[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arisha's Second Weapon Speculation Thread!

Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
Vindictus Rep: 1,475
edited May 31, 2017 in Arisha
As Hurk got his second wepon: Teide in KR server for some time now, and now Lynn has her second weapon announced and soon will get it on test and live server, it is almost certain that in the near future Arisha will get her second weapon as well.

I'm creating this thread to gather all of the community's speculations and/or wishes on what you think would fit for arisha as a second weapon.
Personally, I think it should be something that would fit the character, while at the same time, compliment the game with something, or increase the utility of something that the game already has.

Like they did with Lann and Vella, by giving them the same weapon, but a completly different gameplay.

I've seen some posts in the past about what the community would like, and many people seem to find the idea of a magical whip thing a good choice, I personally would find it boring and lacking in imagination, but would be interested in it if they could make it a fun gameplay.

As my "Wishes" for her second weapon, I would go with 2 choices:

IDEA 1: Make her second weapon an elemental one.
Many things can be done with elements, Im just stating what I would like to see, not what I think is likely to come, one can dream can't he? xD
-Magical bow:
A magical bow that shoots elemental arrows(fire, ice,lightning, etc)

Pros of this weapon choice:
-Gives arisha a brand new magical abilities, as she learns the elements, a bit like Evie does, making her gameplay even more broad and fun, as you can choose to be an elemental expert, or a mana lord.
-Evie also learned new kind of magic when scythe was introduced, don't see why can't Arisha as well

Cons:
-Gameplay would be too similar to Kai, stealing his uniqueness in ranged gameplay

IDEA 2: Make her second weapon still based on mana, keeping her image of the "Mana Lord" and/or "Silver Witch"
There's a multitude of things you can do with this idea, as the magical whip, and so on and so on.
I for once, would like to see another character in the game use small shield and/or large shield.
Why? Because the worst thing you can ever get in a raid is a shield essence, or shield scrolls like Fresh, because they are so very poorly used, they sell for very cheap and makes me wonder why they made a R7 scroll for an item that only Fiona can use, while they made no other exception for other characters. IE: there's no R7 scroll for only twin swords or bastard swords, etc.
Basicaly, I believe this would be a good solution to recycle content, and improve the game while at it.

-Big focus + Small shield:
I don't think it makes much sense arisha going around with a large/giant shield, so she should only be able to use a small shield, unlike Fiona, making Fiona still the best tank in the game.
As for the weapon itself, I believe it would be fun for Arisha to wield a focus type weapon, but instead of using it as a support, use it as the main offense.
Why would Arisha need a physical shield if she can create a magical one(Mana Drain) while wielding spellsword?
Spellsword is a magical weapon with embeded magic on it, and Arisha can make use of this magic and her mana to create a shield, without it, she would need to use a different shielding strategy, a small shield seems to be a good choice to me.
As for the attacks, she could have various mana crystal things to throw, and shoot different mana lazers, etc. This is just an abstract concept I find would be fun.
Pros:
-Gives Arisha a different gameplay because it will be less based in Evasion techniques, as she won't be able to teleport or dodge
-Helps widen the use of shield in the game, making armorsmithing useful again

Cons:
-Too much like Fiona? xD

What do you guys think? Are my ideas lame? What are your ideas?
SlothPrincess

Comments

• IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    when arisha came out, i believe they said if she ever got a new weapon, she would still be using a focus. some characters seem to take inspiration from other places, so if they do that here, id like something like the rajput warrior (as seen in deadliest warrior). aara is a coil sword/steel whip(s), about 5 ft long. and the chakram kinda plays like focus, but can also be held as an edged weapon. or they could give her crossgun. they would be able to check miul off their list without the effort of making a new character. if she borrowed anything else, it would likely be longhammer or shotgun (teide uses ss designs). right hand elemental focus would be nice, but thats crossing over on sylas territory. as for anything else, im drawing a blank right now. i really hope they dont surprise us on it, they dont have a good track record with them surprises lately. hoping they actually consult players on what they want this time around
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I'm calling it, it's gonna be a majik musket.
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    I would like to see magic gauntlets
    R2ojMZ0.jpg

melee / magic

• IngkellsIngkells
    thats kinda what they had in mind for kiva. idk if theyre gonna make him or not. theyve said a few times no more new characters for a while, but then we get one out of the blue. with two females in a row, next probably would be a guy.

