[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The last bastion of XE falls - China becomes Prem

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited April 16, 2017
    Wonder if there are any XE Ein Lacher videos to prove that... OH WAIT, no one can do that anymore.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Lavonne wrote: »

Raw skill = XE
    Stats = Premiere

If you want to argue that getting stats is harder than playing better, than you'd be right, Premiere is more challenging in a sense that it's more stat demanding. But at the end of the day, you can buy stats (that includes "stamina management"), but you can't buy gold medals in Einlach and you can't buy combo bonus.

V0lterix wrote: »
    So at the end of the day, you're just saying nobody who plays on Premiere can possibly be good and only XE players are the skilled gods.

Where did I say anything about Premiere players? Not sure if a bad straw man or just insecure. I was talking about the structures of the versions. XE has a structure that is similar to Einlach whereas the structure of Premiere incentivizes stats over skills. And that's ok because stats = $$$$, which is exactly what Nexon and DevCat would want as a business.

Premiere is more profitable as a business model (for example the stat Damage Reflect is useless in XE while in Premiere it goes hand in hand with facetanking). But more challenging? Nope. Let's be real - the developers favored Premiere because $$$$ talks. What kind of a greedy businesses would want to give players free damage boost for playing well when you can charge them for it through the gear progression system.

You must be oblivious.

Raw skill = XE
    Stats = Premiere

If you want to argue that getting stats is harder than playing better, than you'd be right, Premiere is more challenging in a sense that it's more stat demanding. But at the end of the day, you can buy stats (that includes "stamina management"), but you can't buy gold medals in Einlach and you can't buy combo bonus.

How many times should I quote this until it gets through your head? 150 times perhaps?
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited April 16, 2017
    Why are these EU players calling sprint double tap sprint?
    Pretty sure almost nobody double taps the movement keys to sprint.
    The majority of people press the sprint key to sprint...

Also, stop complaining about losing Xtra Ez lmao.
    Nobody cares and KR scrapped it for a reason.
    MochiSweet
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited April 16, 2017
    So uhh...XE is harder because you don't get hit to get a 50% bonus on all your attacks while the premier plebs all facetank because theres no incentive to dodge?

Idk man, I think not dying is incentive enough to dodge attacks but what do I know, I'm a Premier skrub with 5golden god chars on my ez mode game.

V0lterixSekaiizMochiSweet
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Mainichi wrote: »
    The majority of people press the sprint key to sprint..
    - We delete the double-tap sprint, it sometimes mess with positionning so much.. I would rather hold spacebar much more than double-tapping my controls. Can already spam it for twerk moves anyway, no point of double-tapping really.

Don't see where I called sprint - "double tap sprint", you must be blind. I just say that positionning can be annoying by mis-using this double tap thing that activates sprint as well.
    I would rather have ONLY spacebar to activate sprint than BOTH spacebar + double-tapping direction controls.

This shouldn't be difficult to understand now.
  • TamagoTamago
    The majority of people press the sprint key to sprint..
    - We delete the double-tap sprint, it sometimes mess with positionning so much.. I would rather hold spacebar much more than double-tapping my controls. Can already spam it for twerk moves anyway, no point of double-tapping really.

Don't see where I called sprint - "double tap sprint", you must be blind. I just say that positionning can be annoying by mis-using this double tap thing that activates sprint as well.
    I would rather have ONLY spacebar to activate sprint than BOTH spacebar + double-tapping direction controls.

This shouldn't be difficult to understand now.

