[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise: Revolution Preview

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited June 9, 2017 in News Archive
This summer brings for Vindictus' newest update, and no punches are being pulled with this one. Say hello to the Rise: Revolution update, a massive overhaul of Vindictus unlike anything that's been seen before.

Please note, the following changes may impact on existing characters:
  • Characters below Level 60 will not be able to enhance their gear, even with Enhancement Coupons. If you have an Enhancement Coupon with an expiration date on a low-level character, make sure to use it while you can.
  • Due to changes to the Marketplace system, all items listed on the Marketplace will be returned to your mailbox when the update arrives. However, listing fees will not be returned. Because of this, we highly recommend not listing high value items for long durations until after the update is released.

The sheer number of changes coming with the Rise: Revolution update is simply massive, with nearly every piece of Vindictus affected in one way or another. The following is a preview of many of the improvements to come, and we'll be giving you more details as the update approaches, so stay tuned!

Key Changes
  • Story
    - Learn more about your favorite mercenaries with new, expanded backstories that can be viewed during character creation
    - Added the ability to skip NPC conversation dialogue
  • Character / Battle
    - Balance adjustment for each Characters
    - Introduction of 2 new stats: Battle Power and Technique
    * Battle Power is Attack or Magic Attack + Defense
    * Technique is Critical + Balance
    - New Paladin and Dark Knight Path skills
    - Removed potion drinking animation for most consumables in battles
    * A cooldown timer has been added in its place
    * Drinking potions in Redeemers will cause an additional slow effect
    - Simplified battle difficulties
    * Most battles are now available on Normal and Hero modes
    * Hero mode will have a minimum level 90 requirement
    - Increased Battle Movement Speed
    - Increased Town Movement Speed for those wearing Outfit items
  • System
    - Battle Quest System improvements for more convenient battle departures and continuing quests from within battles
    - Multi-Process mode has been added to additional battle quests
    - Level requirements have been added to Enchanting (Lv. 50) and Enhancing (Lv. 60)
    - New Character Growth Goals rewards
    - Improvements to Marketplace search functionality
    - Weight system has been removed
    - Assist system has been removed
    - One page of Shared Storage is now free to everyone upon completion of the related quest
  • Item
    - Enchant scrolls - Consolidated, removed, or added some scrolls
    - Maximum enhancement level has been increased to 20
    - Enhancement probability has been modified
    * +1 - +11 success rates have been increased
    * +13 - +15 success rates have been decreased
    * Total success probability of reaching +15 remains the same
    - Certain Enchant and Enhancement items will Fragment on a failed attempt, granting items that can be used to improve your odds further
    - Changes have been made to the Item Restoration system
    * AP costs for restoring items have been drastically reduced, however restored items can no longer be enhanced further

Comments

• DarickNguyenDarickNguyen
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    Wow!
    I know it! Since Garena Thailand announced that they'll update it very soon. Ha! Luckily that I've already had my own +13
  • crackmonkcrackmonk
    Vindictus Rep: 470
    how. about. no. get the $*&# out of here with the enhancement changes. and NO to the +15 rune. some of us alread know what that update consists of and while the changes to early game are nice and needed going from %33 to 13%? for +15, as if that crap isn't such a pain in the butt in the first place. the seal bought rune is a bad/dumb idea as well :|
    daws360
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    e60efad4_train.jpeg
    AtsouUsagiiiKunBlouden7th_SisterAnduri
    crackmonk wrote: »
    how. about. no. get the $*&# out of here with the enhancement changes. and NO to the +15 rune. some of us alread know what that update consists of and while the changes to early game are nice and needed going from %33 to 13%? for +15, as if that crap isn't such a pain in the butt in the first place. the seal bought rune is a bad/dumb idea as well :|

It's about devCat, not all about Nexon NA =)) We are forced to get these changes. I thought.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Can we skip this **** update?
    jeddyhiarkaine757BloodAngeldaws360Dillonz
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Please dont bring that garbage update here.
    jeddyhiarkaine757BloodAngeldaws360Dillonz
  • ArkTerranigmaArkTerranigma
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    I did read there will be a daily Limit of 5 Battles each day for S1 and S2 dung's can anyone confirm that 100%??
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    I'm so ready

RISE ARRIVE

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_72gfy296nawwks0sockgog0oc_640.gif

everyone who hates the rise update is a piece of poo
    PhoebeHalliwel7th_Sister
    Tell em not to update the new crap enhancement system and stupid S1/S2 raid removal. That's all we need. They give me cancer...
    ikeviJeyemdaws360
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Saygo wrote: »
    This summer brings for Vindictus' newest update, and no punches are being pulled with this one.

Only...there are a LOT of punches being pulled by that list because there's so little detail on each of those. Even KR is still busy figuring out every little change.
    BloodAngel
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Lol the number of negativity never fails to humor me.

I think only people who aren't ready because they do not have enough Money or gold to advance. Yet they are the same people who sit there and complain about things are getting boring, there's no updates, there's no changes.

Just run with it, updating is happening whether you like it or not. A simple "Uninstall" would suffice, and save yourself further embarrassment.
    JamesGrossUsagiiiKunNyxio7th_SisterBryanZubine
  • LameShadowLameShadow
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    This Enhancement stuff is really garbage, I hate it. Also, where are the class patch notes?
    arkaine757daws360sirNoctis
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited June 9, 2017
    Just skip the add damage revamp, and the +20s. Leave the S1 and S2 raids alone. Then we all might have liked the new content. As it stands we are going to have 4 raids to run. With the only reason to run them being seal farming...

Side note, what is Vindictus going to do to try to get new folks into the game? Since you didn't have to revamp the early levels to keep all the folks who are already lv 90? -> Honestly I would just have liked more content. But all I have seen of this revamp = less content for me + impossible goals to obtain.

Oh and BTW:
    Saygo wrote: »
    * Total success probability of reaching +15 remains the same

Is a complete lie. You no longer can enhance after you boom the first time. That means odds of a +15 have dramatically reduced.

And obviously no mention of the odds of a +20 (what 1% from +19->+20...)
    PixelPantsuKrevosHadesStreetLameShadowmisakamisakaSirRFIcyreusBlueRappyBloodAngelMintchiand 5 others.
  • HadesStreetHadesStreet
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    What's so bad about being screwed endlessly by terrible rng and paywalls, guys?

I know right? Seriously.
    BloodAngeldaws360
    I think only people who aren't ready because they do not have enough Money or gold to advance. Yet they are the same people who sit there and complain about things are getting boring, there's no updates, there's no changes.

Nope, I wanna host more 8-pp raid, and I want them to uncap the normal battle to host up to 8 players instead of 4 for more fun. But they nerfed it all.
    4 pp hosting isn't enough for my team.
    AndromedaGM
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    So... is this coming the 14-15 or what?
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    so we get this next week and dullahan the 21st?
  • ThyHippoThyHippo
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    The one update id rather have 6-8 months later instead of a global update.
    BloodAngel
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    I did read there will be a daily Limit of 5 Battles each day for S1 and S2 dung's can anyone confirm that 100%??

For KR yes it's a thing. We didn't have it until around maybe a few days later. They've been ironing out the update with constant emergency maintenance's. No idea if NA will adopt the 5 runs a day for S1 and 2
    Order5AndromedaGM
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265

For KR yes it's a thing. We didn't have it until around maybe a few days later. They've been ironing out the update with constant emergency maintenance's. No idea if NA will adopt the 5 runs a day for S1 and 2

Can the old S2 nerfed raids still drop scrolls? I guess that would be their reason to do something like this.