[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Swords Vs Spears

ThraleeThralee
Vindictus Rep: 710
edited October 25, 2016 in Lann
Title says it all

Dodges & crits or Spin to Win?

Ye I'm biased towards Swords, SORRY NOT SORRY. I just think that having to rely on dodging & gliding furies is way more fun than spinning / moon splitting. The fact that I can do any smash combos & chain it with a gliding fury is what makes me love Lann. I dislike having to hold a button to do DPS, I need action >:)
  1. Which one do you prefer?86 votes
    1. Swords
       47% (40 votes)
    2. Spears
       53% (46 votes)

Comments

• DeathWarGodDeathWarGod
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Lawnmower is Life. Switched the day it came out on my beta Lann. No regrets. Spin To Win
  • ThraleeThralee
    Lannmower* ftfy c:
  • MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I agree that swords are a lot more fun; however I still play spears don't hate me c:
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    The combo skips and invulnerability on lightning fury make spears one of my favorite classes. It's like Lann is too busy being cool to get hit by attacks during his fury recovery.
  • ThraleeThralee
    LOL ikr and dw, Milio, both are cool because it's Lann using 'em >:)
  • FormidableFormidable
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    edited October 25, 2016
    Thralee
    Thralee said:

I just think that having to rely on dodging & gliding furies is way more fun than spinning / moon splitting. I dislike having to hold a button to do DPS, I need action >:)
    Honestly I find dodging on spears is more fun since his iframe is a lot less compared to swords and his lightning fury gives him iframes so if you time them correctly its more rewarding.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    edited October 25, 2016
    Turn locking bosses with twin sword is so much more satisfying than spears.
  • ZensZens
    Vindictus Rep: 10,795
    The crit /stamina froM SPears smash is 2 op but idk wat it is about the Successful dodging from TwiN Swords that just makes me feel good XD like legit awesomeness
    HinataChaaaanSilentBeauty
  • HakuboiHakuboi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    Was a sword-main from the getgo til they removed 100% glidings from lann. RIP

might reroll him with spears if sealshop update hits :>
  • NitrozemNitrozem
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    Always been swords since I started playing (Lann was my first character) i've tried spears for a bit but I just find swords more fun. (especially thousand cuts, pokepokepoke)
  • MilioMilio
    @Hakuboi seal shops hittin rn bb<3
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Spears are only a braindead playstyle if you don't play them right. There are so many amazing, rewarding things you can do with his ability to move semi-freely while attacking.
  • NiahselNiahsel
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    they both suck after the rebalance that nerfed him, but i'd go with spears simply because you can mercpot + slashing high + werewolf paw 2 win.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Niahsel
    Niahsel said:

they both suck after the rebalance that nerfed him, but i'd go with spears simply because you can mercpot + slashing high + werewolf paw 2 win.
    Pretty sure only swords were nerfed.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Just boomed my +12 regina swords after i got +15 arma sprs. Iwas a sword main for a while but playing spears is so much more engaging and fun. Swords are great and but lack of mobility and flexibility hurts his gameplay. Basically swords hits like a huge truck, spears hits like a small machine gun.
  • EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    Unsecure kids use swords for 0.35 frames and boast about it like they're some kind of god
  • ERRORERROR
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    I play both, although my swords are higher enhanced so that's my preference.
  • KenpoKenpo
    Vindictus Rep: 675
    I feel like the sword lann update was just a ploy to get people playing lanns again and buying avatar and NX junk for their new characters. There was even an exp event for lanns when the update went in to encourage people to make a lann. Then after everyone spent their NX and geared up, nearly all of it was taken away in the nerf. Its been done for other classes too.

If you really want to play a sword class, make a sword vella. If you really want to play a lann, go spears or wait another 2-3 years or never for an update.
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited November 4, 2016
    I find both weapons fun.

Spear's infinite stamina allows me to play relentlessly without ever having to worry about stamina. It can also be satisfying when I land a crit on Gliding Fury into a Lightning Fury, flying through the boss and completely dodging the boss's attack.

Meanwhile, I have to be mindful of my stamina when I play Swords when it's off Slashing High. But I also enjoy watching Lann glide. It feels as if there's a weight behind his hits and if done often enough, it can feel as if I'm flying in circles around the boss ... though it does takes a lot of crit and decent gear to be able to play like this.

Spears is more fun to play with if my gear is okay but my base crit is not high enough to cap. Swords without high crit or speed will feel kind of lacking, imo, but I feel like Swords can be satisfying with higher base crit for glides. Sure, I can use Windrider for crits but sometimes, I would like to be able to crit and glide during times when the bosses are not attacking and will not be able to activate Windrider. Also, I may choose to play either Spear or Swords depending on how much lag I am getting. It's easier for me to deal damage with Spears than Swords if I'm lagging. At the same time, it's a double-aged sword and I have to be careful and time my rolls more carefully while lagging.

I play both Spears and Swords but in the end, despite all the pro and cons for both weapons, I choose Swords because I enjoy the gameplay and watching his animations.
  • PoppyBrosJrPoppyBrosJr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    edited November 10, 2016
    Swords are life.

I don't mean to insult spear users but I honestly thing Swords and Spears are very samey. Swords offer more utility, Spears offer more DPS. But its either fury spam or spin spam.