[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Additional ATT in enhanced armor? FAIL

ProR2D2ProR2D2
Vindictus Rep: 2,085
edited June 22, 2017 in General Discussion
Who at Devcat was smoking weed? +mad

This is a step backwards in making the game simpler to understand and more accessible. It only makes it more complicated and for whales.

RIP :(
arkaine757

Comments

• RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Story progression is finally what i wanted it to be all along. No more running all over creation back and forth between town for NPC dialogue quests. If they smoked weed to come up with this idea, i support legalizing it 100%. Puff puff and keep more good stuff coming.
    Atsou
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    so ppl would start buying enhancement runes :>
  • bigboobsbigboobs
    Vindictus Rep: 385
    ProR2D2 wrote: »

This is a step backwards in making the game simpler to understand and more accessible. It only makes it more complicated and for whales.

your a type of person who dont like anything ha!? how is this step backward? everything is very simple how is it complicated?
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110

It's what happens when you get a group of bean counters sitting at a table daydreaming bout going on a Nantucket Sleighride.
  • LyyndLyynd
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Pretty easy to understand, enhanced gear = more dmg?
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    edited June 23, 2017
    My point was that add ATT got so overpowered that a +15 weapon with +10 armor makes game easy as cake and not challenging, while a +10 weapon and +0 armor are trash. :(

This is bad for everyone because new players are going to quit because is too hard for them, while whales are going to quit because is too easy for them. If whales dont quit, then they are going to be abandoned by new players, and then quit.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I have no clue what this person is even talking about.
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    WTF are whales!
  • KayoAemskeyKayoAemskey
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    edited June 23, 2017
    This is bad for everyone because new players are going to quit because is too hard for them

The game is uninterestingly easy now. *No one* should be having any issues. I've yet to go below half HP so far, just because of how trivially weak everything is now, and I'm still wearing the garbage equips the main story gave my a week ago before the update. You don't really seem to *need* anything, but I guess I'm not level 90 yet. I hope that changes when I'm actually going into what the game calls a "raid" now.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    edited June 23, 2017
    This is bad for everyone because new players are going to quit because is too hard for them

The game is uninterestingly easy now. *No one* should be having any issues. I've yet to go below half HP so far, just because of how trivially weak everything is now, and I'm still wearing the garbage equips the main story gave my a week ago before the update. You don't really seem to *need* anything, but I guess I'm not level 90 yet. I hope that changes when I'm actually going into what the game calls a "raid" now.

By too hard I mean in damage. Doing S3 Raid with 4 people with +10 weapon takes an hour. This was not the case pre-rise.
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Story progression is finally what i wanted it to be all along. No more running all over creation back and forth between town for NPC dialogue quests. If they smoked weed to come up with this idea, i support legalizing it 100%. Puff puff and keep more good stuff coming.
    Agreed.

Also agree. Fortunately, Season 3 wasn't nerfed to bad. Season 1 and Season 2 should always be run on Hero excepting the [Special] Battle. Side note - I remember when they didn't give you armor or weapons as level up gifts. DevCat is regularly making the easier and easier.

By too hard I mean in damage. Doing S3 Raid with 4 people with +10 weapon takes an hour. This was not the case pre-rise.

I haven't tried this yet. . Back in the day Kraken used to take a full 8 man team w/everyone at least 14k attk and all working together and tenting well it still took 30-45minutes to kill.

But for me, being a very well geared player and somewhat experienced w/all the raids I'm liking the 4 person limit even though I've always enjoyed playing in large groups. The 4man limit has really shown me just how lazy I've got and used to just powering through everything. I appreciate the fact that now I have to be more attentive to what the boss is doing and where they are at in their combos. With there being only 4 people in a raid it's less distracting, I can see my character better and I am becoming better at being aware of where my party members are and what they are doing so that I don't lead the boss into them and wind up getting someone killed.
  • WhiteSizzleWhiteSizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    This change actually makes sense because before only whales enhanced armor beyond 6, since there was pretty much no point. Now there's actually a point to enhancing armor for once.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    This change actually makes sense because before only whales enhanced armor beyond 6, since there was pretty much no point. Now there's actually a point to enhancing armor for once.
    Only whales?
    mqdefault.jpg

Come on now.