[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

End Game For a New Player

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ All you have to do post RISE is to get to level 90, at which game hands out a free, enhanced lv90 gear.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Does it take a long time just to GET end-game gear, as in +0 unenhanced gear, or does it just take a long time to upgrade it to a significant level?
    ^ All you have to do post RISE is to get to level 90, at which game hands out a free, enhanced lv90 gear.

What about the new lv95 gear? Is that going to be extremely tedious just to ACQUIRE, or is the tedious part upgrading it?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    You can currently make a level 90 OJ weapon with 350 seals. You get 1 seal per raid (max 20 a day). It takes a long time to fully enchant gear though, as scrolls are rare, r7 scrolls only have a 40% max chance of succeeding and can break your gear. You need to be prepared to do raids and buy/trade scrolls with other players to get the ones you want. You will be able to slowly enchant your gear that way, but will probably take a few months to fully enchant your gear.

Most new players that I have spoken to find this timeframe unacceptable and want fully enchanted gear in one month or less. They don't want to farm seals to make a OJ weapon either, they want it when they reach level 90, nor do they want to use runes to +10 it.

Level 95 gear will be extremly tedious just to acquire. Everytime a new tier of gear is released, you can't get it in the seal shop (level 90 OJ seal shop mats on release were RNG and you were usually stuck with useless mats), this is to encourage players to run the new content to get the gear. To top it off, the stat requirements for the level 95 boss will assume you have fully enchanted level 90 gear.

Honestly, if the thought of spending time doing raids to get seals so you can get endgame gear is a huge turnoff, you are better off not playing. Same for things like breaking your gear via enhancing/enchanting.

The RISE update will give you a free set of +10 level 90 gear, but the essence will be purple and the enhancement rank will reset to 0 when you upgrade it to OJ. So you still need to put in time and effort to upgrade the gear to OJ, although it will be a lot less compared to crafting it from scratch. And you still need to use runes or find someone dumb enough to use IRL money to buy runes and +10 gear for you.

People will argue that its technically not "required" to spend money on this game, but chances are, you need to. Oh sure, you can get a few runes from events, but are you really going to wait around for events to give you runes before you can make your end game weapon? Chances are, you will get bored and quit while waiting. Or you will use up your free runes then rage quit because you aren't willing to spend money on more runes.

Instead of thinking that this game is "free to play", its probably best to think of it as "pay to end game". Games like WOW charge you $15 per month to even play, regardless of how much you actually play or which point of the game you are at. Games like Vindictus charge you nothing to play, but you need to spend some money to get end game gear. Overall, the latter is cheaper unless you are desperate to make a +15 weapon or get extremely unlucky. Would you rather spend $20 or less to make a end game weapon once every 2 years, or $15 per month while doing boring low level content?
    daws360Akihiro_Altland
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 14, 2017
    What about the new lv95 gear? Is that going to be extremely tedious just to ACQUIRE, or is the tedious part upgrading it?

Upgrading it. It was the same with level 90 items before the highest grade materials were made available through the seal shop. I'm not sure what Ellease means by "efficient" because the most efficient way I can think of doing things is buying pre-enhanced and pre-enchanted gear. It costs a lot, but you'd still have to farm for months, then wait for months as you slowly find sellers for all the items you want.

Like what the other posts have said though, there is no need to become top-notch overpowered to participate in end-game content.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    ^especially with all the OP adjustments to additional damage and defense from enhancement.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Running Abyssal Arena can net upwards of around 7 Seals per run, 4 times a day, 4 times a week.
    Special battles can give approximately 2-4 Seals per run, twice a day.
    Ein Lacher can give 10 (?) Seals a day.

Not to mention, Seals aren't weighed equally. Some things are better to straight up buy off the marketplace (like raid boss armor essences that aren't Terminus). There's also very little reason to fully OJ a 90 set.

Full OJ pieces are often sold under the cost of production precisely because the Seal Shop exists. You don't have to farm any of the content to get the armor, which is a design flaw in my opinion.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    if you only aim for +10 or +12 after RISE, then do it yourself. Anything involves enhancing beyond +10 atm or +12 after RISE, or infusion on any of the accessories, BUY IT.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    if you only aim for +10 or +12 after RISE, then do it yourself. Anything involves enhancing beyond +10 atm or +12 after RISE, or infusion on any of the accessories, BUY IT.

