[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Swirly Prize Wheel Event Info

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited May 26, 2017
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    there's also a second reset some time during the day...might not even be consistent, but i definitely have gotten 16 tickets on some days.

edit:: never mind i'm wrong about this

I believe 2edgy4u is correct. There is some sort of double reset occurring that I experienced just now. I stayed logged in during the night until almost 4 hours past the 9:00 AM (server time) reset, then I logged off and got back on around 7:16 PM (server time) and found that the meter reset.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i second guessed myself because i had <100 tickets, but also missed a few days. figured i was just picking up tickets before and after a reset.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    figured it out. this borders on exploit, so use at your own risk. as long as you haven't capped for the day, changing ip address will reset the meter.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited May 26, 2017
    figured it out. this borders on exploit, so use at your own risk. as long as you haven't capped for the day, changing ip address will reset the meter.

Monday morning when the devs come in and see people exploiting this, going to be Fishing event 2.0?
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited May 27, 2017
    Ran my first board on an alt:
    XTn6sbd.png

Total tickets: 145
    Supercharges: 19
    Tickets to spin: 126
    ----
    Rank S (0 items - 0 %)

Rank A (3 items - 2%)
    Unbind Pot: 1
    Seals of Bravery: 1
    AP Cap (1000): 1

Rank B (68 items - 54%)
    Paradise Orbs: 12
    Blessed Magic Elixir: 15
    Triumph Medal: 17
    AP Cap (500): 14
    Swirly Prize Coupon: 10

Rank C (55 items - 44%)
    Paradise Enhancement Stone: 15
    Magic Elixir of Life: 22
    Festival Trophy: 18

Edit: I did notice in my 19 supercharges boards that had anywhere from 2 - 4 C items.
    EnigmaTaroOrder5
  • Order5Order5
    edited May 27, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    maelturd wrote: »
    If you supercharge the board, does it reset after you spin so you must supercharge again, or does it stay for 30 minutes?

@maelturd
    The news page says it'll be supercharged for 5 minutes.

@maelturd I would like to correct myself; I found out that my super charge board actually lasted 30 minutes, which obviously conflicts with the news page.
    http://i.imgur.com/ls1APXw.png
    this is the wheel i went with after ~5 supercharges. interestingly i had only 2 c-tiers which shouldnt have been possible
    all i got were b and c from 91 spins, but at least i'm set for enchanting when new gear hits haha
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Edit: I did notice in my 19 supercharges boards that had anywhere from 2 - 4 C items.

I noticed this as well.

Here are my results:

3fZwZKb.jpg

Starting Tickets:155
    Supercharges: 5
    Total Spin Attempts: 184

S-Grade (0 items - 0 %)
    Enhancement Rune: 0
    Enchant Rune: 0

A-Grade (6 items - 3.26%)
    AP 1000 Capsule: 1
    Armor Fusion Rune: 1
    Seals of Bravery (x5): 2
    Unbind Potion: 2

B-Grade (86 items - 46.74%?) not reliable because of re-roll tickets
    Blessed Magic Elixir: 14
    Blessed Magic Powder: 21
    Paradise Orb: 16
    Weapon Pro-Pot (Regular): 19
    Swirly Prize Coupon: 16
    Swirly Spin Ticket: ? (34)

C-Grade (58 items - 31.52%?) not reliable because of re-roll tickets
    Goddess Grace (Party): 29
    Honey Bath Soap: 29
    Swirly Spin Ticket: ? (34)

Other observations:
    -The Honey Bath Soap doesn't seem to stack with other versions, possibly the ones from the fishing event, but I do not remember.
    -From my results, everything but the AP 1000 Capsule, Seals of Bravery, and Honey Bath Soap are tradeable.
  • NecropolisNecropolis
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    The meter will reset,but it still only gives 8 per day,since it counts on serverside per account,not by ip or char.I tested and made sure to count.The daily reset is at an odd time like 9am GMT,not Pacific is why it looks like extra tickets if you don't pay attention.
  • Order5Order5
    edited June 3, 2017
    Necropolis wrote: »
    The meter will reset,but it still only gives 8 per day,since it counts on serverside per account,not by ip or char.I tested and made sure to count.The daily reset is at an odd time like 9am GMT,not Pacific is why it looks like extra tickets if you don't pay attention.