I'm not referring you, since I haven't even read your post.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    @Mainichi Double tap sprint reffers to starting to sprint after double tapping movement direction key. Since XE had only sprint for getting into right position most people used tapping, but if you use tapping here you will only trigger sprint ending animation (caused me few deaths in pre version), so it would be nice if it was removed or setable in options (for example alban festival doesn't have double tapping to sprint effect now you know why). To prevent double tapping effect in pre you have to double tap different direction keys (for example W+D) but it is uncomfortable since you have to change camera view by 45°.
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    PRE has really annoying default running, character looks like it keeps on sliding (shuffling if anyone remembers that thing) could increase running speed to match animation...
    Besides some bugs it like it way more than XE.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited April 17, 2017
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    why did nexon/devcat get rid of XE in all regions?
    It's mostly publisher decision. As far I know, Taiwan or Thailand (unsure which one it was) was reopened, because the publisher closed all PC games and moved their service to mobile games instead, so another company took the region over (moving data ended up with failure though).

pootisman wrote: »
    I didn't think I actually need to list all these out
    There are more differences, but most of them are insignificant. However, while stamina is being discussed - keep in mind that Premiere also has bigger on-hit penalty (as in after hitting a target, the attack becomes slower; this is negated by transformation and Focus Stimulant; this effect applies to every target hit - You can notice it on Bark)

Ikarsu wrote: »
    Wonder if there are any XE Ein Lacher videos to prove that... OH WAIT, no one can do that anymore.
    Prove what specifically? We have got and finished all Ein Lacher (aka Einrach and Einrahur) by October, so there should be videos on YouTube with these.

As for double-tap sprint - for clarification: I don't see an issue holding a key to sprint and probably most players as well, but the sprint alternate control by pressing directional keys twice (WSAD / ↑←↓→ / whatever you use). This usually happens when trying to position yourself precisely (stand on an edge, position yourself on Abomination hooking platform, etc.) or walking around regenerating stamina (ie: going back and then on side). In first example You might fall off or require re-positioning again, in second stop regeneration so more time to do that is needed - a waste. It's basically the same trouble maker as alternate control for jump attack in XE, which could interrupt Vella's LR+R (shortened Typhon) , Evie's scythe smash 0 and similar. I would love to see it either removed or optional as check-box in Advanced Settings.

I know this is irrelevant (as in not XE/PRE related), but I would also want an alternative option to turn on/off boss "flashing" when hit by someone. It really decreases readability.

In my opinion, it would be cool if future updates somewhat merged the pros of both versions. It does not mean literally adding them in, for example combo or auto-sprint, but use the concept to make a remastered version. What if auto-sprint bugs were removed, and combo somewhat more balanced (lets say less damage boost, affect more things etc.)? Think of it. I know that it's probably a daydreaming, but arguing over something that won't return isn't any better.
    MadcobraVladinoGewellirious
  • TamagoTamago
    edited April 17, 2017
    I don't know anybody that has had any issues with the sprint/ slow down animation activating on accident when repositioning in the 6.5 years NA has been around. It's a non-issue that's being greatly exaggerated IMO.

If it's such a huge issue for you guys on EU, then do it while holding down the sprint key, since you guys are used to repositioning with sprint rather than walking anyway.
  • PorcedduPorceddu
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited April 17, 2017
    How's bending over, everytime that you press twice too fast WASD, a feature? Are developers secretly passive homosexuals?

It's only the only thing that's been bothering me so far. (I mean the sprint-start animation, not the devs fetishes)
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    I don't know anybody that has had any issues with the sprint/ slow down animation activating on accident when repositioning in the 6.5 years NA has been around. It's a non-issue that's being greatly exaggerated IMO.

If it's such a huge issue for you guys on EU, then do it while holding down the sprint key, since you guys are used to repositioning with sprint rather than walking anyway.

I have heard you havn't had any issues with not having multiprocessing but now due to cries of XE/EU players they have added this "useless" feature that only annoys you. And EU players can't even walk properly with sprint now they are all ducking around pressing direction/sprint keys like mad... Please show them how to run in PRE version ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Don't take it as insult I just want to point out that most of comments of pre players are like "stop this cancerous XE from spreading" while those who played XE are trying to suggest improvement since they know the pros and cons of XE/PRE now.
    SirRFI
  • fewifewnewffewifewnewf
    Vindictus Rep: 430
    XE was super fun, instead of slip dashing once into a boss to avoid certain hitboxes, you had to slip+nimble 10 miles away because dodging was so borked on XE