[img][/img]b-.jpg

they were just kinda testing the waters with it a few april fools ago, so we werent guarunteed to get any of them. did get sylas and delia so far. miul is basically just vella or arisha with guns, but vella already has a second. itll be at least a year or more til they make a new female after miri, but with their sudden interest in second weapons, arisha will probably get one between new years and spring. possibly, probably guns. the idea is already out there, and would be easy to do
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    2 shotgun since one isn't enough
    SlothPrincess
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited May 31, 2017
    Giving TS to Vella was a big mistake, It caused massive price rise for TS , making lann one of those "luxury chars" to play. It's like Delia doesn't share weapon with hurk, I figure Devcat has realized this mistake already.

In the coming updates I don't think we will see any shared weapons at all..

Teide was basically a nimble copy of Gunlance from Monster Hunter

I suspect if they keep getting idea from Monster Hunter, they would probably make arisha's second weapon "Insect Glaive". And focus will take place of insect ofc

• BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    wouldn't mind to see a wand maybe???? still utilizing focus.
    john10
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I'd really like to see her using mana like pistols of her own.
    She'd turn into a long range character.

• Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    I like the wand, magic gauntlets, or mana pistols Idea xD

Still, when you look at the other characters, they all sort of have a fast attacking weapon, and a brutal damage slow hit weapon, aside from Kai, I don't really know in what category does Bow even join to, since its a slow low damage hitter?

NVM that, the point is, the second weapon is probably gonna be something slow and hard hitting, since spellsword attacks are pretty fast. That is, if they keep their tendency.

What weapon like that would fit Arisha the most?
  • VelivenVeliven
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    May be something like the alchemist in dragon's dogma online though I guess some of the aspect of the gameplay are similar to glaive and scythe.

Gameplay

Skills + gameplay at the end

Timing mini game explanation + gameplay at the end

• The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    I vote Dual Mana Pistols. They'd work well with her sassy/confident personality. Have a little twirling spin for a dodge, she'll strike different poses whenever she shoots/does a smash attack. Have a regular bullet mode, then switch to mana (enhanced) mana pistol mode similar to spellsword. As an ult for her, she'll shoot at the boss's various limbs and as it falls to its knees, she charges up a shot and headshots it into oblivion which is followed by her blowing off the mana-smoke away from her pistol. Sounds like a fun idea, if I may say so myself lol.
    Weiss_Oswald
    I vote Dual Mana Pistols. They'd work well with her sassy/confident personality. Have a little twirling spin for a dodge, she'll strike different poses whenever she shoots/does a smash attack. Have a regular bullet mode, then switch to mana (enhanced) mana pistol mode similar to spellsword. As an ult for her, she'll shoot at the boss's various limbs and as it falls to its knees, she charges up a shot and headshots it into oblivion which is followed by her blowing off the mana-smoke away from her pistol. Sounds like a fun idea, if I may say so myself lol.

That's super awesome :P
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060

I think Dual Mana Pistols are a better fit for Sylas (like he could shoot his shards :D), for Arisha i personally hope for something like magically enhanced gloves and boots (a magic Brawler perhaps?).
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I'm fairly certain there was a post about this before. where Nexon announced that they wouldn't be making any more secondary weapons after Lynn and Hurk.

It was on the old forums though and i don't know if it got moved over
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    I'd want a fire enhanced whip for Arisha, one like the Balrog in Fellowship of the Rings wielded, and she could also have an orb of fire to control fire damage and grant her a dodge that leaves flame trails behind. Would be ideal, she doesn't fit cutesy styles with her idgaf attitude.
  • RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    They could swap the focus for a Xgun and have her play symphonies of death like so:
    04f7f0049bf719934115e2614ed90714.jpg
    I'm fairly certain there was a post about this before. where Nexon announced that they wouldn't be making any more secondary weapons after Lynn and Hurk.

It was on the old forums though and i don't know if it got moved over

Don't say that, you'll break my heart +cry

But yea, if you can find a reliable source to that, I'd appreciate.
  • IngkellsIngkells
    theyve said no more second weapons on a few occasions, but never say never. profits take priority over promises 'round these parts
    Ingkells wrote: »
    theyve said no more second weapons on a few occasions, but never say never. profits take priority over promises 'round these parts

I still think it wouldn't be fair for the newer characters to be 1 weapon only.
    I have hope they'll make a second weapon for arisha as well df2SdlQ.png
  • AnceciausAnceciaus
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I think some type of throwing weapon like a chakram that has her focus attached in the middle so it's like a boomerang mechanic would be cool. her LMB would be regular throws without the focus while her RMB would be the boomerang with it. Or staff since she's technically a witch