[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

PLEASE READ! Scheduled Maintenance - APR. 19, 2017

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited April 19, 2017 in News Archive
[UPDATE – 11:35 AM PDT] Additional testing is required as part of our scheduled maintenance, and will unfortunately require up to four (4) hours of additional time. Please see updated times below. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this extended maintenance.

Updated Maintenance Times:

PDT: 12:00 AM – 4:00 PM
EDT: 3:00 AM – 7:00 PM
GMT: 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
CEST: 9:00 AM – 1:00 AM (April 20)
AEDT: 6:00 PM – 10:00 AM (April 20)

---

On Wednesday, April 19th, all services for Vindictus will perform a scheduled maintenance in order to enable everyone around the globe to better enjoy Vindictus and other Nexon titles. The following services will be offline during this time:
  • Game Access (Both Nexon Launcher and Nexon Steam Launcher)
  • Game Website
  • Game Forums
  • Account Login and Sign up
  • Account Billing

Maintenance Times:
  • PDT: 12:00 AM – 12:00 PM
  • EDT: 3:00 AM – 3:00 PM
  • GMT: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
  • CEST: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
  • AEDT: 5:00 PM – 5:00 AM (April 20th)

This maintenance is part of a global account migration from a specific Nexon America Account system to a Global Account system.

Once maintenance is complete, the process for logging in to our games will remain essentially the same. However, there will be a few minor changes for those players who currently log in with their Nexon username, as all account logins will now be performed using an email address. This will greatly improve the process of logging in across multiple titles.

The situations below will cover those players who currently log in with a username, and those who currently log in with either a verified or unverified email address. Please note that the following will apply across website login, the Nexon Launcher and the Nexon Steam Launcher moving forward.
  • If you currently log in with a verified email address, you should notice zero changes.
  • If you currently log in with your Nexon username, and is it associated with a verified email address, you will need only to confirm your email address. This email address will become your new login, in place of your username.

00J3q-2ec0f088-37be-4a23-a19a-10a7cfa61e16.jpg
  • If you currently log in with your Nexon username, and it is associated with an unverified email address, we will ask you to verify the email address in order to log in. This email address will become your new login.
  • If you currently log in with your Nexon username, and it is not associated with an email address, we will ask you to provide and verify a unique email address in order to login. This email address will become your new login.

00J3q-9cb8a0e0-a7ed-4531-8b87-69aadcad4743.jpg

As part of this account migration, please note that we are no longer allowing sign-up via a Facebook-connected account, and players will need to maintain a verified email address in order to participate across all Nexon titles. We also recommend you never duplicate passwords across accounts, and that you update your unique personal password from time to time.

If you have any issues with your account after this maintenance, please file a Customer Support ticket at https://support.nexon.net/.

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Hrrrm, so something that wouldn't be necessary, at least for Vindi, if we didn't have the Nexon Launcher. Yet another reason to not see it as valuable. Asia Region Master Race.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    In what ways does this accomplish the tasks of "enabling everyone around the globe to better enjoy Vindictus and other Nexon titles" or "greatly improve the process of logging in across multiple titles."?

The Nexon Launcher already sacrifices the ability to smoothly log in and switch between accounts of the game you WANT to play in order to offer you other games you dont want to play.
    KaiTheArcherCallistheneBloodAngelSaintGuinnesshi5josh
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited April 14, 2017
    What if the email was already deleted due to inactivity for certain people? They'll be unable to log in and lose their account.
    Ravelations
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Meh
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    Mixxia wrote: »
    In what ways does this accomplish the tasks of "enabling everyone around the globe to better enjoy Vindictus and other Nexon titles" or "greatly improve the process of logging in across multiple titles."?

The Nexon Launcher already sacrifices the ability to smoothly log in and switch between accounts of the game you WANT to play in order to offer you other games you dont want to play.

ENABLING EVERYONE AROUND THE GLOBE TO BETTER ENJOY VINDICTUS

In what way that doing IP blocking on many countries not listed under the server region actually enabling everyone AROUND the globe to better enjoy Vindictus?

Enlighten me please.
    SluckerSirRFIPixelPantsuTetsujinShizukaaDelterosBluntForcethiens2thanStormCrusherhi5josh
  • FrostUnknownFrostUnknown
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    While you're at it, and since... I'm an EU player who did these steps earlier, I ask, again, to UNBLOCK Israel... the one legal region of those you IP blocked after the migration.
    SirRFIConfiStormCrusherhi5josh
  • CwenniCwenni
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Seigaku wrote: »
    Mixxia wrote: »

ENABLING EVERYONE AROUND THE GLOBE TO BETTER ENJOY VINDICTUS

In what way that doing IP blocking on many countries not listed under the server region actually enabling everyone AROUND the globe to better enjoy Vindictus?

Enlighten me please.

