[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Where are all the male characters?

BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
Vindictus Rep: 1,805
edited June 15, 2017 in General Discussion
I don't know how yall feel...but i feel like almost every run i have now are at least 6/8 female characters...

anyone feeling the same?

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    This is how I feel nowadays when playing Vindi.

0_9da0c_1dfb2db0_M.jpg?share=og
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    Everyone's too busy wanting to have a waifu to play male characters.

Plus the female characters in this game all have pretty decent or high damage (then again at this point what character doesn't, besides the long running Lynn joke) and people like damage.

Also Fashion. Males don't really get the best looking stuff.
    XieSLAMMENING420
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    Dress up is too stronk
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Male character's weapons are so darn boring like DAYUM!

Sylas could of been decent if he didn't turn out to be fidget spinner god

I know the joke's that everyone likes boobs even if it's true to some extent, but overall I feel the female characters just have better game play in general
    [Probably cause devkitty puts more effort into boobs... Looking at Teide compared to Parasol/Miri]
    XieSLAMMENING420
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    feeling this game is to female dominant...and they are still releasing new female characters...

but tbh i don't really care haha, i'll never choose another class over my arisha
  • OrodalfOrodalf
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    *shrug* I fell in love as soon as I saw Sylas, so...
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    'Cause boobs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joking aside.. The only fun male character(s) to play are Lann and Sylas, compared to the others. Not sure about Hurk though, made one but haven't gotten around to really learning + playing him.

Both variants of Kai & Karok get boring and stale pretty quick. But who cares about fun playstyles when you can have TOP DEEPS for low risk with Wreck it Ralph and CoD simulator lol.

In terms of style and flashiness, Sword Lann and Sylas are cool to play even though Sword Lann is in dire need of ANOTHER revamp and Sylas gets pretty boring at times too.

Overall, DevCat takes more time developing the female characters than the male characters and give them the best mechanics in the game while the male characters are a bit lackluster in comparison, as well as having more clothing options for armor/outfits. Female chars can easily switch between edgelord or casual, while male chars are mostly stuck with edgelord as very few other armors/outfitters can have offer a decent looking casual affect. Just my 2 cents~
    Xie
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Once a Fiona, always a Fiona. But Evie is my second pick.

Sorry Lann, you absolutely bore me with your Spin2Win ideology.
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Have you seen the male fashion sets? It's either conan bare-chest (oh god default inner plznoitburns) or super edgy tincan with spikes. Or in the case of braha, both at once. >_>
    Where are my dapper suits?

Oh they cost cash.

Aw.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    jjX wrote: »
    Have you seen the male fashion sets? It's either conan bare-chest (oh god default inner plznoitburns) or super edgy tincan with spikes. Or in the case of braha, both at once. >_>
    Where are my dapper suits?

Oh they cost cash.

Aw.

Any Morpheus-style trench coats for either gender?
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    We're nonexistent FeelsBadMan.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 15, 2017
    My first character was a lann and i would still play him if he was v2.0 and if his gear didn't become trash. : P

I usually pick characters based on what kind of playstyle i prefer. But when i have the opportunity to choose gender then i choose female. What guy wouldn't? : P
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    My first character was a lann and i would still play him if he was v2.0 and if his gear didn't become trash. : P

I usually pick characters based on what kind of playstyle i prefer. But when i have the opportunity to choose gender then i choose female. What guy wouldn't? : P

I get angry when games really feminize the female characters. Rappelz is NOTORIOUS for this, every female has thighs showing, partially exposed cleavage, and high heels. It's almost like they do it deliberately as a marketing tactic to appease horny teenage boys or something.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    My character selection screen is basically a harem, and it is glorious.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375

I get angry when games really feminize the female characters. Rappelz is NOTORIOUS for this, every female has thighs showing, partially exposed cleavage, and high heels. It's almost like they do it deliberately as a marketing tactic to appease horny teenage boys or something.

I think the same could be said about the male characters that are all muscular and could go for a model career in the real world.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880

I think the same could be said about the male characters that are all muscular and could go for a model career in the real world.

Hurk ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Balerion
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    AyPool wrote: »
    My character selection screen is basically a harem, and it is glorious.

fortunately and unfortunately ditto and ditto.

Anyone else wanna share?
    9Ec6YXh.png
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    My characters on West:

HueY1g4.jpg

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    el900w.jpg

The males just don't do it for me for some reason, not just for fashion.
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    vkBzyZu.jpg

I personally think all the classes are pretty fun and interesting but to me some of them are not as easy to just pick up and play. I don't play Karok atm because I find his movements quite awkward... Recently picked up on Hurk because I like how he demolishes mobs.

My mains are mostly female characters though but because they have shields / blocks and not dodges with inv. frames.

(Side note: Some male costumes / avatars / armor / underwear is more skimpy than their female counterparts...)