And pre-enchanted if you can dish out the extra cash
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Don't buy it, just boom it and farm new mats.
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Question2 wrote: »
    You can currently make a level 90 OJ weapon with 350 seals. You get 1 seal per raid (max 20 a day). It takes a long time to fully enchant gear though, as scrolls are rare, r7 scrolls only have a 40% max chance of succeeding and can break your gear. You need to be prepared to do raids and buy/trade scrolls with other players to get the ones you want. You will be able to slowly enchant your gear that way, but will probably take a few months to fully enchant your gear.

Most new players that I have spoken to find this timeframe unacceptable and want fully enchanted gear in one month or less. They don't want to farm seals to make a OJ weapon either, they want it when they reach level 90, nor do they want to use runes to +10 it.

Level 95 gear will be extremly tedious just to acquire. Everytime a new tier of gear is released, you can't get it in the seal shop (level 90 OJ seal shop mats on release were RNG and you were usually stuck with useless mats), this is to encourage players to run the new content to get the gear. To top it off, the stat requirements for the level 95 boss will assume you have fully enchanted level 90 gear.

Honestly, if the thought of spending time doing raids to get seals so you can get endgame gear is a huge turnoff, you are better off not playing. Same for things like breaking your gear via enhancing/enchanting.

The RISE update will give you a free set of +10 level 90 gear, but the essence will be purple and the enhancement rank will reset to 0 when you upgrade it to OJ. So you still need to put in time and effort to upgrade the gear to OJ, although it will be a lot less compared to crafting it from scratch. And you still need to use runes or find someone dumb enough to use IRL money to buy runes and +10 gear for you.

People will argue that its technically not "required" to spend money on this game, but chances are, you need to. Oh sure, you can get a few runes from events, but are you really going to wait around for events to give you runes before you can make your end game weapon? Chances are, you will get bored and quit while waiting. Or you will use up your free runes then rage quit because you aren't willing to spend money on more runes.

Instead of thinking that this game is "free to play", its probably best to think of it as "pay to end game". Games like WOW charge you $15 per month to even play, regardless of how much you actually play or which point of the game you are at. Games like Vindictus charge you nothing to play, but you need to spend some money to get end game gear. Overall, the latter is cheaper unless you are desperate to make a +15 weapon or get extremely unlucky. Would you rather spend $20 or less to make a end game weapon once every 2 years, or $15 per month while doing boring low level content?

This is a great way to think about the game. But I would question the $20.00 for an end-game weapon, seeing as this game is so heavy on the RNG. If you're starting from +0 no enchants and using runes from +6 or +7, it would take a minimum of 3-4 enhancement runes to get +10 and 2 enchant runes to get your two enchants. Of course, this is just the weapon. If you want full armour, it's many more enchant runes. But with RNG, I'd say the average rune requirement for getting to +10 is from 5-12 enhancement runes. For enchants, you're looking at 3-8 on average, I'd say? Given the price of runes in NX, that's a heck of a lot more than $20.
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    What you mostly red from steam reviews is written by irritaded players. If anything I have never played a game so easy to get to the elite by spending little to no real money.
    Many people fail to realise that getting the top of the toppest gear will eather consume time in farming and luck in gamble or real money.
    Its really hard to explain since many people complain about different things that I find most of the irrelevant. I guess some just don't have the patience to farm or grind for end game gear.

Couple of months ago my fiance started playing and for within a month she was able to get to level 90 with really decent gear without spending a single cent. Also game really often gives free items that you usually need to spend real money for. Just now I got a cadet badge for free, which usually costs 5K NX (5 euro, 7 dollars)

The only complaint I have is that game needs fail stack, fail a enhance or enchant too often and have our success rate increased for that item. (soon to be resolved with Rise update)
    The other complaint I have is slow updates. But it is expected since we are close with KR updates (falling behind in recent months sadly)

Overall: keep playing, get to level 50 or 60 then you will feel and see if game is pay to win, grind or whatever. Then you will be able to judge for yourself, never rely on opinions of people unless they are reliable sources. Different people different opinions.
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 15, 2017
    Silentine wrote: »
    What you mostly red from steam reviews is written by irritaded players. If anything I have never played a game so easy to get to the elite by spending little to no real money.
    Many people fail to realise that getting the top of the toppest gear will eather consume time in farming and luck in gamble or real money.
    Its really hard to explain since many people complain about different things that I find most of the irrelevant. I guess some just don't have the patience to farm or grind for end game gear.

