[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Paladin / Dark Knight

TheDazzlingTheDazzling
Vindictus Rep: 3,295
in General Discussion
I was wondering which Path is better? Paladin gives SP / DEF boost, but as Arisha I always see myself with SP Bar full at the end of the raid even if I used all my skills asap :'( , and as far as I know Dark Knight gives a huge stamina boost, which is great to burn your mana, but after revamp / buff of Arisha you can turn SP into Mana, will Paladin be more efficient then? and I know transformation only lasts like 2 minutes, but hey...every second counts for DPS :'3 image
AndromedaGM
  1. Which Is Better For Deeps?34 votes
    1. Paladin
       26% (9 votes)
    2. Dark Knight
       74% (25 votes)

Comments

• NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    DK cause holding right click with chains is all I ever learned in church.
    TheDazzling
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    The sp regen of pala is really meh, only the passives give extra sp per hit in both paths, are worth. Unless there's a revamp, probably because derpcat already stated that they were working on it so we'd see later, but for now dk >>> pala for dps purpose.

Ps: or you can try the dazzling 3rd path +love
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    I chose paladin for no apparent reason
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    MochiSweet

Ps: or you can try the dazzling 3rd path +love
    XD I don't think I can handle all the saltyness of a dazzling 3rd phase ; 3 ;
    MochiSweet
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    I thought by becoming Dark Knight, I could kill Gallagher.
    I guess I was scammed for 6 times
    MochiSweet
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited November 3, 2016
    It really doesn't matter which path you take, just pick the appearance you want.

SP regen from pala is negligible, it doesn't even add enough to do a counter drain in 2 minutes. Both paths get SP gain talent, which gives significant extra SP per hit. Also, unless that new sp skill in revamp has zero cooldown, arisha will still swim with a full sp bar regardless.

DK's stam boost gives you about 15s of extra stamina to unload mana with; although a tiny bit better than that useless pala regen, it still isn't much. If you care about dps that much.. just chug a (vvip) mercpot+ or 2.

Unlike most chars, arisha has no hitlag.. so she doesn't get massive trans speed up benefits like hurk or hammer fifi. Personally, I'd rather not use trans at all, and just leave it as a panic (heal) button for somehow messing up really badly.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Paladin focuses on team work and survivability, often petrifying enemies in their tracks, along with giving a party SP boost. Defense is kind of minuscule at best. so that buff for paladin is essentially pointless. Plus, your armor breaks in the process whilst transforming, decreasing your defense instead of actually increasing it.

Dark knight is all out offensive, giving massive gains in stamina, crit ratio, and attack rating, which is completely useful for characters that require a butt load of stamina just to attack over and over again. Spear lann benefits Dark knight the most thanks to Fury infusion and the transformation's over heal, often pitting the player with 12,000 or more health. Be wary when using the dark knight transformation as this will make some characters complete glass cannons.

Both give SP per hit, so Dark knight gets the edge when it comes to getting top dps.
    TheDazzling
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Dark knight is all out offensive, giving massive gains in stamina, crit ratio, and attack rating
    Paladin gives crit boost too, is DK crit higher than paladin? If so I might buy the change trans thingy O3O thank you so much <3
  • EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    None of them matter at 40
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    TheDazzling

Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

Dark knight is all out offensive, giving massive gains in stamina, crit ratio, and attack rating
    Paladin gives crit boost too, is DK crit higher than paladin? If so I might buy the change trans thingy O3O thank you so much <3</p>
    Nope.. they get the same boost.
    TheDazzling
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Pretty sure Paly and DK are pretty much even at this point. I just went for Paly cos of appearances, though the petrification missiles does sometimes come in handy. Also stagger animation skipping if you really care about those few seconds of extra DPS, you can't do that with DK cos infinite stamina pretty much.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Only difference between the two is petrify/slow, defense/attack and a bit of balance, minuscule sp gain/stamina, and fissure/conviction.

If your class is stamina hungry, choose dk. If some more defense is going to be a gamechanger for you, go paladin. If you want an easier time against mobs, petrify is superior to firestorm. If you want an easier time soloing Kraken or just an easier time in Kraken in general, slow still works on the tents making it superior to petrify.
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    photo 79795_1388829991_zpsxz8ssfx7.gif

@TheDazzling
    #I can only say welcome to the dark side, :) greetings and see you in the game my friend.
    TheDazzling