[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Strongest class (DPS) Top 3??

Comments

• KaiTheArcherKaiTheArcher
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    There is really no top dps class, all depends what raid, how good is that person using that class and some classes do better when a certain class is in party(Like CB vella is pretty op when scythe evie is in party because of the 5stam buff scythe evie gives). some just outperform other classes based on the situation, just play the class you like the most and git gud with it.

pretty much the real answer here. I've seen all classes getting top dps at one point or another on almost all raids, there is no real definite answer to this question.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    There is really no top dps class, all depends what raid, how good is that person using that class and some classes do better when a certain class is in party(Like CB vella is pretty op when scythe evie is in party because of the 5stam buff scythe evie gives). some just outperform other classes based on the situation, just play the class you like the most and git gud with it.

pretty much the real answer here. I've seen all classes getting top dps at one point or another on almost all raids, there is no real definite answer to this question.

When you put all of those that are getting top dps into one big series of raids who among those top dps will be top dps.
    That is your real definite answer.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    "situation" all depends on the situation for each class, and like i said there is no top dps class, sure some will out dps others more depending on which raid you are talking about, but there will be no 100% top dps class, better to just play the class you like the most, rather not to play the class you "think" that does more damage, which each class really does the same amount of damage give or take 10% depending on how you play that class.
    Aerodos
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 15, 2017
    It's really simple. The easier strategy a character has in a party the easier it will deal top damage. So the top ones will be those that either are designed for party play like the ranged ones or the ones that need to stay really close to the boss even counter-attack them.

It depends on skill too of course. In what game doesn't? We talk about average top DPS not about certain series of bosses. Count in that a ranged character can follow teleporting bosses faster while it takes time for you to get close to the boss again. I would correct my previous post since Chain Vella has an advantege over Sword Fiona in this case but i totally forgot about her. My bad.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    lynn of course o:)
    Xie
  • Legendx4Legendx4
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Thanks to you all for these great responses. I was debating what character to play because I didn't want to be deadweight in the new raids but I guess it's really just all up to what I enjoy playing. Thanks!
    KaiTheArcher
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited June 16, 2017
    To the posts above, that's just like saying magneto, storm, sentinel aren't one of the strongest because local guy lost to Justin Wong using (a theoretical) cammy wolverine akuma in mvc2 or that LBG isn't the strongest in MH3 because the hunter forgot to bring elemental bolts.
    There are clearly stronger characters in the game. Plain and simple.
    I agree that people should just pick what they want to play, but that wasn't the question the op asked originally.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited June 16, 2017
    Like i said depends on the situation, every class does damage in there own way which some others can dish it out better in certein situations. If you want to pick a good Solid Class for doing damage in almost every situation am pretty sure almost everyone can agree Scythe evie/Crossgun Kai/Arisha
    Xie
  • KaiTheArcherKaiTheArcher
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    edited June 16, 2017
    MyDelia wrote: »
    When you put all of those that are getting top dps into one big series of raids who among those top dps will be top dps.

so all of them? I'm pretty sure when all of them are top dps non of them really are lol.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    MyDelia wrote: »

so all of them? I'm pretty sure when all of them are top dps non of them really are lol.

Uh, if you put 8 people who commonly get top dps into one party they're not all going to do top dps. He/She with the best class will come out on top.

Top 3 classes in the game are: Scythe, kai (both weps) and karok (both weps).
    These 3 are the most consistent and effective in the most amount of situations (granted Xgun is more or less viable in every boss while bow struggles heavily in a few, but bow excels otherwise.)
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    Quite laughable to even see hurk mentioned in top 3 deepees. Also guys dont forget about DB Vella.. ;)
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    More like "top 3 e-ziest dps in party"

You have Cestus that literally has 100% crit if well managed, yet I can barely see any doing top damage and now his damage are hell strong, do people just suck or ?
    Chains Vella w/ Heart of Ice literally deals like 3-4k every 0.000001 sec and I have people like "omg she's sh*t", what please ? You hold R and deal 543464734564768 damage. (same for Sw.Vella, and no don't bother me with Neam, it's one raid out of 30+ raids where she doesn't full on XCut)

You wanna see who as well can actually deal damage w/o being fully geared or having great stats, because I don't remember Scythe being that great either. I also wonder if these +15 Xgun actually deals as much with +10-12s, because so far every player I see with 10-12s doesn't seems to outdamages so far as well.. so I really wonder about XGun, it's easy to say "I deal 300%" when you never played with something else than +15 in your life, anyway.

