[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "Rise" Update: KR (June 2017)

GambIeGambIe
Vindictus Rep: 2,820
edited May 24, 2017 in Future Content
Full patch note translation [by Akki and Cube] available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f3DIfqw9N7KpTVux2E2GpsIPD0fdvX7ke-mGvAaFr2o/edit

I. Story
- New story quests
- Story battle direct launch function from town
- Proceed to next story battle direct launch at end of each battle
- No more NPC running during story quests
- New cut scene: Season 2 beginning
- New Tieve look
- Colhen town graphics revamped
- Mercenary training battle remake

II. Combat
- Combat movement speed (not attack speed) increased
- Season 1 Northern Pike map renewal
- Auto loot: Evil Core, Ergs, Ores
- Item consumption animation removed: Potion, Repair
- New Difficulty Levels(Season 1~3): Solo play difficulty, Party play difficulty
- New Praty Size: Maximum 4 players for all battles (excluding Royal Raid and Redeemers)
- All mobs -50% HP
- Royal Raid: New clear time 10 minutes & Maximum 12 players
- New Stats: Combat (ATT + DEF) and Technique (Critical + Balance)
- 50 new battles supported multiprocessing
- Battle completion log reduced to 10 seconds from 30 seconds
- New transform mode skills (6 types)

III. Convenience
- Direct battle launch from town; skip creating boat
- NPC dialogue fastforward function
- New skills available notification UI
- Hide sub-story function
- View/Hide mob outline UI
- Item grade/level by color
- Improved inventory: Repair, Enhance, Search
- Enchant UI improved: Search scroll and equipment easily
- Avatar Buff: Town movement speed increased noticeably
- Marketplace: Complete detailed searching improvement
- Access to mailbox from anywhere

IV: ITEMS
- Drop Items: Variable stats range organized to single stack
- New Character Growth Goals Rewards: Enhance Rune + Enchant Rune
- Episode Reward Box: Guaranteed OJ
- Maximum Enhancement: +20
- Boom Protection Rune (300 Bravery Seals) -- Upon enhancement failure, equipment reduced to +0; usable up to 3 times per equipment

Please join the Vindictus (West) Discord at:
https://discord.gg/HyzXqTC
Quinquearkaine757SilentineShiina06AnthonytonyboySlothPrincessBloodAngelKinsuruLoneWolf96john10and 5 others.

Comments

• NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060

GambIe wrote: »
    - Boom Protection Rune (300 Bravery Seals) -- Upon enhancement failure, equipment reduced to +0; usable up to 3 times per equipment

I'm sad.

• SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited May 21, 2017
    Idk if its in that video the buddy just posted. But i will post this, 8:41 the minute mark in this video, shows Lynn second weapon.

Also, max enhance will be +20 I think, not sure, I saw a +17 enhance in the video.
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    - New Praty Size: Maximum 4 players for all battles (excluding Royal Raid and Redeemers)
    - Maximum Enhancement: +20

That's a wild ride, we just lost our brakes and the roller coaster it's on fire.
    KinsuruSylphideLoLoBooty
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    Okay Nexon, you have my attention
    BloodAngel
  • KinsuruKinsuru
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    edited May 21, 2017
    Dammit. 4 max on raids, 12 max on royal raids? That sounds awful. Playing with a bunch of people made these fights more epic. There's probably going to be more kicking lower-gear players and boat restrictions.

Putting repair, enhance, mail, and quests all in the User UI without going to NPCs sounds nice, but it feels like its overloading/over-complicating for the users (especially the new ones, if any).

There are some nice changes, but the changes for making the game easier and faster doesn't seem like a good direction.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Doesn't seem like the Korean community liked that.

And is it just me, or do the new female characters lately all have the same face?
  • StudentOfTheGoddessStudentOfTheGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,570
    Menrva wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like the Korean community liked that.

And is it just me, or do the new female characters lately all have the same face?

Arisha and Delia have very different faces, Miri's face looks a tad like Evie's but there are diferences there too.
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited May 21, 2017
    The best part of this video is at 11:22. Junyoop reacts in shocking disgust, pauses the video, laments over +20, slams his desk, and then continues his stream while still being disgusted by Nexon.

Only thing that disturbs me from the vid is no option to do an 8 man party for the normal raids. Having a 4 man max option is fine and good, but eliminating 8 man altogether will not be welcomed by players used to regular 8 man teams for regular raids. Also eliminating the option for item animation kinda bothers me.

I don't understand why Nexon doesn't simply make some of these changes an option for players to decide what/how they want things to be ingame. Instead they just delete things we are used to with a "tough luck, better deal with our new vision" attitude.
    BloodAngelPixelPantsuPrototypemind
  • KaramythKaramyth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    one thing i noticed is that Item consumption animation removed: Potion, Repair, so does that mean we no long get the bonus hp while holding down the drinking animation?
    GambIe
  • AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    edited May 21, 2017
    Karamyth wrote: »
    one thing i noticed is that Item consumption animation removed: Potion, Repair, so does that mean we no long get the bonus hp while holding down the drinking animation?

Check our Patch Notes Translation. It's stated there that you'll always get the Bonues HP. No need to time it anymore.

