[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

FPS greatly improved by disabling UI

SamalenkoSamalenko
Vindictus Rep: 1,475
in General Discussion
Switching to power saving mode for fishing event. And noticed that my FPS without UI was twice of with it.

Wow, I know of course that this game is very badly optimized, never think about it is that bad.

unknown.png
unknown.png
arkaine757

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    sub 30 fps for just inactive gameplay? you sure it isn't your custom gpu settings or computer in general?
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    sub 30 fps for just inactive gameplay? you sure it isn't your custom gpu settings or computer in general?

as said in my first sentence I am using my laptop's power saving mode just to hang in there for fishing event.

Suhpreme
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    sht my bad fam
    maelturd
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited April 19, 2017
    This has been known for years upon years.

DevCat (or even Nexon NA's localization team) has done nothing to optimize the UI to perform better. It's one of the biggest problems with the game, alongside the single core limitation. Why they've done absolutely nothing to improve things over the last 7 years is beyond me.

Mabinogi suffered extreme freezes and whatnot with its UI, and it took people modding the game to fix it by changing the font type from vector to bitmap (or other way around, can't remember). I don't recall if the UI dropped FPS in that game, but still. This was Nexon NA's fault for choosing a poor font type during localization, not DevCat, as KR had no problems. Unsure if Vindictus is the same..

UI has impacted performance in quite a number of titles, unfortunately. Some games are designed well and have UI with at most 1-2FPS hit, others have it cause a 20-40% drop. Vindictus is one of the worst I've ever seen, and it's made me try playing with the UI off numerous times.

I expected the UI re-design to improve things.. nope, just made it so much worse as there's actual client freezing when manipulating it now.

Until DevCat puts in the work to upgrade the engine or scaleform UI system (if even possible), this game's technical performance will continue to get worse and worse and worse. I mean, they haven't even bothered to update maps they created over 5 years ago to optimize them (people have opened them with the source editor and discovered how badly they're created), so I don't see them actually doing anything to improve the core game. Very very sad.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Well comparing NA client to KR you guys have it way worse tbh. KR is way more optimized since KR has DevCAT physically in their offices. You guys don't have that so you experience worse performance issues :(
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Well comparing NA client to KR you guys have it way worse tbh. KR is way more optimized since KR has DevCAT physically in their offices. You guys don't have that so you experience worse performance issues :(

Yeah. 40 English characters limit on mega also made it impossible to link weapon on mega. That's not something KR devcat can look into directly.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Now if only we could disable the publisher without breaking the game...
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited April 20, 2017
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »

Yeah. 40 English characters limit on mega also made it impossible to link weapon on mega. That's not something KR devcat can look into directly.

I'm rather surprised that's not increased for you guys since that's based on KR's character limit .- .