[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Suspecting memory allocation issue...?

XeareXeare
Vindictus Rep: 905
in Tech Support
So Vindictus runs terribly on my computer. Almost always around, idk, 10 frames per second or so. Given that knowledge, I can usually for whatever reason get a consistent 30 fps when I've pulled up nox, my mobile emulator, at the same time. This also makes games on nox run faster while vindictus is up as well, so it's clearly something on my end but I have no idea what.

Comments

• CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    It's hard to tell like this, but if you could tell us what are your current specs it might certainly help.
    Don't forget to precise the OS you're on.

• XeareXeare
    https://pastebin.com/bWHA1dYv
    DxDiag.txt right there, that's probably the most accurate I'll be able to post.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    You're specs are quite good (muuuuuch more than mine) and with so much RAM, I don't understand how your game could be so slow....

The only thing I could think of (though I don't think that would really be the reason) is that your CPU has 4 cores. Do you enable the multicore mode?

Perhaps the problem might come from here (whether you use it or not). I don't know why, but I often get the feeling that Vindictus can't actually handle more than 1 core...
    ->Multicore in Vindictus? Hahahahaha!
    *coughs*

Anyway,

*warning! Random theory craft ahead!*
    -I assume that running Nox kinda forces your Win10 to dispatch cores for Vindi AND for Nox and thus, Vindi runs more smoothly because it has less cores to handle.
    Yes, this might be total bullsh!t tho...

Did you try, (by mere curiousity) to tell Windows to use only 1 (or max 2) cores and then launch only Vindictus?

-This might possibly be also a problem of network. I use BlueStack as an Android emulator (but never with Vindictus as I'm afraid BlackCipher might not like it... ahem) and when I launch it, some hidden program to 'boost' my bandwith runs at the same time. Perhaps Nox use the same kind of thing and allows Vindictus to have more bandwith, less latency and thus, more fps?

But then again, what I'm saying might be total bullsh!t... I honestly have no real proof of what I am only assuming.

Sorry for not being that much of a help... :'(
  • XeareXeare
    I've been on multicore mode apparently. Changing that didn't change anything, so I doubt that it's that now. I'm left experimenting with stuff, but it's finnicky and nothing I've found so far makes sense. Any suggestions past this from anyone is welcome.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Its your cpu. Too old and slow for Vindy. Even though the clock speed is high the ipc (instructions per clock) is too slow even for single threaded tasks. Might be time for you to upgrade. That cpu you have came out in 2012 and it was a budget cpu too. Vindy being the single threaded cpu hog that it is these days require at least a 6600k intel cpu to sit comfortably around 50-60 fps. To be fair its just Vindy being horribly optimized. If you were playing any game built on a modern source engine and not this poop that vindy runs on you would easily see a lot more fps. Oh well, welcome to Vindictus :D
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    ArishaL wrote: »
    Its your cpu. Too old and slow for Vindy. Even though the clock speed is high the ipc (instructions per clock) is too slow even for single threaded tasks. Might be time for you to upgrade. That cpu you have came out in 2012 and it was a budget cpu too. Vindy being the single threaded cpu hog that it is these days require at least a 6600k intel cpu to sit comfortably around 50-60 fps.
    ROFL

Sorry, but while reading again his first post and yours, I have lots of doubts about what your saying. Not saying you're wrong, but I just don't understand how it's possible. I mean;
    -he has a A10-6800K 4x4.1GHz from 2013
    -I have a E8400 2x3Ghz from like 2008
    Am I not faaaaar behind? :D

Yet aside typical lags (on boats, begining of missions & such) my game runs quite smoothly. I do lower some graphical settings because, obviously, I have an old graphic card too but most are on the max and the only times I freeze, is when my friends on Discord are freezing too or because of my lost-in-a-forgotten-campain-made-network.

Also, how come his game seems to be fine while he has another program running at the same time? It should be the opposite instead, right? This doesn't make sense to me. Oo
  • XeareXeare
    edited April 5, 2017
    Oddly enough, my recommended settings are higher than lowest settings...?
    On top of this, it DOES increase my frames by a quite a lot, but only when Nox is up still. Without nox up, my game dips into 5-15 FPS.
    http://imgur.com/a/IaxD8
  • NecropolisNecropolis
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    edited April 6, 2017
    DIsable texture streaming and motion blur,should help some.Also try switching between windowed and fullscreen modes.Some issues are with UI changes in Ein Lacher update,caused a 20+ fps drop for everyone.Though monster machines don't notice much,and it won't probaly ever get fixed.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Might try this: http://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility
    From what you're saying it seems like your CPU thinks that it doesn't need to utilize all of its cores when it indeed does, which is why your game performance jumps when you pull up something more demanding. This is a feature of windows itself and is called CPU parking, so the 'parked' cores only get activated by windows when it thinks it's necessary, unparking them with the program only changes 2 registry entries telling windows not to park any cores.
    Additionally, putting your PCs energy saving plan (or whatever the option is called in english) to high performance might also help.
    CallistheneXeare
  • XeareXeare
    Karijuna, thanks man. That was the problem there. Everything is working a hell of a lot better.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    I'm glad it helped, you're welcome :)