HERE
    PixelPantsu
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @MrGold Truly the best part haha I love Junyoop and that was my reaction too xD
    PixelPantsu
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited May 22, 2017
    >+20
    Kill me now

>4 man raids
    I mean, I understand the idea for balancing, but what if I want more than 4 friends to Aghlan with?

>New character
    Hello again Delia.

>Lynnbrella
    We Okuni now boys.

Looks cool tho tbh, I hope they scrap the 4 man raid idea, I doubt I'll even bother with enhancing, I'm sure they'll give us a coupon or something to get us started.

Now Nexon, get to work on Arisha's second weapon.
    Prototypemind
  • LaxusDragSlayerLaxusDragSlayer
    Vindictus Rep: 950
    yay there dropping the hp even more! now i can solo waaaaaaay faster!!! <3 "and a single player mode?" awesome!!!
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited May 22, 2017
    Not sure which of these is going to be the official thread, guessing they'll be merged, but +20? Really? All the near heart attacks that went into +15 and now there's a chance of destruction all the way to 20 with even worse success rates for +13 and beyond and no rune/shard system to continue going higher? I am not a fan of that at all. It's garbage in BDO and it will be garbage here.

I have to agree as well with all of S1 and S2 and S3 no longer being full 8 person raids. Hero S1 was fun for the luls, and S2 was still a challenge for a lot of players even in 90 gear. Why did we never get Hero mode S2? Do they really think 4 people only is going to emphasize the multiplayer aspect? 4 player parties do not allow for nearly enough Fashiondictus.

I see a lot of positive changes, but it is very clear that these were all done as Nexon saw fit with no consultation from players who are familiar with and very involved with the game. So many amazing fixes but a few that will cause just as much division and stress as before, if not even more in some cases. I really don't think they get that 8 player battles were fun. Even farming Lagho for events was fun having a full group and just messing around. These changes will definitely keep a lot of people playing casually but I can't be happy about the depth it will take away in terms of community interaction.

Huge steps forward, huge steps back, e-special-f'ingly the +20 system. That can go DIAF.
    PixelPantsuKinsuruBlueRappy
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Do they really think 4 people only is going to emphasize the multiplayer aspect? 4 player parties do not allow for nearly enough Fashiondictus.

I see a lot of positive changes, but it is very clear that these were all done as Nexon saw fit with no consultation from players who are familiar with and very involved with the game. So many amazing fixes but a few that will cause just as much division and stress as before, if not even more in some cases. I really don't think they get that 8 player battles were fun. Even farming Lagho for events was fun having a full group and just messing around. These changes will definitely keep a lot of people playing casually but I can't be happy about the depth it will take away in terms of community interaction.

Huge steps forward, huge steps back, e-special-f'ingly the +20 system. That can go DIAF.

I am going to guess that half of it is to make hosting easier too. IE the big emphasis on multicore working on a bunch more runs + making it so you never have issues.

(Note I am not a fan of the 4 man limit, and the 12 man royal raids, but it also will make it seem more active since in principle there should be 2x more boats being made. Also their gerbils should live longer with 12 man royals...)

Really not looking forward to the +20.

And in all honestly most of this just makes me go meh, maybe it is time to just move on soon. The game already isn't what I fell in love with and now it is just moving closer and closer to easy mode only.
    BloodAngel
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    ikevi wrote: »
    Do they really think 4 people only is going to emphasize the multiplayer aspect? 4 player parties do not allow for nearly enough Fashiondictus.

I am going to guess that half of it is to make hosting easier too. IE the big emphasis on multicore working on a bunch more runs + making it so you never have issues.

(Note I am not a fan of the 4 man limit, and the 12 man royal raids, but it also will make it seem more active since in principle there should be 2x more boats being made. Also their gerbils should live longer with 12 man royals...)

Really not looking forward to the +20.

And in all honestly most of this just makes me go meh, maybe it is time to just move on soon. The game already isn't what I fell in love with and now it is just moving closer and closer to easy mode only.

Nah, it won't be easy mode. It will be easier to get started, and easier to scroll, but maxing out with the highest enhance level will be harder than ever. Assuming that the rate drops to 30% all the way from +13 to +20--and knowing DevCan't it will be worse--the odds of making it to +20 from there are 0.006561%. It will take approximately 15,242 weapons to guarantee a +20

+hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahhaahahahaahahahaaha

RIP Vindi
    BloodAngel
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    +20 will be like TET weapons in bdo, thats their goal, make them extremely rare.
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    MochiSweet wrote: »
    +20 will be like TET weapons in bdo, thats their goal, make them extremely rare.

That's probably the worst part of the update.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited May 23, 2017
    [Woops
  • DonGloverDonGlover
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    I have a hard time seeing myself playing after those changes roll out, holy cow. The story quest quality of life improvements sound nice, and I'm not even opposed to trivializing royal army raids since they're awful to run, but the game will lose a lot of dimension with 4 man raids, turning all pots essentially into merc pots, and I really don't see the stat condensation going smoothly with current enchants and gear. +20 and the enhancement rune that brings you back to zero just dig deeper into the aspect of the game I've always hated the most... the current 10-12 rune reducing your enhancement by 3 is already super questionable...
    BloodAngel