[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is it worth re-gearing weapons for 95?

CelestiaVCelestiaV
Vindictus Rep: 710
in General Discussion
So let's just assume somebody sold me a +14-15 90 orange scrolled BS(which won't happen). With level 95 gear coming soon, would it be wise to switch to a 95 weapon or stick with the +14-15. I do know that the 95 weapons will have a base attack increase of 3k including more crit over 90 weapons. I won't be considering re-gearing my armour but the weapon would definitely help with capping dullahan(which most players won't).

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    You can still reach attack cap for Dullahan with a +15 level 90. Sure, it will be harder to crit cap it, but all that extra attack speed and additional damage will still probably result in higher DPS overall (especially for speed reliant characters), compared to a +10 level 95.

And even if you managed to make a +12 or +13 level 95, all that extra attack/crit wont help you anyway due to attack caps for most raids, since you are probably close to or at s3 crit cap with your level 90.

IIRC attack cap for Dullahan is going to be around 28k. So if you have a +15 level 90, you can skip level 95 weapons entirely unless you want to try to make a +15 level 95.

What you would probably want to do is upgrade to level 95 armor though, since Derpcat probably balanced Dullahan to hit like a truck unless you are in full level 95 OJ enchanted gear....look at how much damage s3 raid bosses do if you are in level 80 or purple level 90 gear.
    CelestiaV
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    Question2 wrote: »
    You can still reach attack cap for Dullahan with a +15 level 90. Sure, it will be harder to crit cap it, but all that extra attack speed and additional damage will still probably result in higher DPS overall (especially for speed reliant characters), compared to a +10 level 95.

And even if you managed to make a +12 or +13 level 95, all that extra attack/crit wont help you anyway due to attack caps for most raids, since you are probably close to or at s3 crit cap with your level 90.

IIRC attack cap for Dullahan is going to be around 28k. So if you have a +15 level 90, you can skip level 95 weapons entirely unless you want to try to make a +15 level 95.

What you would probably want to do is upgrade to level 95 armor though, since Derpcat probably balanced Dullahan to hit like a truck unless you are in full level 95 OJ enchanted gear....look at how much damage s3 raid bosses do if you are in level 80 or purple level 90 gear.

Ah I see, okay so I will most likely stick with my +14 90 bs if I ever find one. As for the armour, I currently have 3-4* full OJ fully enchanted armour, it just seems regearing level 95 armour will seem like a hassle...
  • Question2Question2
    edited April 15, 2017
    Yea it will be, although nobody will be able to regear quickly anyway since I highly doubt we will get mats in seal shop on release (or for months afterwards) and everyone will be hoarding mats for themselves, their friends and their guild.

Would also depend on the stat difference between level 95 and 90 armor. If theres going to be like, a 3k DEF difference, then you are pretty much forced to upgrade to level 95 armor at some point.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I'm just wondering what is needed for the 95 set bonus to get the +1 crit on the rings. Would be a nice bonus to have, but odds are I'll just make do with 90 gear on my mains.

As said above though, a +14/15 90 will be all you need to cap in all stats. It won't be as easy, but the return from it will be worthwhile.
    CelestiaV
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    heard a rumor theyre already working on 100 gear because kr players think 95 is just a bothersome half-step. anyone that can confirm this?
    hi5josh
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    I see some players carrying Neamhain raid with +14/15 lev 80 weapons.They are far enough from the crit cap...about 120 to 125 crit,so about 15-20 crit below the cap.They have a lot of speed and great additional damage thoe.They also have no att limit removal since they have lev 80 weapons..

If your trying to switch to level 95 weapon right away,you pretty much do it only to *potentially facilitate* your:
    1-Neamhain Runs
    2-Dulluhan Runs

You can have fun and make gold in many other contents,also the maps that will be released with the new chapter probably have lower (attack/crit)caps than the raid itself.

I currently use a+12 with all enlightened/enthu,silent /declarative:

DVR7clP.jpg?1

With a few upgradings i could reach over 27k Matt easely as it is
    DZxuS5i.jpg

With all the completions i could definitely reach between 28/28,5k and worst comes to worst i can use the kitty potions for an extra 500 attack
    bS1PY2V.jpg?1

And that is with a +12

Since Dulluhan's update in the korean Server,there has not been any new content that demands higher stats and its been a while.A+14/15 even maybe a +13 will still be enough to run any end game content properly.Obviously as more content will be added and better rewards will be distributed in the newest areas,we'd want to upgrade,but we are still far from there.Nontheless,it's definitely not all that necessary to crit cap right away when we get the update.

