[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Recap - Bow and Blade Balance patch

AequipondiumAequipondium
Vindictus Rep: 1,965
edited November 3, 2016 in General Discussion
So a few months have passed since the last "rebalance", and I'm curious as to what the community believes to be the current state of character balance is now.
  1. Are all characters/classes balanced now?92 votes
    1. Yes, we don't need another rebalance.
       8% (7 votes)
    2. Yes, but we could use some fixes or reworks.
       39% (36 votes)
    3. No, we need another rebalance.
       30% (28 votes)
    4. No, but I'm happy with how things are.
       23% (21 votes)

Comments

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Scythe and gun kai still broken af so we need another rebalance asap.
    ThePharaohTheDazzlingXie
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    MochiSweet

Ya totally agree, why the heck did they boosted character that are already op but killed fiona's spin

MochiSweet
  • calmdownmatecalmdownmate
    Vindictus Rep: 315
    ThePharaoh

killed fiona's spin
    If by killed you mean buffed then you're correct.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Lynn needs another buff. She has one of the highest skill caps, and still, even when you play without ever missing a zhen mark, she gets out-damaged by some mediocre Evie\Vella. I dunno, I just think that her damage is disproportionate to the skill cap she requires.
    XieKhutulunMochiSweet
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    Vindictus Rep: 1,890
    calmdownmate

ThePharaoh

killed fiona's spin
    If by killed you mean buffed then you're correct.
    no no no continuous spins was definitely better
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    edited November 3, 2016
    They need to buff the classes that requires skills...(Lynn / Arisha) ... , I think it's unfair having perfect runs ain't enough to deal more damage than a brain-dead character that got hit atleast 1000 times per raid (Scythe / Xgun )
    MochiSweet
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    MochiSweet

Screw you hippy, burn in flames
    MochiSweet
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Speed scaling need some rework tbh.

Lynn perform very poorly at 30 speed compared to other 30 speed chars. At 100 speed, (skilled) lynn performs among the best among the cast. Getting that much speed is... not very reasonable for most players.

Meanwhile, arisha at 30 speed performs extremely well comapred to other chars at 30 speed. Ironically, a 100 speed arisha has one of the worst performance compared to other 100 speed chars.

Different characters scale up at vastly different rates with attack speed; causing character performance to range anywhere from subpar to OP relative to other characters, even if all other stats and player skill are identical.
    XieEnigmaTaroMochiSweet
  • KuaidianKuaidian
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    I've never really touched on these type of topics but I would want to argue that doesn't this all come down to stat+skills? I mean I guess it would be sad to see an offense capped 70-speed lynn get outdps'd by an offense capped 50 speed scythe evie but I have yet to see something like that. (but I hardly play this game anyways >.>)

Rewarding certain classes by making them stronger due to their skill ceiling isn't how vindictus works. Even back when Kai first came out, he was broken and everyone knew how to play him (with bows). Scythe evie back then was considered one of the hardest characters to play because not alot of players could get past 40 attack speed which made it difficult to find an opening, she's a class that deserves some respect. So, how difficult to play a character just determines whether or not you should play it, that's all.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Would be nice a re-work for bow kai his dodge is one of or the worst dodge in the game and something for Shortbow nothing as changed for it, like it would be nice if Rapid fire was affected by Attspeed.

Just my Personal opinions pls don't send the angry mob with flameing Torches and Pitch Forks After me(Vindi hates Bow kais)
    TheGreatCreidne
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Kuaidian
    Kuaidian said:

I've never really touched on these type of topics but I would want to argue that doesn't this all come down to stat+skills? I mean I guess it would be sad to see an offense capped 70-speed lynn get outdps'd by an offense capped 50 speed scythe evie but I have yet to see something like that. (but I hardly play this game anyways >.>)

