[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Difficulty Post Rise Update

AmethystEndAmethystEnd
Vindictus Rep: 400
in General Discussion
I've been with this game for 6 years. I have youtube videos from 6 years ago to prove it. I've stuck with it despite any and all stupid updates that have come and gone. This, though? What the hell is the point of future new characters/weapons if 90% of the content is braindead easy?

Look. I get it. Nexon/Devcat want players to rush through season 1 and 2 to get to the new stuff. But leave the RUSHING option to easy/normal mode. There was ZERO reason to take out hard/hero mode for some of the earlier battles.

For a new character without cash shop temporary gear or redeployment gear, even stuff like Klaus and Weeping Queen were fun to solo.

Now they're face roll.

I'm finally out.
GewelliriousMythicMothyPortulPrototypemindarkaine757VivieSaintGuinnessFuhrerHerucrossMrGold

Comments

• MythicMothyMythicMothy
    Vindictus Rep: 460
    You know, I was thinking of coming back to face some tough bosses and inevitably spend more money on Nexon's cash shop. But unless this is some unfunny joke or a glitch, they've lost my business. I'm out too. Vindictus is supposed to have some challenge. This is pathetic.
    AmethystEndXieVivieSaintGuinnessFuhrerHerucross
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited June 24, 2017
    Their reason for it was because new players didn't know about easy mode LOL.
    GewelliriousXieHerucross
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out
  • XarkXark
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    The S1 bosses are now balanced to be soloed by new accounts doing the story.

They should increase the hp and decrease the damage of the S1 bosses though. This way solo players can learn more and boss battles in a team last longer than 3 seconds.
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    nice mentality; now tell that to players who left the game because 0 boats and couldn't progress/solo raids and were stuck on story.Now most content til 90 is easy and S3 is the real deal in terms of difficulty (you even get lvl 90 set for free to stand a chance in s3)
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    gogoshica wrote: »
    Now most content til 90 is easy and S3 is the real deal in terms of difficulty (you even get lvl 90 set for free to stand a chance in s3)

Content until s3 was already easy even before RISE, try again.
    Why ? Because easy mode was already available. If you were still stuck even in easy mode, I suggest to get better or even quitting the game at this point.

Yes, some raids were stupid even in Easy such as Kraken, that's literally the only excuse/moment where people would have been stuck. (blame 70-79 not giving any incentive to be run as well, in terms of rewards. If it was 80-90, people would have joined for sure)

Otherwise, you have 0 excuses nor ways to defend this part of the update.
    SaintGuinnessCallisthene7thRonin
  • FuhrerFuhrer
    Vindictus Rep: 385
    You know, I thought it was just the redeployment equipment at first, but when Klaus still went down in seconds I got worried. Loaded up an older character, threw on garbage gear, and tested out Beokros. When I last played, he was such unfair garbage with a full team that all fun kind of stopped in its tracks. This time I rolled him in under a minute alone by button mashing.

Are you serious, Nexon? I actually liked this update for the most part, and I was really looking forward to playing through the whole game. But this... what the hell is the point if only the last few fights you put out are even worth playing? I can understand wanting to get players to S3 quickly, but you may as well have just deleted everything prior with how utterly brain dead this entire process is now. I'm extremely disappointed to say it because I really wanted to play, but I think I'm out too. Forget the whining about enhancement or what have you, this is the nail. You took a good game and you killed it. I can't imagine this being fun for anyone coming back or starting out.
    Gewellirious
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Xark wrote: »
    The S1 bosses are now balanced to be soloed by new accounts doing the story.

They should increase the hp and decrease the damage of the S1 bosses though. This way solo players can learn more and boss battles in a team last longer than 3 seconds.

Have you actually run any of the S1 with a new character? (using the free gear the game pushes on you) It is 2-3 smash attacks and the boss is dead. That isn't balanced. That is just boring.
    Fuhrer
  • bigboobsbigboobs
    edited June 24, 2017
    I've been with this game for 6 years. I have youtube videos from 6 years ago to prove it. I've stuck with it despite any and all stupid updates that have come and gone. This, though? What the hell is the point of future new characters/weapons if 90% of the content is braindead easy?