If you can easely afford to switch to a lev 95 weapon with a good enhance level,it wouldn't be bad of course,but considering that there will be only 2 raids that are that demanding in term of critical hits,its definitely not somthing that needs to be rushed.
    PixelPantsuCelestiaV
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    do u think it's worth it giving up a lot of speed and a lot of balance just to be crit capped? JUST for 1 raid?... also 95 weps aren't gonna be cheap lemme tell u that, imo is just a waste of money, +13 90 is actually enough to cap S3 and Neamhain.... is just 4 times per week who needs to cap that and is not like EVERYONE has crit cap neam, probably only 10% of community at most, and they aren't really that good tbh (attleast not most of them) so u don't have to worry about it.

my opinion ofc. :3
    CelestiaV7thRonin
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    I'm just wondering what is needed for the 95 set bonus to get the +1 crit on the rings. Would be a nice bonus to have, but odds are I'll just make do with 90 gear on my mains.

As said above though, a +14/15 90 will be all you need to cap in all stats. It won't be as easy, but the return from it will be worthwhile.

Well from what I have read, it should just be having both 95 rings equiped. If it requires the armour too then I might as well kiss that+1 crit good bye since I'm not looking forward to regearing my armour just for +1 crit. I can infuse my accesories an still balance out. Regardless, I will still get the 95 rings with dead es which is why I still have un-enchanted 80 rings.
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    do u think it's worth it giving up a lot of speed and a lot of balance just to be crit capped? JUST for 1 raid?... also 95 weps aren't gonna be cheap lemme tell u that, imo is just a waste of money, +13 90 is actually enough to cap S3 and Neamhain.... is just 4 times per week who needs to cap that and is not like EVERYONE has crit cap neam, probably only 10% of community at most, and they aren't really that good tbh (attleast not most of them) so u don't have to worry about it.

my opinion ofc. :3

It's definitely not worth losing the speed etc for a 95 weapon. The only way I would swap to a 95 weapon would be again as mentioned above, the enhance level was +13-15. Gold wouldn't be an issue of course, I was just looking for some solid answers/opinions(which I got, thanks guys). On a side note, since I mainly ONLY do neamhain(reasons being every other raid is not as challenging) and maybe dullahan, I would love to be able to cap dullahan as well sometime in the future. Only issue I have with this is that continously adding this new level cap(increase in base stats by a large margin) severely irritates me and I would think a lot of end-game geared players.
  • CelestiaVCelestiaV
    Yea it will be, although nobody will be able to regear quickly anyway since I highly doubt we will get mats in seal shop on release (or for months afterwards) and everyone will be hoarding mats for themselves, their friends and their guild.

Would also depend on the stat difference between level 95 and 90 armor. If theres going to be like, a 3k DEF difference, then you are pretty much forced to upgrade to level 95 armor at some point.

And this basically comes back to the point I was making earlier. There should be a way to just upgrade our end-game gear. Plenty of players have spent a lot of time, gold and ressources into making their stats what they are and adding(pure example) level 100 in the near future will throw all that out the window(armour, weapon wise) if as you mentioned, base stats are greatly increased compared to 90. Nobody wants to be left behind and those who aren't as well off, those with purple 90 armour will be struggling to re-gear for dullahan or they'll have to settle to getting carried.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    edited April 15, 2017
    It's threads like these that allow me to have a poor outlook of future content and how it will effect me personally. There was a lot of fear for S3 before it came out, and some of it ended up being justified. However, for most of us that have been faithful to this game, we adapted while some of us moved on. The thought of regearing with level 95 gear scares me after everything I had to do to get what I have now. But like others have pointed out, it only effects the newest raids and content. Hopefully the normal storyline​ won't be too dramatic of a change in difficulty. If you can live with the idea of moping the floor on the latest raids till you get free handouts or level 100 gear is available, you may be better off forgoing level 95 gear entirely. You'll still need to upgrade past 90 gear eventually...

I wish they just created a system to where we could upgrade to higher level gear since the community is shrinking and threshold of dedication that people have for farming is dwindling. I would like to see a system that is practically farmable that would allow us to change the primary material out allowing the item itself to evolve to the level 95 equivalent. Upon doing that, you would either keep the secondary materials you currently have (their current status) or would be upgraded to the current orange grade random rolled stats, thus requiring you to work on material synthesis again. Stat release mats would be refunded to you and you would need to finish material synthesis again prior to reapplying them.