Rewarding certain classes by making them stronger due to their skill ceiling isn't how vindictus works. Even back when Kai first came out, he was broken and everyone knew how to play him (with bows). Scythe evie back then was considered one of the hardest characters to play because not alot of players could get past 40 attack speed which made it difficult to find an opening, she's a class that deserves some respect. So, how difficult to play a character just determines whether or not you should play it, that's all.
    I think the issue that people want addressed is not the "higher difficulty should have higher reward" concept, but rather the actual potential of certain characters. You can have similar stats to another character and play perfectly - but the other character is still able to dish out considerably more damage even if they've messed up.
    BloodAngel
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Idk how many damn times ive said this but a decent solution would be to simply adjust the multipliers so that when played optimally the damage of characters more or less even out. They dont even hve to change a character's mechanics. Like lynn, just boost her damage when she is played nearly perfectly so her damage trumps most of the cast since apparently she is super hard to play as and deserves glorious top deeps. And I guess adjust how speed works and make it so there isnt such jarring differences between characters.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited November 3, 2016
    The only char I think that shud be buffed a decent amount are lynn, hammer fifi and sw lann. Sw fifi on a side note is actually incredibly powerful after the rebalance. In both s2 and s3 she is only slightly marginally weaker than kai and scythe (cept for braha, gun kai there is just completely broken and is 100% impossible to beat). Id even go as far to say that maybe she can beat them fairly easily in certain raids. That rebalance really buffed to her a good deal, i just think there are a lack of godly fifis. When there is such a fifi, they do work.
  • KuaidianKuaidian
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    Aequipondium

Kuaidian
    Kuaidian said:

I think the issue that people want addressed is not the "higher difficulty should have higher reward" concept, but rather the actual potential of certain characters. You can have similar stats to another character and play perfectly - but the other character is still able to dish out considerably more damage even if they've messed up.
    Ahh, I see what you are getting at, it sounds strange but I probably just need to see a good example of what you mean. Don't really know what messing up a bit would do, if you mean a pro who plays their best with a weaker dps class gets outdps'd "by a large amount" by someone who isn't good but is using a strong dps character, then that's sad. I have nothing to say about that, there never has been much of a balance in this game in the first place.
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I think the grass is always going to be greener on the other side of the fence, compared to the unbalance back when hurk came out , is more balanced now days, is not perfect I know there's some adjustments but nothing too major needed in my opinion, a perfect balance in all the characters is never going to happen, is just not possible because of different situation/bosses/gear/skill/ skill ceiling etc,
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited November 3, 2016
    Idk why people keep saying Lynn is hard, it's just a small adjustment period where you have to absorb her smash timing into muscle memory.

Although, I think she does need a slight bump in numbers. She's just keeping up now because her main awakening takes 2 weeks to burn through while most other classes don't bother with those at all.

But yeah, compared to before the current balancing is probably the closest to a flat line.
  • YunaTatskiYunaTatski
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    edited November 4, 2016
    What lynn needs:
    Chambers of death that you can hold down and continuously spin. (Either naturally or in jade fox mode)
    Also Divine spear that you can just hold down and continuously stab until you let go, then you do the dash attack.
    Breadman
    Breadman said:

her main awakening takes 2 weeks to burn through while most other classes don't bother with those at all
    My Lynn burns through Centipede Strike awakening in like, 10 fights. Durability being 1200 though. (Also because I have 100 atk spd.)
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Nah. They need to nerf everyone to the point of not being unplayable. :P
    XieArellaRoth
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    There are instances of bugs and issues still prevalent on X gun kai. Soloing is essentially difficult when your dodge bugs out and it looks like he tripped on a rock or something.

Other characters still have their quirks as well, so if we could get them refined/buffed a bit, it would be wonderful.

and for goodness sake, why not focus on killing the boss instead of whining about being out dps'd by .05% on average. *sighs*

• BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    YunaTatski

What lynn needs:
    Chambers of death that you can hold down and continuously spin. (Either naturally or in jade fox mode)
    Also Divine spear that you can just hold down and continuously stab until you let go, then you do the dash attack.
    Breadman
    Breadman said:

her main awakening takes 2 weeks to burn through while most other classes don't bother with those at all
    My Lynn burns through Centipede Strike awakening in like, 10 fights. Durability being 1200 though. (Also because I have 100 atk spd.)
    I mean Swift Assassin, which is the bulk of Lynn's damage anyway.
    Compare that to hail, splits, or flurry.

... yeah.