Look. I get it. Nexon/Devcat want players to rush through season 1 and 2 to get to the new stuff. But leave the RUSHING option to easy/normal mode. There was ZERO reason to take out hard/hero mode for some of the earlier battles.

For a new character without cash shop temporary gear or redeployment gear, even stuff like Klaus and Weeping Queen were fun to solo.

Now they're face roll.

I'm finally out.

you dont need to announce to everyone that your going out. go out with class dude. dont be a cry baby

one more thing give them 1 minute to address those issues all games needs to be refined using the feedback of the players. its like beta testing. youve been playing for 6 years you said and still you didnt learn anything
  • FuhrerFuhrer
    bigboobs wrote: »

Now they're face roll.

I'm finally out.

you dont need to announce to everyone that your going out. go out with class dude. dont be a cry baby

one more thing give them 1 minute to address those issues all games needs to be refined using the feedback of the players. its like beta testing. youve been playing for 6 years you said and still you didnt learn anything

Oh how cute, someone completely unfamiliar with Nexon.

On the flip side, they've been working on this game for just as many years, and they apparently haven't learned anything either.
    GewelliriousAmethystEnd
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited June 25, 2017
    I was mostly hyped about the RISE update because of the optimization improvements, but this difficulty nerf (should I even call it a nerf?) is just ridiculous. There's no difficulty setting at all for Season 1. Maybe I'm missing something about Hero Mode being unlocked for Season 1, but right now, there's only one difficulty, and it's Normal (a.k.a the new Easy Mode). At least Season 2 has Hero Mode for 4-plater battles, but it's either play Normal Mode or play Hero Mode. Why not implement a slider for selecting the difficulty and reward players for taking on tougher challenges? Also, I understand why DevCat removed 8-man raids for filling boats faster and reducing lag, but why force this on to everyone? Why not keep the option to host 8-man raids if you can host 8-man raids? That's what got me into Vindictus the first time I started playing back in 2010, and now DevCat wants to remove that? Why?!

Honestly, after RISE, I feel like the only activities that are actually fun to play are as follows:

1. Season 3 Full Map Runs/Raids
    2. Redeemer's (Neimhain)
    3. Abyssal Arena
    4. Niflheim
    5. Ein Lacher (This one's iffy unless you see only stat increases as a good enough reward for the amount of effort you have to put in)
    6. AFK/Chat in Colhen Ch. 1

That's basically it. There's no incentive to play Season 1 or Season 2 anymore because the battles are stupidly easy and don't reward you for challenging your skills.

Now, don't get me wrong. RISE brought a ton of good things for the game, such as a better enchant system, better graphics for both Colhen and Perilous Ruins ("gorgeous" is a more accurate description for Perilous Ruins; it looks WAY better), and Character Buffs that help out Lynn and Lann with stamina issues and staying in combat. I will still continue to play Vindictus because I do enjoy the later content, and it's a game that I have dedicated a lot of time and resources to enjoying; I don't want to quit that easily. I noticed that there was an up-tick in players trying out Vindictus for the very first time on Twitch, which is a good thing. However, if this difficulty issue doesn't get addressed immediately, other players, both new and old, won't be so forgiving and will find out how little challenge this game offers, get bored, and leave (maybe for good).
    SlothPrincessXie
  • RadeonFuryRadeonFury
    Vindictus Rep: 425
    TBH, the difficult must return to how it used to be because of how new player can have gear so easy now
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    edited June 25, 2017
    gogoshica wrote: »
    nice mentality; now tell that to players who left the game because 0 boats and couldn't progress/solo raids and were stuck on story.Now most content til 90 is easy and S3 is the real deal in terms of difficulty (you even get lvl 90 set for free to stand a chance in s3)

were these players oblivious to the easy-mode option when launching a boat?

if they still couldn't solo it on easy mode, maybe they should learn the boss patterns and improve. now there's no need to improve or learn any sort of boss pattern until you hit neamhain
    AmethystEnd7thRonin