As things are now, I'm not fond of the idea of level 95 gear, nor do I currently plan to upgrade. I'm not saying I won't. I just feel as if its a waist of time and money. I hardly play any content anymore, especially farming raids daily... The question I ask myself - " Is it really worth the headache for a couple chapters of story content and a handful of raids?" Currently I don't think so...

Sorry for the formatting and rambling. I was typing from my phone. XD
    DAOWAce
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    Generally speaking, the role of new gears to give a new objective to the players to work on, in a long term. The harder the efforts taken to eventually max-ing everything, the more satisfaction we get upon finishing. Though eventually people got very good at the raids that it becomes dps competition all over again. This has been happening since forever, the aim was always to get higher stats, meanwhile the main attraction of vindictus is about the combat, and the reward of pulling it off nicely with the current RNG is almost pointless.

• KonpakuKonpaku
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    This is same as asking if you want to switch to new smartphone or not. There's always gonna be new stuff coming, but they don't necessarily perform better than existing ones.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    The differences between the sets are like 1800 DEF and 3K ATT or something like that. Also keep in mind that while you get more Critical with the new weapon, you also lose 7 Balance.

Imo, only completionists will get this new set. I mean, 3K ATT is a lot, but if you already have a highly enhanced lvl 90 weapon, you won't really need it.
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I don't have a +15 super weapon so I might. How much more crit, balance and speed do lv95 gear have?

The better question is do I care to get another glaive or use spellsword again. Lynn is pretty shitty in comparison.
  • Question2Question2
    CelestiaV wrote: »

And this basically comes back to the point I was making earlier. There should be a way to just upgrade our end-game gear. Plenty of players have spent a lot of time, gold and ressources into making their stats what they are and adding(pure example) level 100 in the near future will throw all that out the window(armour, weapon wise) if as you mentioned, base stats are greatly increased compared to 90. Nobody wants to be left behind and those who aren't as well off, those with purple 90 armour will be struggling to re-gear for dullahan or they'll have to settle to getting carried.

Level 95 is definately a shameless cash grab, IIRC the director responsible for Dullahan was also the one responsible for the s2 release fiasco where most people had to buy gachapon boxes to get level 80 gear.

From a progression standpoint, a second level 90 plate set is dumb, so is adding level 95 gear right after abo. If they -really- wanted to make two themed level 90 sets (one for ben chenner, one for lochlann) then Dullahan should have been the second level 90 cloth set (it even looks like cloth). Not level 95.

Obviously nexon really wants to force people to upgrade gear to sell more runes, but the side effect is people rage quitting instead. Not that Nexon cares as long as they make a healthy profit each quarter.

As it is, newbies who just reached level 90 have a really tough time getting decent gear for s3. Now, keep in mind that most fully geared level 90s are currently refusing to help do s3 dailies/raids (because they dont have anything to gain), and newbies in free level 90 gear basically need to get carried in s2 and s3 content because they do no damage there. So its pretty tough for them to find decently geared level 90s to help them gear up and get scrolls/s3 mats.

When Dullahan is out, all the fully geared level 90s will be rushing level 95 content, they STILL wont be helping level 90 newbies to get scrolls. The newbies will get left in the dust unless they have friends who will help them gear up.

I have friends in level 70-80 gear who refuse to come back to the game precisely because they cannot imagine the amount of grinding they need to do to get a full level 90 enchanted set, which s3 content is balanced for. I also have friends in level 90 gear who rage quitted because they do not want to bother gearing up for level 95.

From my perspective, I was willing to spend money to enhance a level 90 weapon because I knew I would be using it for a long time, so the cost of the runes were spread out over a long period. But many players don't see it that way, especially when they think about spending runes on a level 90 weapon and having to spend runes to upgrade to a level 95 weapon later on.

In the past, a +10 weapon was roughly equal to a +12 weapon 10 levels lower, and the boss stats didnt have a huge jump per tier. People used to do drags in level 60 gear...now we are at the point where trying to do level 80 content with level 80 gear doesn't work and you need people in level 90 gear to carry. I know someone with +10 demains and free pirate gear, he doesn't even hit 16k ATT.
    CelestiaVDAOWAceSyaerus
  • LaharLahar
    Release date?
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    simple answer : nope.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    For me personally, I am just so burned out and tired of gearing and farming for 90 gear that I just don't have the time, energy or willpower to start the entire cycle again for 95 gear.
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    If you're a Sword Lann, it's pretty much mandatory.
    CelestiaV