[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Issues with Nexon Launcher and Vindy

FeyranFeyran
Vindictus Rep: 1,450
in Tech Support
Since I started using their crappy launcher Vindictus has been closing itself randomly, along with the launcher :rolleyes:. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues and if they have a fix they can share. I'm using a 64 bit copy of Win7 and already tried reinstalling both but the issue still pops up.

Comments

• BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    prolly not the same problem but, i was having tons of problems with launcher quitting, launcher forgetting where vindi was installed (default location) and launcher insisting on re-installing vindi... vindi itself would close during boat launches n stuffs with an error something like: engine error: failed to read uncompress buffer.

i reinstalled launcher and vindi a couple times, no help.

then a friend told me to run the disk repair thingy (my computer>hard disk>properties>tools>check now)....so far vindi is running perfectly.

good luck! i hope you find a way to fix it! +sad
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    See, this is why direct launch is needed. The launcher has too many bugs and issues for people to deal with.
  • StunnyStunny
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    edited April 29, 2017
    Feyran wrote: »
    Since I started using their crappy launcher Vindictus has been closing itself randomly, along with the launcher :rolleyes:. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues and if they have a fix they can share. I'm using a 64 bit copy of Win7 and already tried reinstalling both but the issue still pops up.

Having the same problem & opened already a thread about this issue, been told by GM that they have no idea what its cause is
    Also recommended to write a ticket
  • FeyranFeyran
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    Stunny wrote: »

Having the same problem & opened already a thread about this issue, been told by GM that they have no idea what its cause is

After a few more closes I've already uninstalled it and switched back to using Steam instead. Their launcher is such trash. #bringbackdirectlaunch
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    Stunny wrote: »

Are you saying a GM posted that in your thread? Since I looked at your thread and no GM as commented on it.

Since this is not the norm, it definitely helps to file a ticket with your specs so the team has a better idea of what causes it.
  • BarabeBarabe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    @BabyDani i tried your solution, wish it ll fix my game.
    i got lots of engine errors and i want to fix by myself i uninstalled game and i took my friends game (its about 15gb) and i got error all the time
  • BarabeBarabe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    its not worked :S
  • Hollow13Hollow13
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    i had a vindictus instaled and next time i loged it asked me do install full game again,i didnt know what to do so i instaled it again and when i wanted to play in the loading screen i get : CRC Check File Please reinstall the game client
    i tryed repair and all i could think of but i rly need some help pls.
  • aylbdraylbdr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    I am getting the "Failed to read uncompress buffer:" message also while trying to log in, but only while running through Steam.
    The game freezes right before going to character select screen. I am using win7 pro 64 bit.