@Necropolis
    We already accounted for the time of the reset, and the screenshot posted by Ellease already demonstrates that extra tickets are a thing. If the tickets are actually limited 8 per day as you and Nexon claim, then the max attainable tickets would've been 128 on May 25th, but Ellease had 148 by that day.
  • PrettyPrincessPrettyPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    For what it's worth, my internet connection has been really crappy the past few days (Comcast), and I actually got two resets last night, for a total of three eligibility periods -- visually, at least.

Now, my internet didn't stay up long enough for me to test to see if I could get a full 21 tickets, but the GUI at least showed that my count had been reset.

If anyone is willing to test this, you could force an IP address change via your command line or router GUI to see if it triggers this again... but perhaps not before asking for permission first.

It's beyond my logic as to why it would be bound by IP address and not the actual account information we log in with, but I suppose there must be a very good reason for that?

I do hope we don't get another solution like the last event bug though...
  • Order5Order5
    I actually have some suspicions about the relationship to IP address; it may be partially related or completely independent of IP changes because I have gotten my ticket timer refreshed without having an IP change (I didn't get the 5 minute in-game penalty).

I'm not too knowledgeable about how computers work, but my extra tickets have been a result of my computer "shutting down". Basically my computer randomly powers down into a sort of power-saving/sleep state. It doesn't completely (or at least properly) shut down, so my programs and such will still be running when I turn it back on. However, because my WiFi turns off when my computer powers down, I have to forcefully end the Vindictus program, and then I find the ticket timer refreshed when I relog.

I've done some actual testing based on this like manually turning off my WiFi while being in Vindi, but the ticket timer didn't reset, so there's something more to it...
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Just stay logged off for a small period of time, usually 30 minutes to an hour, before your bar finishes filling and you'll log into a new bar. Not sure if you can do that multiple times a day or just once. Have fun. IP change doesn't trigger it.
    Order5Tetsujin7th_SisterLoLoBooty
  • iEatEverythingiEatEverything
    Vindictus Rep: 1,220
    hmm ,

i opened 128 tickets on my delia,

Rolled with 2 S grade items ( an enchant rune and enhancement rune on board)
    and 2 A grade items (unbind pots)
    a few reroll tickets
    2 soaps
    and some swirly tickets for exchange shop.
    and some other items like enhancement elixir for the low tiers

I don't remember the exact items I got, but my results were something like this:

6 S Grade items ( don't remember how many Enchant / Enhancement runes of each I got but I counted 6 red lands in total)

4 unbind pot lands

and the rest were junk tickets and stuff.

I also rolled my arisha's tickets (140 of them)

The board had 3 S grade items, enchant rune, enhancement rune and 3k ap capsule
    the other items were similar to my delias board except no swirly tickets and more blessed magic powder than enhancement elixir.

The results were worse than my first try with delia, but still ended up with something.
    Results were something like this:

2 S grade items ( 1 ap 3k caps, 1 enchant rune)
    a couple of 100 ap capsules as a B tier prize
    a lot of blessed magic powder
    and the rest were pretty much junk

For both characters, I only boosted the board once, and I used the mass 10 rolls whenever I could. Of course it landed on bath soap several times, but honestly it only landed on soap like twice every 10 rolls. it landed mainly on B grade items is what I experienced.

Overall, not a bad event for just staying online.

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Swirly Event ends tomorrow! Spin those boards!!
    DownIoad
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Swirly Event ends tomorrow! Spin those boards!!

Spin the boards tomorrow that is, we still get 8 more tickets ;-) Just do it while watching the new "rise" content.

• jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Why do they act like a $5.50 enchantment rune must be set to the same chances of winning a state lottery? This behavior is one of the most unlikable qualities of the game. They have an event that really awards nothing of consequence or value. Like throwing you a fidget spinner and telling you to be happy and amuse yourself.
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Well... I actually got that enchant rune. But that's the only S prize I got. And I have been all days doing that thing 15 times (8+7) because of that weird double reset thing. Oh well, at least this char got more than 30k AP from this event, which is nice for a nub char.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Pretty sure it's a gambling law in the US that you can't represent a prize/winning option as 1/8th of a random chance generation and then have the winning percentage of that be any less than 12.5%. But somehow the RNG in Vindictus circumvents such gambling laws.
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    But in this case there is no gambling because it is a free event. It is the gachas that don't show probabilities which may actually break some laws, at least in some european countries.
  • LeRoiLeRoi
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Does anyone know if the unlimited armor coupons we get from this event will be usable post-RISE update?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited June 20, 2017
    LeRoi wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the unlimited armor coupons we get from this event will be usable post-RISE update?

It doesn't expire. You can use it as long as they keep excepting coupons. (Likely till the game shuts down.)
    LeRoi