[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Update is downloading.

LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
Vindictus Rep: 655
in General Discussion
4.7gb. 5 hour download.

Must mean maintenance is finished.

Comments

• ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Patch has been available for at least 3 hours. Server is still down.
  • xHariNezumixHariNezumi
    Vindictus Rep: 685
    It's good to delay patching til the servers come up. People have had corrupted patches in the past from getting out early. Though some people also haven't. Depends on if you want to risk it
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    It's good to delay patching til the servers come up. People have had corrupted patches in the past from getting out early. Though some people also haven't. Depends on if you want to risk it

I won't even be finished downloading it by the time the servers go back up. At 1gb an hour at best, I'm looking at a 4 1/2 hour download window.

And I just recently upgraded from Dialup.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited June 21, 2017
    ^ You must be livin' in Ethiopia or some similar 5th world country.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    ^ You must be livin' in Ethiopia or some similar 5th world country.

Pretty sure Wireless DSL is top of the line. It's the best I can get here, anyway.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Any official word from the team whether it is safe to start downloading the update now?
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    You can already start the download, better do it now than later when everyone's trying to download at the same time. My took a little over 7 minutes for 5GBs. Wasn't too bad. Now just gotta wait til the server is open
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    7 minutes? Wtf? I've got the best internet possible here, Frontier DSL, and it's $60 a month. And it takes me an hour to download 1gb. How are you downloading 5gb in 7 minutes?

WTF?
    edited June 21, 2017
    7 minutes? Wtf? I've got the best internet possible here, Frontier DSL, and it's $60 a month. And it takes me an hour to download 1gb. How are you downloading 5gb in 7 minutes?

WTF?

My internet speed is 150Mbs/150Mbs Download/Upload. The download rate was at 10MB/s (Average) for 4.7(some)GBs so about 5GBs.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Yeah, I also finished in the time it took me to browse over the major changes.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    People are downloading 10gb games in 15 minutes when it takes me all night to do the same? What kind of garbage is this?
    People are downloading 10gb games in 15 minutes when it takes me all night to do the same? What kind of garbage is this?

Lol it sounds like you have DSL, not broadband internet.

Run a speed test and see what Mb/s download and upload you get. (Make sure you are not downloading anything at the time.

http://www.speedtest.net/
    or
    https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    My download speed is 375kbps.
  • DysmoDysmo
    Vindictus Rep: 610

WTF?

I got Frontier where I am too, 4.0gb patch took 25-30 minutes, 24mb down speed
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705

sucks to be you i get this https://i.gyazo.com/7d728e879fb8c953b2d52a31fdd31b1d.png could upgrade to 400mb but find it a waste of money to get that much
  • VivieVivie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    Omg 5hrs? I would just leave it overnight.
  • 7th_Sister7th_Sister
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    mine says its downloading at 7mb/s, that is verizon fios internet though. I hear korea has even better internet than usa, is that true?
  • gizzysmomgizzysmom
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    With 236 mps my download took less than 2 minutes :)

So you have ADSL basically. Typically ADSL can range from 236 kbit/s all the way up to 24 Mbit/s (At this point you are better off getting cable internet). But couple I know they don't have much option for internet, where they are either stuck with ADSL or Comcast cable internet.

For instance in my area now, My provider is Verizon for my Fios internet, with pretty much the same amount you pay for internet now around $60 a month (Advertised price is $39.99 a month (does not include tax and equipment..etc), you could get yourself a nice 50/50 Mbit/s Download/Upload speed. that's a pretty huge jump from what you currently have. If I am honest, you're paying way too much for your internet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Vindictus Rep: 6,750
    Hi! Like stated above. Although you might be able to download the update, the servers are still down so you will not be able to log on. We apologize for the extension. We will do our best to get servers up as soon as we can!