It's written by players who realized what direction this game is/was going and the direction is/was to reach even bigger numbers and making the gearing up more complicated to keep you in the game for longer. Sure it's easy to get Lv 90 gear. The time-consuming part is making it orange, enchanting it and enhancing it even if your goal is only a half-enchanted +10 high-end gear.

This game had a much easier way to obtain gears back in 2011-2012 when the high level gears were craftable at the npc. I remember when my guild mate broke his twin spears and we could craft him another one enchanting and enhancing it to +5 in just a day. However he had +10 before but that was high-end at that time. So we made him a decent twin spear that now would take at least a month on the same scale. (not the obtaining of a +5 weapon)

MMO's are just like this these days but it doesn't mean that Vindictus has to walk the same path because it will be abandoned over time for the same reason that "other MMO's aren't different either" that some of you guys use to say.
  • RaptorBugRaptorBug
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited June 16, 2017
    This is not end game for a new player this patch is good for new players but bad for old :D
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Depends on what you think endgame is:
    1, Completing all quests: Quite easy with those free giveaway items from lvling to lvl 90 (as for neam you can just pay for carry)
    2, Getting all the titles: If you enjoy it why not...
    3, Getting best gear: Will become impossible soon....
    4, Being able to solo everything: Vindi single-player mode
    5, Making you char best looking: Looks > dmg

Maybe it's all of these together. For myself I just want to enjoy this game (fashion, screenshots, getting better at lynn, improving my gear slowly, getting some titles, talking with people, stealin cookies, doin evul stuff, afkin, makin videos, findin/reportin bugs, checkin forum). Endless farming isn't fun.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited June 16, 2017
    Armageddal wrote: »
    This is a great way to think about the game. But I would question the $20.00 for an end-game weapon, seeing as this game is so heavy on the RNG. If you're starting from +0 no enchants and using runes from +6 or +7, it would take a minimum of 3-4 enhancement runes to get +10 and 2 enchant runes to get your two enchants. Of course, this is just the weapon. If you want full armour, it's many more enchant runes. But with RNG, I'd say the average rune requirement for getting to +10 is from 5-12 enhancement runes. For enchants, you're looking at 3-8 on average, I'd say? Given the price of runes in NX, that's a heck of a lot more than $20.

The $20 is just a ballpark figure and may not be accurate. That was for a +10 double enchanted weapon btw, and assuming you use runes from +8->+9. Either way, my point was that the upfront cost to get endgame gear is much lower than the per month cost for something like WOW. Generally when you hear of people spending tons of money on this game, its usaully to spam runes for a +15, gachas, or a vey bad luck streak.

You dont need enchant runes for armor currently as you can easily replace it with seals.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited June 16, 2017
    @Akihiro_Altland Make sure not to collect your level 90 rewards until after the Rise update around the 20-21st of this month come. This'll feature reduce the gearing headack and not feeling you got cheated. They giving better rewards once Rise comes so it best to wait for Rise so you wont regret doing something too early.

Also, I'm on East server, if you made you char on East @ me and I can have fun with ya when im not at work o:)
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited June 16, 2017
    Thank you, I've never been one to try and run through everything quick specially in an mmo. But at the same time it's good to know that I don't have to spend money and just take time and grind. Thank you for the help. What server do you play on?

I play on East server. And yes, in my opinion, spending money should only be for guaranteed rewards (unless the gacha features an item you REALLY want to have). Other than that, just enjoy playing the game with other players, and, for goodness sake, talk to people. That's the point of playing an MMO in the first place, right? :)
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    I wouldn't spend money on enhancing materials unless said material either guarantees success, or guarantees that the item won't be broken/degraded on a failure.

As the crafting system currently stands, it's not worth my money.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Here is what you can look forward to. I'm a level 90, orange gear, orange weapon, I run raids all the time. I have 120 luk. I have run approximately 300 raids with no kind of scroll drop or significant drop of anything helpful or worth gold. This game at the end is a grind fest of daily disappointment and a wonder of why they make drops impossible to get. Stuff you need on the market is grossly overpriced and sometimes i just log in and stand there in Colhen bored, bewildered and dumbfounded as to why I even bothered to log in.
  • MokutonMokuton
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    @Akihiro_Altland

Hey man, hope you're still playing this game.

It's become really easy to level and get gear in Season 1.

Shoot me a message here on forums when you get a chance.