'd feel good right? Would you still feel good when the kai who died multiple times does over 30%? I'd be happy in such a situation, because I did my best; but I'm sure there are plenty of ppl who will feel depressed over this.

-----------------------------

Class balance is pretty reasonable for equipment levels obtainable by the vast majority of players, but it is all over the place on the stacked end due to speed scaling differences. There is no way to make it reasonably close at all gear levels without completely reworking speed scaling (which I have no idea how). The current state of affairs could potentially be the best we have... of having decent balance at reasonable gear levels.
    KuaidianGewelliriousXieMochiSweet
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    so just beating someone means you carry now? I thought carry was when it was an outrageous kind off difference
    Gewellirious
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Lol
    KuaidianHangeZoeGewellirious