I mean, it's about a lot of misconceptions. For example, people thinking because it deals "so much numbers", Arcane is a good skill, when in fact you should account time spent + SP consumption + "will it Crit ?" = Arcane, in reality, isn't THAT much of a boost. I do 48k Crit with Arcane for 750 SP. Meanwhile with my 70SP awakened Void Stars, I can do 4 of them for 720 SP, it can crit 10-11k -> X4 = 40-44k, which isn't even far below Arcane crit so ?
    Same for normal damage : 4X Void Star = ~20k, Arcane deals 25k non-crit. (at least mines, oh and mind I have 10% damage on Arcane, when VoidStar has SP70)

But at this point, enjoy last 4 days anyway because the 21st, the top dps sure is going to be your wallet.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Dont cry because you never had a +15 since you're playing..I'm sure 100% that i can outdamage you with a +10 for example. ;)
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited June 17, 2017
    No actually, I'm not even gonna bother, go f*ck yourself trash player. You are a random that plays a shi*t ez char, period. If you want to prove me you're better, then make a +12 scythe and do so.

Managing cooldown isn't hard at all... Kai and Vella sure were mistake on this game. Too much braindead of chars.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665

You have Cestus that literally has 100% crit if well managed, yet I can barely see any doing top damage and now his damage are hell strong, do people just suck or ?
    Chains Vella w/ Heart of Ice literally deals like 3-4k every 0.000001 sec and I have people like "omg she's sh*t", what please ? You hold R and deal 543464734564768 damage. (same for Sw.Vella, and no don't bother me with Neam, it's one raid out of 30+ raids where she doesn't full on XCut)

You wanna see who as well can actually deal damage w/o being fully geared or having great stats, because I don't remember Scythe being that great either. I also wonder if these +15 Xgun actually deals as much with +10-12s, because so far every player I see with 10-12s doesn't seems to outdamages so far as well.. so I really wonder about XGun, it's easy to say "I deal 300%" when you never played with something else than +15 in your life, anyway.

I mean, it's about a lot of misconceptions. For example, people thinking because it deals "so much numbers", Arcane is a good skill, when in fact you should account time spent + SP consumption + "will it Crit ?" = Arcane, in reality, isn't THAT much of a boost. I do 48k Crit with Arcane for 750 SP. Meanwhile with my 70SP awakened Void Stars, I can do 4 of them for 720 SP, it can crit 10-11k -> X4 = 40-44k, which isn't even far below Arcane crit so ?
    Same for normal damage : 4X Void Star = ~20k, Arcane deals 25k non-crit. (at least mines, oh and mind I have 10% damage on Arcane, when VoidStar has SP70)

But at this point, enjoy last 4 days anyway because the 21st, the top dps sure is going to be your wallet.

It's crazy to me how you can be wrong so many times in one post and then still go on to think you're a better player than most. Or maybe that's just the poor standard for whatever server you play on.

• xCyclonusxCyclonus
    xD
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    xCyclonus wrote: »
    Dont cry because you never had a +15 since you're playing..I'm sure 100% that i can outdamage you with a +10 for example. ;)

bring it >:I
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    edited June 17, 2017
    Ah those threads ^^

From my own perspective I would say for sure Sword Fiona and Arisha for both solo and full parties when played at a high level ( Knowing the less people in the pt, the higher fiona's dps becomes ). Then idk, I would go for Xgun/Delia ( in pt play )
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    edited June 17, 2017
    Okatsu wrote: »

It's crazy to me how you can be wrong so many times in one post and then still go on to think you're a better player than most. Or maybe that's just the poor standard for whatever server you play on.

Lol. Omg every one of those paragraphs are so wrong. I can't even.
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    edited June 17, 2017
    Okatsu wrote: »

Lol. Omg every one of those paragraphs are so wrong. I can't even.
This discussion has been closed.