Un-ironically, the pro-XE posters in this thread play Evie/Fiona
    ZentrixxController001
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited April 18, 2017
    Vladino wrote: »

Don't take it as insult I just want to point out that most of comments of pre players are like "stop this cancerous XE from spreading" while those who played XE are trying to suggest improvement since they know the pros and cons of XE/PRE now.

except some EU players are so biased about their precious XE and claming false fact about Pre and completely ignoring their own problems.
    Tamago
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Now that Europe is some time after service unification/merge and with it became Premiere - we know the differences. Some people left, some adapted, some like it, some don't. There's no point listing all the differences, and the list wouldn't be probably complete anyway.

XE itself caused a few control issues, like Vella's LR+R could mess up with the alternate (and completely unnecessary) control for jump-smash, which would interrupt the attack in middle due to jump playing in. However, in the end I think I liked XE more. Combo played major part in it - a motivation to care for performance, although the annoyance from stupid low damage instant attacks like Havan walking is no longer an issue. I also enjoyed perma-sprint, and I do surely hate double-tap sprint. Some bosses were actually faster, so the statement about the game being more challenging on premiere sounds false, but I actually like that they are slower, as abilities are more responsible, and things are more as intended by the developers.

I don't really mean to bring XE vs PRE discussion yet again, especially that people spoke their opinions in first impressions after migration thread. Actually, with removal of the last remaining XE region, this pretty much closes this topic. However, with the overhaul? development, perhaps at some point they will learn lessons from the version split.

lets just hope they will implement some features from xe in the future. things like auto run. they should make that a Controls option just like the right click to kick down enemies.
  • NayaNaya
    Vindictus Rep: 300

I have heard you havn't had any issues with not having multiprocessing but now due to cries of XE/EU players they have added this "useless" feature that only annoys you. And EU players can't even walk properly with sprint now they are all ducking around pressing direction/sprint keys like mad... Please show them how to run in PRE version ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

we had multiprocessing way before EU got here
    don't act like you guys made it happen
    a lot can do without it so you guys cried way too much just because your server didn't have it right after you came here

how to sprint
    hold down the sprint key until you learn how to position yourself before you try double tapping
    work on timing and stamina management
    Bowner wrote: »
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Now that Europe is some time after service unification/merge and with it became Premiere - we know the differences. Some people left, some adapted, some like it, some don't. There's no point listing all the differences, and the list wouldn't be probably complete anyway.

XE itself caused a few control issues, like Vella's LR+R could mess up with the alternate (and completely unnecessary) control for jump-smash, which would interrupt the attack in middle due to jump playing in. However, in the end I think I liked XE more. Combo played major part in it - a motivation to care for performance, although the annoyance from stupid low damage instant attacks like Havan walking is no longer an issue. I also enjoyed perma-sprint, and I do surely hate double-tap sprint. Some bosses were actually faster, so the statement about the game being more challenging on premiere sounds false, but I actually like that they are slower, as abilities are more responsible, and things are more as intended by the developers.

I don't really mean to bring XE vs PRE discussion yet again, especially that people spoke their opinions in first impressions after migration thread. Actually, with removal of the last remaining XE region, this pretty much closes this topic. However, with the overhaul? development, perhaps at some point they will learn lessons from the version split.

lets just hope they will implement some features from xe in the future. things like auto run. they should make that a Controls option just like the right click to kick down enemies.

auto run is a thing
    auto sprint is not
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    This thread right now

morton-salt-mine.jpg
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    XE was super fun, instead of slip dashing once into a boss to avoid certain hitboxes, you had to slip+nimble 10 miles away because dodging was so borked on XE

Un-ironically, the pro-XE posters in this thread play Evie/Fiona

Vladino is a Lynn, nice try.
  • TamagoTamago
    edited April 18, 2017

Except we've always had multiprocessing, so your post is irrelevant.
    Maybe do some research before you post next time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • iPunchedMileyiPunchedMiley
    Vindictus Rep: 415

The only useless feature we got was the merge with you guys. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    lordofrangerGewellirious