Exactly my thoughts while reading the op.
    Talking about "enabling everyone around the globe" is so cynical, Nexon. Esp. while not one single GM or other member of the management besides (sorry but voluntary forum admins doesn't count) has been posting here about the status of solving the IP block problem.
    A lot of good players are missing and I want them back in game.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited April 15, 2017
    enable everyone around the globe to better enjoy Vindictus and other Nexon titles.

For those of you who have never worked in a corporate environment before, once you translate this to plain english, it basically means that they are doing backend stuff to simplify things for their IT team (merging all accounts into a global account system rather than tracking accounts per game).

The only benefit to end users is that that if they have lots of nexon accounts, they only need to remember one email address to login instead of a mix of usernames/emails.

But damn, a 12 hour maintenance during AU peak time sure sucks.
    Chunmander
  • TamagoTamago
    edited April 15, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    enable everyone around the globe to better enjoy Vindictus and other Nexon titles.

For those of you who have never worked in a corporate environment before, once you translate this to plain english, it basically means that they are doing backend stuff to simplify things for their IT team (merging all accounts into a global account system rather than tracking accounts per game).

The only benefit to end users is that that if they have lots of nexon accounts, they only need to remember one email address to login instead of a mix of usernames/emails.

But damn, a 12 hour maintenance during AU peak time sure sucks.

What?
    Accounts aren't per game... The same account can be used for ALL games.
    People with multiple accounts still need to know the email associated with that account rather than the old Nexon ID.
    This serves no purpose other than to inconvenience old players who use a Nexon ID to log in rather than an email and screws over those who no longer have access to the email they made their account with.
    Ravelationshi5josh
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited April 15, 2017
    This will greatly improve the process of logging in across multiple titles.

This line seemed to be implying that accounts were on a per game basis or something to that effect.

Theres probably going to be a way to change the email associated with an account if its no longer available.

Either way, my point was that this change mostly benefits the nexon IT team, not end users.
  • TamagoTamago
    Question2 wrote: »
    This will greatly improve the process of logging in across multiple titles.

This line seemed to be implying that accounts were on a per game basis or something to that effect.

Theres probably going to be a way to change the email associated with an account if its no longer available.

Either way, my point was that this change mostly benefits the nexon IT team, not end users.

Yeah, by logging in and submitting a ticket. They require a photo ID, the name you signed up with, and the birthday you signed up with. Many people faked these or do not remember what they signed up with.

I don't see how this benefits the IT team when there's practically no change in how things work. People with Nexon ID's can already log in using their email instead of the Nexon ID.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    Don't y'all see whats happening? They are making it for the entire globe being able to play under the same roof, the next step is to remove the boundries and let everyone play in 1 server. it would be massive, it would be fun, it would be laggy but im sure something could be done about that last part lol
  • IbNoobIbNoob
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Thank for doing on my first day off in 2 weeks :'(
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Mainichi wrote: »
    What if the email was already deleted due to inactivity for certain people? They'll be unable to log in and lose their account.

Exactly my problem ^
    hi5josh
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Well that's where customer support tickets come in. They did post that in the very bottom of that post xD
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    Gessler wrote: »
    You and your sick theories, go back to your hole scrub

Harsh... :P

• AsunaBabeAsunaBabe
    Vindictus Rep: 350
    Please put detail notice if this scheduled maintenance is for the people of EU only or in NA. Cause I'm pretty sure NA users use their email as login not sure if EU used those kinda weird if you say NA included, and do we have a compensation for the 12 hour maintenance just saying not hoping get some not blessing. When do we get a separate Hellfairy package on NX depot not the Russian Rollet kind of box.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Well that's where customer support tickets come in. They did post that in the very bottom of that post xD
    Meanwhile I cannot use my main email on my main account, because it was used on an NA account before Vindi EU even existed, and they can't help that.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    I should have been more clear when I said that. Contact Support NOW to fix it. Otherwise....well....you may be SoL.
  • angelo07phoenixangelo07phoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    hi everyone, Im from India and i wanted to try out different MMO's in pc, i have already tried out StarWars, TESO, Tera, Warframe etc. And wanted to play critically acclaimed VINDICTUS, i download the game, and when i tried to run the game, IM OUT OF THEIR FREAKING SERVICE AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??? IF THEY'RE GOING TO PUT IP BAN, THEY ShOULDN'T EVEN LET ME DOWNLOAD THE GAME AND GAME LAUNCHER AT ALL!!!!!!! THE GAME SIZE IS 15GB and I WASTE MY TIME AND DATA FOR USELESS NEXON. I EVEN SUPPORTED DEV IN ANYWAY I CAN, EVEN ON ANDROID. WHY CANT THEY JUST PUT A WARNING MESSAGE OR NOTIFICATION WHEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME? they just had to let us download the game and wouldn't let us play. Good Job in Doing that. Im going to stop all my support for you guys.