[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Character Tier List.

TheGooseGodTheGooseGod
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited May 11, 2017 in General Discussion
I just came back to this game after a long break, idk who is good anymore! I wanna find out the difficulty, dps, and how much fun every character compares to each other!
I just want to have an idea of what character to play.

Comments

• ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Every character is good. Look up videos of the different classes to get a feel of what to play, given that fun is subjective.
  • TheGooseGodTheGooseGod
    Ellease wrote: »
    Every character is good. Look up videos of the different classes to get a feel of what to play, given that fun is subjective.

Does every character transition to level 90 evenly? I don't want to pick a class I feel like I'm useless as later on.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited May 11, 2017
    Any character can be good, cept sword lann. Sword lann is pretty bad atm since you need 5 extra crit to cap while you do less damage on average than other characters. Lynn could use some adjustments too. Otherwise, everyone else is good.
    2edgy4uTheGooseGodXie
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Fun and Difficulty... Hmmm

IMO;

Bow Kai - fun/hard
    Gun Kai - fun/medium
    Lynn - fun/hard
    Hurk - boring/easy
    Pillar Karok - fun/easy
    Cestus Karok - fun/medium
    Arisha - not enough exp to comment
    Sword Vella - not enough exp to comment
    Chain Vella - boring/medium
    Hammer Fiona - not enough exp to comment
    Sword Fiona - fun/easy
    Sword/Spear Lann - not enough exp to comment
    Sylas - fun/hard
    Scythe Evie - not enough exp to comment
    Staff Evie - fun/easy

TheGooseGodAnthonytonyboy
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited May 11, 2017
    Ellease wrote: »

Does every character transition to level 90 evenly? I don't want to pick a class I feel like I'm useless as later on.

All characters are provided gear as they progress through the main story, so leveling pace is quick and about the same (except maybe scythe Evie if she still has to wait until level 22 just to learn her first scythe skill).

If you already know how to do empowered smashes on Lynn, she is arguably the 3rd fastest at leveling now, but she is still the most regretted choice at end-game because of her difficulty and low damage reward.
    TheGooseGod
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Arisha is aesthetically superior to all other characters.

Kai is cool too.
    EnigmaTaro
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited May 11, 2017
    There are too much chars in my opinion to even feel "useful" anyway, unless you have "high deeps" which will always be more useful than others (Scythe, Cestus, XGun) or have somehow useful skills for the party. (Staff heaming, BOs with Kai/Chains)

You should rather enjoy the char you wanna play.

• TheGooseGodTheGooseGod
    There are too much chars in my opinion to even feel "useful" anyway, unless you have "high deeps" which will always be more useful than others (Scythe, Cestus, XGun) or have somehow useful skills for the party. (Staff heaming, BOs with Kai/Chains)

You should rather enjoy the char you wanna play.

True, I have a lvl 70 Arisha might as well stick with her, now I'm going to look for some guides! Thank you for the help
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    go for character that pleases you aesthetically.
    Xie
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    every char is good. except TS Lann or Lynn
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    XGun / Cestus / Hurk = EZ Top Deeps

Lynn / Staff = Fun to play :D
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    XGun / Cestus / Hurk = EZ Top Deeps

Lynn / Staff = Fun to play :D

Where is your scythe?
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Arisha is THE BEST. Everyone else is garbage. huehuehue. :D
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Everyone and their mother plays Kais those days, but we could use a few more Karoks, so I'd say go for him, he's seriously stupid fun and OP as hell.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    edited May 13, 2017
    play who you like except TS lann / lynn
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    S+: Arisha, defense stacked hurk, X-gun Kai, twin sword vella outside of Neamhain
    A: Pretty much every other weapon in this game you can think of
    Why is this character even in this game: Delia

Hurk has the highest mechanical ceiling in this game. Arisha has a relatively high ceiling but not nearly at the level of hurk. Kai is a ranged character so he's OP automatically in PvE game and twin sword vella is broken if you learn the hitbox of each boss.

I honestly think characters otherwise in this game are fairly close in general. Some take more than the others to get the same DPS results, but the difference is minor imho.

Delia is...meh at best. She's just so out of place in vindictus these days.