[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Another big update, BUT DOES IT FIX THE UI BUG??

VypraVypra
Vindictus Rep: 210
edited June 21, 2017 in General Discussion
I've been stalking every single changelog Nexon releases, just hoping to see if the UI bug is fixed.
I and many others have powerful rigs, but ever since the UI update last year, we're forced to play without UI turned on, or just not play at all because of it. I run the game 60fps max settings, but the moment the UI turns off and back on (which happens the moment you start a boat) my game gets bugged and runs 5fps regardless of settings, unless of course I turn off the UI, then I'm back to 60fps... until it's turned back on. It does not go away until the client is restarted.. but it'll become bugged again anyway...

SO DOES THIS F(*#ING UPDATE FIX IT?!?!? OR WILL WE HAVE TO GRIND OUR TEETH FOR ANOTHER YEAR. I SAY "WE" BECAUSE I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

I just want to play like I use to, but I can't ever since that update last year
Zeze

Comments

• GearGear
    Vindictus Rep: 705
    I haven't played in ages because of this. If it isn't fixed then I still won't play.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    My rig is more than capable of handling this game (AMD Athlon 64 X2, Radeon HD 5570, 5GB DDR3 RAM) and yet it gets massive dips, skips, and stuttering unless I disable the UI (after which it's a solid 60fps).

Why is the UI like this? Why is it such a resource-hungry, performance-bottlenecking chump?
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    This x1000
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Well, the ones playing it now, any noticeable improvements in performance?
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    It feels the same. New rewards screen lags a bit less than the old one and solo departure bypasses the disgusting boat launch freeze but I still only get above 40fps with the UI off.

Patch notes said memory usage would b optimized or something along those lines, but I forgot to check task manager to compare before I closed the game.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    So if I was getting big stuttering and frame dips before, it's probably not going to be any better now?
  • VypraVypra
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    IT'S TOTALLY FIXED OH MEH GOD, THANK YOU!!! The bug is completely gone!

note: using ATI/AMD setup
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    No improvements in performance whatsoever for me. Stuttering, massive frame dips in town, the works.

Abandon all hope.
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    Vypra wrote: »
    IT'S TOTALLY FIXED OH MEH GOD, THANK YOU!!! The bug is completely gone!

note: using ATI/AMD setup

wow really?
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    No change, except that the ground is made of grass-themed bathroom tile now.
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited June 22, 2017
    Will report the following:

Where:Before-After
    login: 30fps-30fps
    town: 25fps-25fps
    battle: 0fps-15fps
    turn ui off: 20fps-20fps ?
    turn ui back on: 5fps-15fps

The painfully obvious memory leak associated with turning the UI off is gone. No more relogging after every battle. Old craptops rejoice.
    (Before you start, look at em numbers. Obviously that includes me.)

The rest is the same. Open a menu -> load for a second. Press a button, drop a frame. Enter royal army raid -> lag through the whole thing. Old hat at this point.

One bug down, a few million to go. But one bug down nonetheless.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • DonryuDonryu
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    They fix it by giving us 4 man raid only .
    Gewellirious
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Noburo wrote: »
    It feels the same. New rewards screen lags a bit less than the old one and solo departure bypasses the disgusting boat launch freeze but I still only get above 40fps with the UI off.

Patch notes said memory usage would b optimized or something along those lines, but I forgot to check task manager to compare before I closed the game.

Rice don't leave me again
  • NecropolisNecropolis
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    I been having issues,and it is a teeny tiny bit more playable.Instead of 0-1fps in battle,I get 5-10,unless more than 3 or 4 characters on screen,then back down to 1-2.I still turn off UI to do battles thoguh.I don't have to restart game to get fps back up in town anymore after battles,so that saves about 10 minutes load times