[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Suggestions on pc specs best for vindi ?

London CassoLondon Casso
Vindictus Rep: 420
in Europe Chat
Getting a new pc but wondering best specs looking to spend around 200-300 give me ideas please thanks

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    edited March 18, 2017
    If you only have 300 bucks for a whole new PC, I fear you'll only get a build with which you can play Vindi in potato mode.
    Vindictus needs a pretty decent CPU to run well, which alone already costs around 200 Euro. If you're able to wait longer and save more money, I would recommend you doing just that. You'll get a lot farther with 600-700 Euro.
    Also, if you're still on a desktop PC, reusing some parts (hard drive, power supply, case) and only buying the most important parts new is probably a good idea.

Nonetheless I tried to build something but I could not stay under 300 Euro:

Intel Pentium G4560, 2x 3.50GHz, boxed ~60€
    MSI B250M Pro-VD ~65€
    G.Skill Value 4 8GB, DDR4-2400 ~55€
    HIS Radeon RX 460 iCooler OC, 2GB ~100€
    Xilence Performance A+ Serie 430W ~40€
    Toshiba DT01ACA 500GB HDD ~40€
    Cheap mini-tower case of your choice ~30€

Together ~390€ (shipping NOT included)

I'm not sure if you're gonna be happy with something like that, but that's basically all you can get with that little money. You could save more by buying used parts off ebay, but that's a little bit risky with electronics.
    Hope this helps.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited March 18, 2017
    You can get away with Vindi on a 'budget' system more or less as long as the CPU has a decent enough single core performance like intel cpus generally,game is not that heavy on GPU as long as you don't use crazy high resolutions,etc.

I'm using a i 3 4160,Gigabyte GTX 950 Xtreme,x2 4GB DDR3 1600 in dual channel with a 1080p monitor.

Game runs fine in general,using custom settings but its more on the higher side of the settings and recently I even enabled some extra stuff from Nvidia Inspector since the GPU can handle it in this game.

I'm able to host full raids on this system/settings with Multi core enabled with okay performance for both me and the party.

What Karijuna posted should have similar performance as mine,one thing I have to add is to use x2 4GB memory kit in dual channel instead of x1 8GB.
    It helps in certain cpu bound situations/games.

This game just doesn't scale well with more money thrown at hardware,at least not what one would expect:P

• Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    as mentioned above, all you need is good CPU, rest can be anything from 2010+.
    Hell if you get one of "lake"(6000 or 7000 series) cpus, you wont even need a gpu, since they come with decent iGPUs (enough to max out vindictus)
  • JessieJessie
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Dunno where you're from but 200-300 will only get me potatoes. I'd recommend saving up to atleast 500 and spend it in a promo. Decent gaming PC's in my area start at 700, and the specs could last 5 years unless you want to play brand new releases every time.

I'd aim for atleast a processor equal to intel i3, 8GB ram and a graphics card equal to GTX 750i/AMD r7 370.
  • London CassoLondon Casso
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    ATM I got a i3 but normal
    Graphic hd card that maybe the problem
    Why I can't use high resolution
  • adyrocksadyrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    edited April 6, 2017
    E8400 , 9600 gt, 4gb ram , potato mechanical hdd

i can host 8 ppl with pets and whatever else in full HD at over 30 fps with all settings on high

price : as a ancient PC maybe less than 100 $ on second hand market